Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase: August 2017"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
e2529708e9a636e7ca64bb9d24998843.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Crown Store Showcase: August 2017 blog article. A new cultural look makes its way into the Crown Store. Explore Nord costumes, mounts, and more are coming to the Crown Store in August. See them all in our latest Showcase!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YUS! The real banker dress! ..I think. CLOSE ENOUGH!

Nice! I'm happy to see a new pet and mount coming in that are not limited edition!

Just so no one misses it....
    In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on August 14 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Costumes

Elder Council Tunic & Sash
    Desert Garden Gala Overdress
    Glenmoril Witch Robes
    Majestic Dune Rider Ensemble

Crafting
    Ancient Elf Motif
    Primal Motif
    Barbaric Motif
    Daedric Motif
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the wolf pet and mount be part of the collector's edition Horns of the Reach Pack? They seem like it.

Also, motifs being removed from the crown store... I guess they're barely selling those four, so it makes sense. Wonder if Dwemer, Xivkyn, Glass and Mercenary are going to be on their way out soon.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact you are NOT showcasing the Linchal Grand Manor, does that mean you actually decided to listen to your playerbase and community and actually make it available for purchase for Gold aswell? In Connection with the Bane of the Gold Coast-Achievement or for owners of the Imperial Edition like the other Imperial Houses?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact you are NOT showcasing the Linchal Grand Manor, does that mean you actually decided to listen to your playerbase and community and actually make it available for purchase for Gold aswell? In Connection with the Bane of the Gold Coast-Achievement or for owners of the Imperial Edition like the other Imperial Houses?

Or it's not this month...
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thane costume will look perfect on my mag warden!!! (With helmet hidden) Can't wait!!!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the desert gala dress dye properly, or be muted out like other recent costumes?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo... You wanna tell me that Dwarven Spider from Collectors Edition is now available to everyone in Crown Store?

Very COLLECTORS PET looks like...
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the Imperial War Horse did i miss it or we won't have it ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »
    Sooo... You wanna tell me that Dwarven Spider from Collectors Edition is now available to everyone in Crown Store?

It's a mount that matches the pet.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costumes always seem RP Focused, konda dressed up to go 'out out'..id much prefer more battle hardened hench looking stuff.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm that was dissapointing
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »

It's a mount that matches the pet.

My bad, but still release a 'more fancy' mount few weeks after last one that was "LIMITED" is still very Mehh... 3min in Photoshop to add Emissive texture.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that ebony skin, and the karthwolf mount!

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    xD on this part:
    Though it also looks superb in a Great House drawing room, the outer layers of the Voldsea Arvel's Ashland Attire ensemble are of tightly-woven kresh fiber that just sheds ash and soot, so you can look like a lord even in an ash storm!

With he correction marked but not edited in.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh reskins again
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing worth getting except for the skin and the costumes on the off chance I find a use for them.

A bit sad you added glowy bits to the dwarven spider mount and resold it though...
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah... well there goes another pay cheque ...

Dat Azura set. :love:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »

A bit sad you added glowy bits to the dwarven spider mount and resold it though...

I knew they'd add the glowy effects and resell eventually, so I didn't buy the initial spider mount. Going to pick up this one and perhaps the red striped wolf too. Both look great!
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or it's not this month...

But but Gina said it's available at launch... is this another misleading communication post?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the banker dress going to have issues with dyes like the previous ones?
    And yay more unoriginal re skins!!
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm, can't wait! Loving the costumes, wolf mount, wolf pet and skin.
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The costumes always seem RP Focused, konda dressed up to go 'out out'..id much prefer more battle hardened hench looking stuff.

I've always wanted more battle-oriented costumes too. The Warden costume is still my favorite costume they've released.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't justify buying the wolf mount (it's beautiful, though) when I already have the Ice Wolf mount. But I want the pet wolf! I might wait for a bit to see if an adult Ice Wolf pet is released without the red paint on them, though. Love Moon Moon the Ice Wolf Pup who photobomb my screenshots, but an adult pet wolf would be fantastic. Really happy you used the Dire Wolf model, as it is much better polished than the old wolf models (they could really use an update, you know!).

I'm definitely getting the dress, even if it doesn't dye nicely, because I really like the default color scheme. Though I do hope it dyes nicely, of course.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so bored with all of the clothing that you've added -- like, at least all this year.

This month's outfits are So Very Meh. Especially the men's stuff. Gad, would you please have your designers look at a catalog of vintage men's fashion? PLEASE????? This padded upside-down V look that you seem to be so fond of leaves me cold -- and NONE of my men will wear a skirt, sorry.

This months pets are no better, except the wolf. I already have a Dwarven spider mount, why would I want one in a different COLOR?

*sigh*

I was so looking forward to this months offerings, and it's all bland, BLAH, same-old, same-old.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Will the wolf pet and mount be part of the collector's edition Horns of the Reach Pack? They seem like it.

Also, motifs being removed from the crown store... I guess they're barely selling those four, so it makes sense. Wonder if Dwemer, Xivkyn, Glass and Mercenary are going to be on their way out soon.

I agree with you, those two items really look fitting for the collector's edition, I would like to see it happen. They are also released on the same day as the DLC so it's likely.

Those motifs are really cheap nowadays, like around 400-500 gold each, so I highly doubt anybody buys them from the Crown Store. When they were rare and expensive that may have been a viable option but not now. The motifs you mentioned are really going that way, becoming cheaper and cheaper. I can see Xyvkin and Glass staying in the Crown Store for a while, but Dwemer and especially Mercenary, not so much.

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass..........or maybe the skin?
    Edited by Banana on August 2, 2017 11:38AM
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very disappointed with August. There's nothing sexy. Nothing worth buying.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update 15 launch 14 august. Ebon skin at same day but it have zero lore-relation, while Bloodforged skin related to one of new dungeons.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we swap dates of their releases? So at same day of update launch we will get dlc-related Blood skin for limited time to celebrate it, and launch Ebon at date when you planned to launch originally Blood skin.
    rcfqkxhzv77h.png
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the desert gala dress dye properly, or be muted out like other recent costumes?

Its already in store and yes, it dyes well and the texture is very detailed. :) Its not new, though, it used to be on pts since TG test or even earlier.
    Heres a few examples of dyes:
    SrVcuXq.jpg
    VhjkBlq.jpg
    OxdgOk1.jpg
    gkPnQTE.jpg
    zQjcRPx.jpg
    The white headdress and those blue gems arent dyeable, though.
    The only downside is that it makes your chars shoulders broader, it looks like 80's shoulderpads.
    uzWTwEm.jpg
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter if the Desert Gala Dress can be properly dyed or not. It's not sexy, nor feminine! It hides way too much of her body. We need more dresses like Balmora!
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"collectors edition horns of the reach"?

please dont spread these rumors. .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons