The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 1005 since update

Tsute
Tsute
✭✭✭
I haven't been able to login since the update. I ran a repair and this is the error I got. I use no addons and refuse to disable my firewall when this game worked fine before the update. All required permissions are in place to play this game and nothing has been altered by myself personally. Fix it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Error 1005 usually occurs if the launcher does not have the required permissions to access certain folders. The first thing you'll want to try is running the launcher as an administrator.

Here is how to automatically run the launcher as administrator:
    1. Right-click on the launcher icon.
    2. Click on Properties.
    3. In the Shortcut tab, click on the Advanced button.
    4. Tick the Run as an administrator box, and then click on OK. This option may be available under the Compatibility tab of some versions of Windows.

To do this, on your desktop, right click the launcher and choose "Run as Administrator."

You should also check your anti-virus and firewall exceptions as well. The following locations need exceptions.

Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post