The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suffering occasional black screen when loading, error 200, 201, 202 etc - which operating system?

Amiliana
Amiliana
✭✭✭
Please only answer if you are suffering from either of these things, repeatedly.

Majority of the time when I am loading the game and only get a black screen, it turns out I have a new driver for my GFX. In 95% of the times I can play again as soon as I have installed the new driver.

But not every time. Sometimes it can take a huge amount of time to load up, and later when it have finally loaded... it turns out that the game have been reset.

Also occasionally I suffer disconnections and things that are not related at all to my actual Internet speed or computer speed and it have no relation at all to my FPS or ping.

I have started to suspect it might have to do with the operating systems...

So please, those who suffer from these types of problems, which operating system are you using?
Edited by Amiliana on August 14, 2017 10:23PM
“We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill

Suffering occasional black screen when loading, error 200, 201, 202 etc - which operating system? 8 votes

Windows 7
37%
DuckAmilianaFischblut 3 votes
Windows 8
0%
Windows 10
50%
prootchFLuFFyxMuFFiNOrjixIrfind 4 votes
Other (Comment)
12%
SirMewser 1 vote
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Windows 10
    I don't have any black screen while loading but I am getting an infinite load screen as soon as I log in. I can't even get to character select
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 7
    Yes, I also have those occasionally..

I solve it usually by using ipconfig /flushdns or rebooting my router, but it's coming back quite frequently..

The most annoying part is that I have 30 GBit broadband and it is ONLY TESO that is suffering any of these problems.. No other video game, not streaming.. etc.
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the option for OS X and Linux?

1yrZou1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 7
    I honestly assumed that majority experiencing the problems would be using windows, but I added "other" for the few of you suffering the problems on Mac OS X and Linux (or other) :)

No offense <3
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amiliana wrote: »
    I honestly assumed that majority experiencing the problems would be using windows, but I added "other" for the few of you suffering the problems on Mac OS X and Linux (or other) :)

No offense <3

I'm on PS4 so I'm not offended. Lol

Had to mention it though just for the sake of inclusiveness. I do dual boot Windows 10 and Linux so if I ever did get the PC Edition then I'd definitely give it a shot on both operating systems.

Just a quick one. Is ESO officially supported on Linux or does it have to be done through Wine?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone suffering the aforementioned errors and problems mentioned in the first comment, there is specific troubleshooting for each that can often help resolve these issues. Listed below are help articles addressing each problem.

If you still run into the problem after going through the troubleshooting for your issue, you will want to contact support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 7
    Amiliana wrote: »

No offense <3

I'm on PS4 so I'm not offended. Lol

Had to mention it though just for the sake of inclusiveness. I do dual boot Windows 10 and Linux so if I ever did get the PC Edition then I'd definitely give it a shot on both operating systems.

Just a quick one. Is ESO officially supported on Linux or does it have to be done through Wine?

"FYI to people trying to use this. In March of 2016 Elder scrolls now ONLY supports DX11. I managed to get the game working but with all of the graphical artifacts it was literally unplayable. You could see your character but everything else was either not visible or a clone of the nearest texture.. I'm afraid with the DX11 drawback this game will continue to be unplayable until DX12 becomes mainstream which is going to be alot more compatible with Vulkan. IIRC I read somewhere that the wine project was more focused on DX12 and Vulkan because of the closeness in compatibility making it more likely for Day 1 implements of AAA titles even if WINE is to be used."

Thats still the status afaik..
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 7
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For anyone suffering the aforementioned errors and problems mentioned in the first comment, there is specific troubleshooting for each that can often help resolve these issues. Listed below are help articles addressing each problem.

If you still run into the problem after going through the troubleshooting for your issue, you will want to contact support for further assistance.

I have already been in contact with the support regarding this, because it happens time and time again, but they have not been able to help me, at all.