The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blocking people isn't working can still see what they say and hear them (PS4)

Jake1576
Jake1576
✭✭✭✭✭
So i was in Grahtwood and i noticed text chat and started reading it and someone was saying racist things in it. that i thought i had blocked them from along time ago. so i whent to check if i did and sure enough it said that person was already blocked. so i reblocked them again and still could see what they was texting. there is a reason i had them blocked and i shouldn't have to see things like this especially when who is saying it is blocked. blocking people on ps4 is broken and doesn't work please look into fixing this issue. it's been broken for awhile now i tend to say things back when i see someone being an idiot in text chat. and i'm afraid i will get banned for it if your block feature worked as intended this wouldn't happen. because i wouldn't of been able to see the negative things the person was saying to begin with.
Edited by Jake1576 on August 24, 2017 5:34AM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just happened yet again got insulted by someone already i had blocked and i said something back what am i suppose to do not say something back when someone is insulting me i already had blocked i'm afraid i'm going to get banned cause blocking people on console is not working please fix this
    Edited by Jake1576 on August 29, 2017 6:38AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are aware that some console players are still receiving contacts from those they have blocked. To resolve this issue, we recommend that you restart the game.

We also remind everyone that use of the voice chat options in console versions of ESOTU is governed by the Xbox.com Service Agreement and/or the SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) Terms of Service.

These documents can be found here:

Xbox One: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/XboxComTOU
    PlayStation 4: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service/
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are aware that some console players are still receiving contacts from those they have blocked. To resolve this issue, we recommend that you restart the game.

We also remind everyone that use of the voice chat options in console versions of ESOTU is governed by the Xbox.com Service Agreement and/or the SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) Terms of Service.

These documents can be found here:

Xbox One: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/XboxComTOU
    PlayStation 4: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service/

and when resetting the game doesnt fix it? what are we supposed to do? suffer the abuse?

and i dont know about ps4, but xbox report system does not allow for the option to provide evidence of in game harrassment so unless the person abuses you through an xbox message theres nothing that can be done.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We strongly encourage you to report all violations of our Terms of Service via the in-game support interface. Instructions for reporting all incidents of harrassment can be found in this help article: How can I protect myself from Harassment?.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We strongly encourage you to report all violations of our Terms of Service via the in-game support interface. Instructions for reporting all incidents of harrassment can be found in this help article: How can I protect myself from Harassment?.

i have reported certain people in game & attempted to block them & the harassment continues because apparently people can hurl as much abuse as they want in this game as long as its in welsh!

• Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Blocking is not working on Xbox one either. I have restarted the game and reloadui as well. This appears to be the go to ZOS solution to every glitch and complaint. I have reported these gold sellers multiple times then blocked them. But of course the next time I step off the wayshrine in Craglorn, I'm assaulted with the same spammers.
    Please fix this problem, its obnoxious.
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol billy should have said, "ro fix all the problems with the game turn it off and go read a book or play outside"

We all know by now that ZoS has no idea how to code and debug games.
    What they do know is how to make a fun addicting game that you will play with game breaking bugs and glitches anyway.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restarting the game is what bugs it out in the first place. That's terrible advice from the mod...

You see, you block them on PSN and the moment you block them, a few seconds later you can't hear or see their chat etc.

However, upon a restart, the PSN they remain blocked, but the game almost "forgets" you blocked them. And so, your only option is to UNBLOCK them and RE-BLOCK them EVERY... TIME... YOU... SWITCH... CHARACTERS...

It's annoying, isn't it? I don't know why ZoS can't give us an in-game version of blocking/muting instead of relying on Sony's version of it - that clearly is not compatible.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Restarting the game is what bugs it out in the first place. That's terrible advice from the mod...

You see, you block them on PSN and the moment you block them, a few seconds later you can't hear or see their chat etc.

However, upon a restart, the PSN they remain blocked, but the game almost "forgets" you blocked them. And so, your only option is to UNBLOCK them and RE-BLOCK them EVERY... TIME... YOU... SWITCH... CHARACTERS...

It's annoying, isn't it? I don't know why ZoS can't give us an in-game version of blocking/muting instead of relying on Sony's version of it - that clearly is not compatible.

Yeah it's very annoying it wouldn't be that difficult for them to add a feature that is in game based so blocking would actually work console always seems to play second to pc heck they openly admitted that clever alchemist is getting nerfed on console because or an exploit that was only happening on pc it's terrible they show very little concern towards console players and show more towards pc getting harassed and seeing racist things on console shouldn't be allowed just because blocking people doesn't work it sucks
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 12, 2017 8:35PM