The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Updates for Midyear Mayhem

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We’d like to give you an update on a couple topics relating to Midyear Mayhem. While this information has been posted across various forum threads, we wanted to consolidate it into one centralized place.

Cyrodiil Campaigns
  • Since yesterday, we have opened two new Cyrodiil campaigns – Xarxes and Kastav – on all platforms and megaservers to help alleviate some of the queueing issues. These are both 7-day Standard campaigns.
  • During next week’s maintenances (Monday for PC, and Wednesday for console) we’ll be granting free home and guest campaign assignments.
  • We’ll continue to monitor campaign populations through the weekend and make adjustments if necessary.

Pelinavant the Scourge Achievement
  • Currently, this achievement cannot be completed which is preventing you from completing the Star-Made Knight achievement and obtaining the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath. This cannot be hotfixed without incurring downtime, but will be fixed during next week’s maintenances (Monday for PC, and Wednesday for console).
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    can we get 7 day no-CP campaign?

also, fix BG game modes, it's always only CTF and no single TDM or Domination.
    Edited by soll on July 21, 2017 4:14PM
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will anything be done to prevent the server disaster that happened last night? Friday night's going to have an even higher population, and every single time the server crashes it breaks grouping.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you not address the miserable performance of the game last night? Cyrodiil in general the last couple years on console? What is being done to reduce crashes, lag, and loading screens?
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 hr queue, finally get in and everyone crashes after an hour. Kicked out of cyrodil.

You guys really need to bring the servers down and push a fix, don't ruin the weekend with this garbage server performance
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Requeued, accepted Queue confirmation and kicked back out of queue.

Oh Zos........
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With increased population server lag/ping has increased to levels that are not enjoyable. Before event I was getting 130-150 ping (which was fine no sluggishness) Now I'm getting 190-220 across the map even in areas with no fighting (which is sluggish with delays). I can only imagine what the Aussies are experiencing... Server load has a direct increase on ping. In this case, It is not a local routing or local infrastructure issue. When server load gets lighter from people logging off to goto sleep my ping goes back to 150. This is sotha sil no cp NA
    Edited by LegacyDM on July 21, 2017 5:00PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gina, just wondering if you guys are gonna be ramping up the hardware maybe during Monday's maintenance? I know the servers are going to be taxed far beyond their normal capacity during this event, but is it possible to have semi-flexible hardware, like renting out more servers for the week? (I swear I know what I'm talking about, I just have no idea what your infrastructure is like and don't want to make any undue assumptions >_<)

Thanks again for this event, I had a lot of fun last night! But I'd have more fun if I could play without crashing. :P
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    With increased population server lag/ping has increased to levels that are not enjoyable. Before event I was getting 130-150 ping (which was fine no sluggishness) Now I'm getting 190-220 across the map even in areas with no fighting (which is sluggish with delays). I can only imagine what the Aussies are experiencing... Server load has a direct increase on ping. In this case, It is not a local routing or local infrastructure issue. When server load gets lighter from people logging off to goto sleep my ping goes back to 150. This is sotha sil no cp NA

Good! I'm totally ok with your cloaking + zerging NB not being able to log in! ;)

But I'd really like to see a spare No CP server too.. right now we have 4 CP servers and still only 1 no CP server...
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_RichLambert

Why, exactly, do you think this will help the poplocked ones, without free or low AP transfers? Most non AvA fighters will be unable to move because they dont have the AP to move.

Also, for your bugged quest, PC players will get 7/10 days.. The poor console guys will only get 5/10. Seriously.. the servers have crashed 2 times in the last 24 hours. Just bring the dang things down and do it now.
    Edited by Darlgon on July 21, 2017 5:33PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how another Cyrodiil instance helps anything. People outside of Cyrodiil got the same crappy performance and disconnects as people in Cyrodiil.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We’d like to give you an update on a couple topics relating to Midyear Mayhem. While this information has been posted across various forum threads, we wanted to consolidate it into one centralized place.

Cyrodiil Campaigns
    • Since yesterday, we have opened two new Cyrodiil campaigns – Xarxes and Kastav – on all platforms and megaservers to help alleviate some of the queueing issues. These are both 7-day Standard campaigns.
    • During next week’s maintenances (Monday for PC, and Wednesday for console) we’ll be granting free home and guest campaign assignments.
    • We’ll continue to monitor campaign populations through the weekend and make adjustments if necessary.

