The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Log-in Broken?

SilentRaven1972
SilentRaven1972
✭✭✭✭
I've tried twice. I log in, get to character select, start to load, then get booted (no error number) and told to try again. I was just in about an hour ago and all was fine. I waited a few minutes between attempts. Did something get broken?

PC/NA Eastern US.
"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here... Following this thread in the hopes that something gets done or said by @ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any word on what's up?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Delila
    Delila
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having this issue for over an hour.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I can guess is something broke while they are doing console updates. Since the recent server issues have hit all NA platforms, I guess everything is within the same bank of servers? Beats me, I just want to play :)
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [redacted] it... I'll check in later...
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried twice. I log in, get to character select, start to load, then get booted (no error number) and told to try again. I was just in about an hour ago and all was fine. I waited a few minutes between attempts. Did something get broken?

PC/NA Eastern US.

Count yourself lucky. I can't even get past the play button.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a full restart on my PC and got in. maybe just a minor glitch?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Was just coming in here to suggest the same thing. Try completely rebooting your PC and see if that solves the issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭

Was just coming in here to suggest the same thing. Try completely rebooting your PC and see if that solves the issue.

No. Now i can log, but game kick me after few secounds online (after many many try).
    Edited by Juli'St on July 26, 2017 2:59PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    (have any tool to verify files?)
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    After some try, im in. Server back work to me. What happens?
    Edited by Juli'St on July 26, 2017 3:04PM
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »
    After some try, im in. Server back work to me. What happens?

Most likely just a strange temporary glitch in the system. Sometimes odd stuff happens, and a reason can never be found...It's there, then it's gone.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the same error. I've restarted my PC, router, and modem. I'm repairing the game (after needing to repair 3x after yesterday's update literally broke everything) but I'm seriously becoming annoyed with how unstable and broken the servers and this game is becoming.
    Edited by Taysa on July 26, 2017 3:45PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Gamplyr613
    Gamplyr613
    ✭✭
    Also having this problem. tried to log to my 2 chars in hews bane - kicked after getting hews bane screen for a while. was able to get to char in vvardenfell then put her in kastav logged to char in reapers march went back to char in kastav got the same error. still cant get to the ones in hews bane either. PC NA
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repairing also did not help.

Get it together, ZoS.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • VileDeeds77
    VileDeeds77
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having this problem, I can log into the character select, and can start logging a character but after a few minutes in a load screen I get kicked back to the log in screen with a general error that tells me a problem occurred and to try again in a few minutes. If I immediately try again it tells me that my account is already logged in. I have tried every one of my eight characters and they all end up the same, kicked back to the log in screen.

I have restarted my computer as suggested and there was no difference at all. This is not a good start to my vacation!!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    If rebooting didn't help, please submit a ticket with Support so they can begin troubleshooting with you. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VileDeeds77
    VileDeeds77
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to get in on one character, so after a few minutes I tried the character I want to play and never even made it to a load screen. Stuck in an infinite loop of logging in lol
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same thing happens to me also. Can't login, when I do login and get to my character in game I get booted to login screen. If I do happen to stay on my character, I can't select any PvP campaigns. It's not our PCs or ISPs, it's ESO that's broken and it broke with the PvP event.

Note: I did finally get on after several attempts, we'll see how it goes.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • VileDeeds77
    VileDeeds77
    ✭✭✭
    I logged a ticket with support, hopefully this can be resolved quickly. I started vacation today and I WANT TO PLAY ESO!!!!! =-)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a automated-reply-level suggestion, but I had a friend who was having trouble logging into a few of her characters just a week or so back. I suggested that she disable her addons, and it turns out Master Merchant was causing some kind of issue that, once she deleted it, cleared up her problems entirely.

So try disabling all your addons if you have any...?
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 26, 2017 4:39PM
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    I also couldn't log in. I'd get to character screen, it would start to load and then I'd be kicked back to log in with a message saying an error occurred. Rebooting my machine worked (for now).
  • natefiaccob14_ESO
    natefiaccob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I tried rebooting my PC and I still have the issue. Cant login or when I do I cant use mechanics like guild chat, shrines, and portals. Repair did not work either.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got kicked, can't get back in. char screen...play...NO.
  • Randigo
    Randigo
    How do I submit a ticket with Support? I'm having this issue since this morning. Please help.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's been doing the same thing to me, but only on my main so far. The other alts stay logged in just fine.

For what it's worth, he's currently located in Wrothgar, and was previously in Vivec before logging out, and dropped from Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on July 26, 2017 8:12PM
  • VagabondLife
    VagabondLife
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Game was working fine this morning, but for the past two hours I've been mostly unable to log in. Have made at least 20 attempts - some timeout before the character screen, most timeout while my characters are loading.

Once or twice I was actually able to get in and run around for a minute before I got DC'd. However I wasn't able to use wayshrines, talk in chat, my mailbox appeared empty (it's not) and hitting the button for the Game Settings menu did nothing at all.

I have rebooted my computer 4 times, and checked my internet connection - no problems that I can find on my end. Tried to run the Repair tool but the launcher can't find anything wrong to repair.

Already discouraged by the moderator responses I'm seeing on this thread. Thinking this is gonna be yet another major issue that nobody at ZOS bothers to take seriously. :-(
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem as OP, NA server only, am able to play thru same areas(dolman circle in Auridorn) on EU server.

Get an" error has occurred", just after dropped from the log-in wait screen{i.e. the pretty pink flowered trees for Auridon} on NA but not EU...... weird.
  • Pixlez_PC
    Pixlez_PC
    Soul Shriven
    Friend is having same issue, logs on then kicks back to logon screen. The only thing different he did was install the add on Master Merchant last night. Someone else mentioned that so by chance has anyone here having this issue recently installed that addon?
  • Randigo
    Randigo
    I finally rebooted my computer, and it seems to have helped a lot. I still got kicked out at least once, but overall, it seems to be better. I realize others don't seem to be having the same result, though.
  • LLeeM
    LLeeM
    I have rebooted my computer, my internet connection is great, and run the repair..... all to no avail... I cannot get logged in