The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Plus paid for, but it was taken away...Xbox NA

Blueforge
Blueforge
✭✭
This is the second time this has happened in the last two months. I am not going through the whole process again of phone calls.

Support ticket: 170808-003801

You and Microsoft figure it out. Not my job to fix an error between Microsoft and ZOS.

Xbox One NA Server
Blueforge25
Rikin Landonith - CP 660 - Stamina NB - DPS Wood Elf
Lucius Granbrim - CP 660 - Magic Templar - Healer Imperial
Green Toe McGee CP 660 - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank Orc
Rai Landonith - CP 660 Stamina Warden - DPS Wood Elf

Xbox One Gamertag - Blueforge25
Guild - Old Men Guildmaster
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me too. Also the 2nd time it happened in 2 months. Been an eso plus member for around 1.5 years now and never had issues until recently. My subscription is suppose to renew tomorrow too.. lol
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update*

I restarted Xbox and it came back. Have you tried the same?
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this doesn't happen again. I already got ripped off 15 bucks and 1500 crowns last month because I had to pay sub a second time to get it to activate. Microsoft would not refund my money either. I might suggest just canceling the sub and wait till it runs out to resub again.
  • Blueforge
    Blueforge
    ✭✭
    Restarting doesn't fix a thing for my account. It is a problem wth the way Microsoft and ZOS programs communicate with each other. ZOS, you need to fix it, stop telling the consumer to do the phone calling for you, and you created this mess, you fix it.

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We are aware that some of our players on Xbox One have recently lost their ESO Plus access. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating the issue and will keep you updated.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Hardhearted
    Hi everyone,

We are aware that some of our players on Xbox One have recently lost their ESO Plus access. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating the issue and will keep you updated.

Will we be reimbursed somehow for the lost days (now on 4th day of lost ESO Plus)? When can we expect a fix?
  • Blueforge
    Blueforge
    ✭✭
    I agree, this is the second time it has happened for me and others. Will there be some kind of olive branch for the lost days?

• sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me last month... and MS reimbursed me when I was double charged when I bout ESO Plus again... seems to happen the day of or day before renewal...
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

This has been frustrating...can we get an update if this will be fixed soon?
    Livin' the dream...
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tell me if this has been fixed? I'm still at work...
    Livin' the dream...
  • Guysheeda_1
    Guysheeda_1
    ✭✭
    Nope. No update. And I would not expect one anytime soon either. Typical ZOS.
    I am sure we'll just be told to contact Microsoft ourselves.
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Could this have to do with why I didn't get my crowns? I just decided to come back after having to take a break because of my frustration with bugs and zeni business practices. Last night bought collector edition of Morrowind and resubbed, still no crowns.

Made a ticket 170810-003367.

It makes me sad that this is still an issue, especially after handing you guys more money. I'm heists at to even buy extra crowns because of this. Not that experience I was looking for when I decided to come back.
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, it's kinda pathetic that this is STILL an issue. It was an issue at launch. Several months in, it started happening where people (myself included) would lose access for a few days. More a pain was not getting my Crowns. Had to submit a ticket each time and respond to their email at least twice to get them to escalate it and actually do something. I even tried to prevent some of the back and forth by submitted everything I knew they needed with my initial submission, but I still got the auto-response, to which I had to reply and attach everything I already sent them.

I un-subbed for about a year not long after that. I re-subbed at Homestead launch and have been fortunate not to have lost access and to have received my monthly Crowns. But it sucks that they've never really fixed the issue. It also doesn't affect everyone, so I imagine that makes it harder for them to pinpoint and why they would rather have players just deal with MS. However, that's not a solution and really drives people away from Plus, when they want them to stay - don't they?
  • Paleoman
    Paleoman
    My ESO plus membership just returned to active.
  • Pirateassassin3
    Microsoft sucks . They try to charge me 3 weeks in advance for my eso plus, so i got a seperate cash card and only put the money on it 2 days b4 it renews. Microshit also charged me twice for a crown purchase, and i still havent received what i payed for . Zos needs to develop a way for us to bypass the xbox/microshit system and let us deal with them only !!!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft sucks . They try to charge me 3 weeks in advance for my eso plus, so i got a seperate cash card and only put the money on it 2 days b4 it renews. Microshit also charged me twice for a crown purchase, and i still havent received what i payed for . Zos needs to develop a way for us to bypass the xbox/microshit system and let us deal with them only !!!

They did. Go to pc
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing they still can't get this problem fixed between zeni and microsoft. Whats it been now. Three years? I lost money because of this problem and could not get a refund because of each blamimg the other. Why do I never have this problem with ANY OTHER GAME on xbox that is also on pc. Warframe for example....... I mean how difficult is it for both companies to come together and get to the root of the problem? It's like dems and repubs trying to work together.....hopeless.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing they still can't get this problem fixed between zeni and microsoft. Whats it been now. Three years? I lost money because of this problem and could not get a refund because of each blamimg the other. Why do I never have this problem with ANY OTHER GAME on xbox that is also on pc. Warframe for example....... I mean how difficult is it for both companies to come together and get to the root of the problem? It's like dems and repubs trying to work together.....hopeless.

Why do you assume they're working together?
    As you've said it's only this game....
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    My Xbox Live Gold account seems to renew properly every year but we shall see if my ESO+ renews when it's time.

I started my ESO+ subscription on 6/1/17, the day before it was to renew (6/30/17) it said it was inactive when looking in ESO. The day it was to renew (7/1/17) it was active again until later that night.

On Sunday (7/2/17) I went to the Xbox store in the console and renewed manually which reactivated the sub. A few moments later I noticed that the buy button changed to extend so I extended for 2 more months. I was never charged for the automatic renewal.

On my Xbox the sub shows as good to 10/2/17 but the MS account page says I'll be charged again on 11/1/17. Since Xbox and MS show different renewal dates I don't find it surprising that there would be issues with auto renewal.

Also when contacting Xbox support about charges and then getting redirected to MS support it seems like the two divisions don't work seamlessly. Like how easy it was to pre-order Destiny 2 from the console but cancelling that pre-order took me to MS customer supper and then MS billing; it was finally cancelled after about 30 minutes of phone time, not including being on-hold.

So, from my experience the problem is the Xbox store and MS billing not working together. ZOS has little control if MS doesn't show the subscription as active.
    Edited by Ardaghion on August 25, 2017 7:36PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    My Xbox Live Gold account seems to renew properly every year but we shall see if my ESO+ renews when it's time.

I started my ESO+ subscription on 6/1/17, the day before it was to renew (6/30/17) it said it was inactive when looking in ESO. The day it was to renew (7/1/17) it was active again until later that night.

On Sunday (7/2/17) I went to the Xbox store in the console and renewed manually which reactivated the sub. A few moments later I noticed that the buy button changed to extend so I extended for 2 more months. I was never charged for the automatic renewal.

On my Xbox the sub shows as good to 10/2/17 but the MS account page says I'll be charged again on 11/1/17. Since Xbox and MS show different renewal dates I don't find it surprising that there would be issues with auto renewal.

Also when contacting Xbox support about charges and then getting redirected to MS support it seems like the two divisions don't work seamlessly. Like how easy it was to pre-order Destiny 2 from the console but cancelling that pre-order took me to MS customer supper and then MS billing; it was finally cancelled after about 30 minutes of phone time, not including being on-hold.

So, from my experience the problem is the Xbox store and MS billing not working together. ZOS has little control if MS doesn't show the subscription as active.

The two don't mix

-The subscription status is seen under your subscriptions on both the console subscriptions or the Xbox.com site under subscriptions.

-Your renewal is first emailed via Xbox and then charged if you have a valid card on file. After it renews the service automatically extends itself.

-By you going in and choosing to manually extend your subscription, in the future you will be charged all of those extensions at once, not per month. Now that you've also manually cancelled it, that shouldn't happen.

-ZOS traditionally has a lot of issues with Xbox so your renewal not occurring could also be a result of the Xbox live issues which then would push out the renewal date u til a stable state of Xbox live.

-At the end of those extended subscriptions ZOS will grant you the crowns per their FAQ on the help site.

-Your eso Plus benefits ...once ZOS activates them which is often instantly after restarting the game or quitting the game app and relaunching in some cases .....run from subscription period and end u til renewing.

