Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3 days into patching the update, still not even to the 50% mark

kichwas
kichwas
✭✭✭✭
Setup: windows 10 bootcamp on a 2013macbook pro. Game on external drive.
(Can't run on mac side due to failure of Razor Synnapse cloud drivers on mac - so I put the game on Windows).

The new patch is rewriting every single .dat file in my install, one at a time. The launcher itself often looks frozen - I have to go into windows explorer and refresh folders to see files updating...

It was downloading them at 300kb/sec so I put in port triggers and port forwarding yesterday and closed then restarted the launcher (pause button was greyed out).

Sadly this restarted the process... It started writing to the very files it spent the first 2 days making... at 40mb/sec initially, but slowly dropping until hitting 800 kb/sec this morning...

Is this... avoidable? At this pace my machine is locked up for the next week...

My internet is usually a 200mb/sec download... 30mb/sec up...
Jah bless
PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea why this was moved to Mac support. It is a Windows issue.

That said...

Made it back in late last night.

I had to reformat my hard drive and re-install windows, bootcamp, and then the game... wiped out all my games as a result so I have a bit of work to do...

My external drive somehow now won't connect to windows, only to Mac - whereas before it worked with both... so now I have to make a plan to reformat it... except it's too full to fit everything on my machine...
    Jah bless

Super casual player
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it worked out for ya :) , the reason why this was moved to mac support was probably because you use a bootcamp setup ;)
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • kristokn
    kristokn
    Why not use the native Mac version? Works great on my 2012 iMac
    Khristoph - DC Sorcerer
    Khristian - DC Templar Healer
    Meerahl - DC Nightblade
    Sargøn - DC Warden
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    kristokn wrote: »
    Why not use the native Mac version? Works great on my 2012 iMac

Razer's software for it's cloud based driver is no longer compatible with Mac OS as of Sierra...

So if I use the Mac side, I lose 22 keys and a thumbpad... and if I dare to even plug in my Razer orbweaver, I risk my system going into a 'loading' spinner or flashing to a different window in mid game...

I hate Razer's software... but they have no competitors... so they get away with using a cloud based driver...
    Edited by kichwas on September 1, 2017 10:53PM
    Jah bless

Super casual player
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still wondering why my posts on this got moved to Mac Tech Support.

Since when do Mac engineers know about Windows 10? Which is what I am on...

Bootcamp is just a fancy way of saying 'this is a Windows machine'. It's not an emulator - it is a native boot.

It makes as much sense for this to be referred to Mac engineers as it would to refer an issue on a Samsung laptop to Samsung only engineers, but one on a Dell to Dell only engineers...

It actually makes even less sense...

This is like the opposite of referring an issue with 'Linux' over to the Microsoft guys... because somebody installed Linux on a Dell...
    Jah bless

Super casual player