The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed

Sinolai
Sinolai
✭✭✭✭✭
When I try to launch the game I get this error and it asks me to repair the files.
When I press repair I get this error and it asks me to repair files and so the cycle continues...

Anyone knows how to fix this? Atleast 1 of my friends is also having this problem. Usually restarting computer has helped but it doesn't work this time.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reset your router. That fixed it for me.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than for patching, try running the game from the .exe file in the game folder rather than from the launcher.
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not click repair. Just restart the launcher.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    Do not click repair. Just restart the launcher.

I have done this about 20 times...
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try launching as administrator
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your in for a reinstall. Brace yourself for a lenghty download
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Other than for patching, try running the game from the .exe file in the game folder rather than from the launcher.

This helped but now the game doesnt recognize my Morrowind chapter and I cant acces Vvardenfell :tongue: Well, I'll play like this for now. Can you help me @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Edited by Sinolai on July 25, 2017 9:44AM
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

This helped but now the game doesnt recognize my Morrowind chapter and I cant acces Vvardenfell :tongue: Well, I'll play like this for now. Can you help me @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

I have the same issue, but when I try to start eso.exe, I get insta-crash in 3 seconds, long before sign-in page. Am I starting the right file? It's located in program files Zenimax Onlin/ The Elders Scrolls Onlint/game/client/eso.exe, does it sound right @Tandor/@Sinolai? Help appreciated :)
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue, but when I try to start eso.exe, I get insta-crash in 3 seconds, long before sign-in page. Am I starting the right file? It's located in program files Zenimax Onlin/ The Elders Scrolls Onlint/game/client/eso.exe, does it sound right @Tandor/@Sinolai? Help appreciated :)

I Launched The Elder Scrolls Online/Game/Client/ ESO64. File type program. It launches the game immediately to the log in screen.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭

I Launched The Elder Scrolls Online/Game/Client/ ESO64. File type program. It launches the game immediately to the log in screen.

Ok, For me the game launches, but crashes in a few seconds, tryed both eso.exe and eso64.exe. But than you, I was in the right place :)

• Samooja
    Samooja
    Hi

Got same issue. Managed to get this running on other machine by directly starting that game exe, but for the other machine that didn't work, neither new install file and support's advice, resetting modem, or with & without vpn. Grrrrr.
  • Samooja
    Samooja
    And at morning this worked fine. Problems appeared at evening.
  • Ignor
    Ignor
    ✭✭
    Same Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed here. On two different pc's.

Game launched and I played till I logged out. After closing I get the Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed pop up. Tried all possible solutions Zenimax provided but none worked. I even uninstalled the game, renamed the remaining Zenimax Online directory to OLD, restarted PC, installed ESO again and same error again (but this time I could not play at all).

Then I start game on second pc (laptop). Exact same routine, launch/play/logout/quit and there the Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed pops up again.

Any working solutions available yet?
  • Chicken_Wizard
    Chicken_Wizard
    Soul Shriven
    Ignor wrote: »
    Same Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed here. On two different pc's.

Game launched and I played till I logged out. After closing I get the Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed pop up. Tried all possible solutions Zenimax provided but none worked. I even uninstalled the game, renamed the remaining Zenimax Online directory to OLD, restarted PC, installed ESO again and same error again (but this time I could not play at all).

Then I start game on second pc (laptop). Exact same routine, launch/play/logout/quit and there the Error206 PatchManifestError_UnizpFailed pops up again.

Any working solutions available yet?

I could launch the game from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client" using the eso64 (alt eso) application. It took me directly to login without the launcher and I could log in. Try this as a temp solution.
  • StevenFM
    StevenFM
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem. Can't even install the game from scratch.
  • Haxia
    Haxia
    Soul Shriven
    If you are using windows defender make sure you put launcher and both x64 and regular .exe as exceptions. I had this issues while using defender just for smart screen and a 2nd antivirus suite for antivirus after uninstalling 2nd suite and adding exceptions and downloading new launcher I was able to update and run game
  • theriftb14_ESO
    theriftb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had this same issue this evening and I finally figured it out. I am on Spectrum Cable (formerly Charter). Apparently there has been a recent update to their Internet Security software that now thinks the URL to download the Patch Manifest is a harmful site. For those of you using this software you must check the "Online Safety" section of the app, go into settings, and add bethesda.net in the "View Website exceptions" section. The launcher was making it through virus software and firewall just fine. The URL was just being blocked.
  • Junkkis
    Junkkis
    ✭✭
    i got same proplem, nothing in support page work.
  • Ignor
    Ignor
    ✭✭
    small update:

No solution by disabling Anti Virus
    No solution by trying from another ISP
  • StevenFM
    StevenFM
    Soul Shriven
    Not working for me either.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haxia wrote: »
    If you are using windows defender make sure you put launcher and both x64 and regular .exe as exceptions. I had this issues while using defender just for smart screen and a 2nd antivirus suite for antivirus after uninstalling 2nd suite and adding exceptions and downloading new launcher I was able to update and run game

Thank you. My game works normally again. My anti-virus had blocked the site where patches are downloaded.
  • Korba
    Korba
    Soul Shriven
    I was having this problem but the launcher is working correctly again and I can run repairs, update, etc. Was it related to the server issues they were having yesterday maybe?
    Edited by Korba on July 26, 2017 4:44PM
  • StevenFM
    StevenFM
    Soul Shriven
    It seems to be working now. Haven't really changed anything.
  • Ignor
    Ignor
    ✭✭
    Works again for me too.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well great...
    Now I have same issue with error code 210 :neutral:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted in the other thread here about Error 206, this seems to be related to changes in some anti-virus programs not having the proper exceptions for the ESO launcher. If anyone is still encountering Error 206, please make sure the following folders are added as exceptions in your anti-virus program.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

For help with adding exclusions to F-Secure, please visit their support site.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post