The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm Confused about my PS4 Update

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
So I updated my Router, which said I have a new update. I installed it, I thought it was the case so my ESO quit freezing every second. Alas here the confusing part, is yet to come.
So I went to system software in the "original way" in turn says I don't have any updates and I'm currently running the current Update.

I thought that was very weird so I went into safe mode of the PS4 and update. Low and behold says I got update available, Update 4.73?. I thought that was very weird, so I went ahead and download it and update software from safe mode.

I thought I was all good, for 3 more days though. My PS4 keep saying I'm running current software in Original way, but via safe mode keep saying new software available. The 4.73? I'm very at a loss unto why Update 4.73 won't download when originally I keep downloading for 3 days the same update.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it because, my PS4 Pro very confused? I'm also confused as well.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI, so here is my 4.73 PS4 Update says I have in safe mode (But The Original PS4 Updater says, I have no new download and current Update is already installed.)

But I keep downloading 4.73 Update for 3 days in row via safe mode. How could I still have current Update running, but safe mode says I'm not running current.

Why is my 4.73 refuse to update even after I click install and PS4 restarted itself. I'm so confused, but everytime I finished download 4.73 and restart PS4 after install. It still says new update is available, the 4.73. Why?

PS_Messages_20170831_155531.jpg
    PS_Messages_20170831_155727.jpg
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    To get your system update to go through, you can try unplugging your PS4 for 10+ minutes, then reconnect it and try running the update once more. If that doesn't help, you should contact PlayStation Support for further troubleshooting here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    To get your system update to go through, you can try unplugging your PS4 for 10+ minutes, then reconnect it and try running the update once more. If that doesn't help, you should contact PlayStation Support for further troubleshooting here.

Thank you, I did exactly what you suggested and unplug for 10 minutes. I installed the 4.73 again afterwards. PS4 restarted itself but same problem.

Regular way still say I'm running current software, I put safe mode again still say 4.73 Update available. Even after what you suggested. Thus I will do the 2nd suggest step and contact Sony via link you provided. Thank you again for your help though :)