-Xbox will not auto renew a subscription if any other outstanding billing balances exist for all of Xbox live.

-as to why your subscription didn't auto renew....that depends on if it was set to renew on Xbox.com and consider the payment method also plays part
    It also depends on your financial institution and Xbox billing settings.

Hope that helps as I'm commenting from experiences and from the FAQs for ZOS as well as the current Support info from Xbox.com.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 27, 2017 1:55AM
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »

The two don't mix

-The subscription status is seen under your subscriptions on both the console subscriptions or the Xbox.com site under subscriptions.

-Your renewal is first emailed via Xbox and then charged if you have a valid card on file. After it renews the service automatically extends itself.

-By you going in and choosing to manually extend your subscription, in the future you will be charged all of those extensions at once, not per month. Now that you've also manually cancelled it, that shouldn't happen.

-ZOS traditionally has a lot of issues with Xbox so your renewal not occurring could also be a result of the Xbox live issues which then would push out the renewal date u til a stable state of Xbox live.

-At the end of those extended subscriptions ZOS will grant you the crowns per their FAQ on the help site.

-Your eso Plus benefits ...once ZOS activates them which is often instantly after restarting the game or quitting the game app and relaunching in some cases .....run from subscription period and end u til renewing.

-Xbox will not auto renew a subscription if any other outstanding billing balances exist for all of Xbox live.

-as to why your subscription didn't auto renew....that depends on if it was set to renew on Xbox.com and consider the payment method also plays part
    It also depends on your financial institution and Xbox billing settings.

Hope that helps as I'm commenting from experiences and from the FAQs for ZOS as well as the current Support info from Xbox.com.

Yes, the subscription status can be seen in both the console and on Xbox.com. Both had different renewal dates. I checked this weekend and they now match.

My renewal notice was sent about 2 weeks prior to the expected renewal date. On the renewal date I was not, and never have, been charged for the original renewal. There was no Xbox Live notice that there were problems, no email from MS about not renewing and no notice from my CC company that an attempt to charge or a decline occurred. There was also no pending transaction on my CC that later expired.

As for extending my subscription, each month is treated as a pre-paid charge. Seems you can only extend on the initial purchase. There were 3 individual charges, one for each month, on my CC. I won't be charged for 3 months in advance again under the monthly renewal. I also never manually cancelled any subscriptions to ESO+. The initial subscription was never renewed and I was never charged again for that subscription.

I also get my crowns every month, not in a lump as if I bought 3 months of ESO+ as you can on the PC.

I don't know why MS didn't renew my ESO+, the subscription said it would renew, there were no outstanding charges to Xbox or MS and my CC was not declined for the charges. And although I didn't mention it originally, my wife's ESO+ was to renew on the same day and experienced the same issues, her ESO+ is charged to a different CC.

So, while I have no idea why MS never renewed the initial ESO+ or didn't charge me for it, it looks more like MS ended the initial subscriptions for me and my wife. I'm hopeful that the subscriptions will renew when they say they will but I'll have to wait to find out. I might contact MS to see if everything is in order before the next renewal date.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

September 6 checking in. Just happened to me for the second time. None of the usual restart or reboot "fixes" accomplish a thing. Console says subscription is active, the game says "Derp, LOL, wut?"

If I have to cancel and re-subscribe again, it'll just stay canceled.
    Edited by Appleblade on September 7, 2017 2:18AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appleblade wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

September 6 checking in. Just happened to me for the second time. None of the usual restart or reboot "fixes" accomplish a thing. Console says subscription is active, the game says "Derp, LOL, wut?"

If I have to cancel and re-subscribe again, it'll just stay canceled.

@Appleblade
    I've been off a while and started back today and it told me that I didn't own the title (digital) which is odd because Elite Dangerous, Madden 17, Ghost Recon Wildlands all worked just fine.

After a few start and stops it let me on and then immediately froze a bit and then said make sure I have a valid connection to the internet???

Played elite dangerous a bit online with no issues.
    Went back to ESO and it was fine so my guess is it's this game and not an Xbox live issue

Guess I'll take another 30 days or so off as my research is full again