Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chaosball feedback.

nCats
nCats
✭✭✭
I do find the idea of this mode interesting and sometimes it is indeed fun to participate in the great n'importe quoi happening around the ball.

But when a team has two healers or more, then the mode becomes broken and unplayable for everyone else. Some people even find a corner in the new (and very well done) Arcane Uni map and stack heals. As a result the two remaining teams do deathmatch between each other.

I think for this mode in particular, the matchmaker should attempt to balance number of "healing classes" per team: even though there is no guarantee that a given Templar will be a good healer, that is at least something.

Another idea: increase the damage emanating from the ball exponentially, so that it kills with certainty (I'm not sure if it's the case) after a few moments, and then respawn the ball in a new random place.

In any case, something has to be done in order to improve the situation.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played Chaosball two times yesterday and despite me really enjoying it, there was a trend of non-tanky setups just not being able to make any points.

End result of both matches within each team looked somewhat like this (both matches were very similar in that regard, due to the game mode mechanics):
    1st guy: 3200
    2nd guy: 950
    3rd guy: 250
    4th guy:50

Some of the lower point scorers were great players, just in squishier setups, who tried to grab the ball, too. But had no chance of ever keeping it more than a few seconds due to debuff & opponent pressure being just too much to handle.

It might be a bit early to judge, at the moment I tend to think it's the most imbalanced game mode in terms of score spread & incentives. Kills on ball-carriers should probably rewarded more to give squishy builds a reason to play the mode at all.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 15, 2017 5:50AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The ball should deal way more damage because currently, a single person can hold onto it for way too long. And even if they do drop it, they can choose to die away from fighting so a teammate can easily pick it back up. There needs to be some kind of incentive for the ball carrier to move around and participate in fights. Maybe the ball should snare or maybe dealing damage while holding the ball reduces the oblivion damage taken for a couple of seconds.
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We had to remove a few posts from this thread because they were off topic. In the future make sure posts are related to the topic being discussed.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    Chaosball is totally un -Pug-able so once there's some sorta matchmaking implemented make sure only pre-mades get it. Also the new map is great! but sucks for Capture the Relic so I'd nix that combo.

--Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice that for carriers in ctf and cb sprint was disabled. In both modes carrier can just drink speed pots and either run and deposit relic with zero chance for enemy team to fight it back or pick ball and sprinting around map with horse speed till debuff will end them, i.e. evading fight.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »
    Hey there,
    We had to remove a few posts from this thread because they were off topic. In the future make sure posts are related to the topic being discussed.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Wow and i though a dev really took his time to look in these kinds of forums.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I find it ok if you could choose your game mode. The problem is that we run into 4 tanks and once they get the flag its GAME OVER. Because thwy had a build speced for this game mode and nothing else its just lame you make such diverse game modes and stick them into one playlist.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this mode a lot. The ball will kill you for sure after about 90 seconds. A teammate held it for about that long and all the BoL in the world + resto ult couldn't save him, and he was not being attacked. It's a great mode for healers and tanks, as opposed to deathmatches where it seems like the goal is to just spam executes, and CTF which is about sprinting while other people fight. Domination is complete garbage.
    Edited by gabriebe on August 28, 2017 7:11AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Chaosball is totally un -Pug-able so once there's some sorta matchmaking implemented make sure only pre-mades get it. Also the new map is great! but sucks for Capture the Relic so I'd nix that combo.

You bet.

I'm on console and solo qued for chaosball last night for the first time. Team was all glass cannon dd builds and we did very poorly.

Later on qued with a friend him on a tank and me on temp healer. We destroyed pug groups but we could tell who had premades. Lots of tanks is all I can say.

It was fun though, I think this particular mode could become very competitive.
    I really wish there was a way to create private games. Imagine 2v2v2 with some close guildies. Or even 1v1 deathmatch, could become the new dueling. Challenge to battleground match.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You hold it long enough and it'll kill you unless you have an off healer.

And squishy people have a place, the key is learning how to kite using the map. Being a solo/small scale player this comes naturally to me.