• Currently, this achievement cannot be completed which is preventing you from completing the Star-Made Knight achievement and obtaining the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath. This cannot be hotfixed without incurring downtime, but will be fixed during next week’s maintenances (Monday for PC, and Wednesday for console).

How about some Event Campaigns that anyone can join or just make it free to switch about so anyone and everyone can get some play time in.

Edit: Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno , on the Halloween event I think I got shorted something like 1000 plunder bags because of a snafu like this one. Its quite possible that I'll have earned the Pelinavant thing multiple times and it won't get fixed until a couple of days before the event is over. Is it possible if we have screenshots of our victory-timestamped we can get the reward. This kind of thing is very frustrating and kills the whole point of having an event.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on July 21, 2017 6:22PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're helping queues, not the entire game taking a dump.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be fixing the Vivec glitch where we had emp twice last week and did not have emp buffs? Dc had the buffs even though they did not have emp. I and others have reported this many times and I submitted it on the forums.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    soll wrote: »

more people seem to want cp
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great update, well done for reacting and taking action.

Cheap campaign switch earlier would have been neat tho, its a huge cost for the newer PvPers but its great to see an update like this
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    706 in queue position. Did you guys plan for this at all?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Cyrodiil Campaigns

How about some Event Campaigns that anyone can join or just make it free to switch about so anyone and everyone can get some play time in.

Edit: Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno , on the Halloween event I think I got shorted something like 1000 plunder bags because of a snafu like this one. Its quite possible that I'll have earned the Pelinavant thing multiple times and it won't get fixed until a couple of days before the event is over. Is it possible if we have screenshots of our victory-timestamped we can get the reward. This kind of thing is very frustrating and kills the whole point of having an event.

Edit2: I also have proof via achievements of this fact. Given my experience with the halloween event I'm a little concerned about this.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ...howdy miss gina :)

please, please, please - see what y'all can do about extending the event an extra week...cuz, it's mayhem out there and
    tenor.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on July 21, 2017 7:51PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Will those campaigns stay after the event?
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for updating us on the situation, Gina!

Is it possible to make the new campaigns free to join during the event? I'd love to use them but I set my home & guest campaigns before the new campaigns were opened. I won't be able to join Shor, Xarxes, or the other one until Sunday.
    Edited by victoriana-blue on July 21, 2017 8:26PM
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please, could we get another Non CP campaign for this event??!!?? PLEASE!!!!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    shout to you guys for doing something but the lag and crashes are the real issue here inside and out of pvp... game crashes a lot now. very frustrating. Feels like this event is just "how much AP can i get before i crash again"
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please just bring the servers down now and patch the achievement bug. I mean, how long could patching the bug possibly take?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hand of Whitestrake is now Broken as well. Stuck at 24/25 when I should be way over that...
    <And plenty more>
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please just bring the servers down now and patch the achievement bug. I mean, how long could patching the bug possibly take?

Patching the bug itself, probably not long. Saving the game world, stopping it, shutting down server services if required, applying the patch. Possible restart of an entire cluster needed, waiting for services to start back up, verifying integrity before opening it back up to login, etc, can take a while.

Also, since ZOS can't say it I will: the decision to postpone the patching to Monday probably factored in the amount of crying people will do waiting until Monday versus the amount of inevitable crying that happens every time there is emergency down time (in addition to the moaning that happens even when it's scheduled.)

Edited by Sigtric on July 21, 2017 11:10PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Cyrodiil Campaigns

Are you telling me that I have to win another BG match to get this achieve? I mean, it's not really hard to get the achievement, but I don't think I need to do another BG match just to get this achievement. It's ZoS's fault why I didn't get the achievement in the first place. They should have a record of who has and has not completed them.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Patching the bug itself, probably not long. Saving the game world, stopping it, shutting down server services if required, applying the patch. Possible restart of an entire cluster needed, waiting for services to start back up, verifying integrity before opening it back up to login, etc, can take a while.

Also, since ZOS can't say it I will: the decision to postpone the patching to Monday probably factored in the amount of crying people will do waiting until Monday versus the amount of inevitable crying that happens every time there is emergency down time (in addition to the moaning that happens even when it's scheduled.)

It's not much about crying over it. It's voicing out your opinion. Just like you're voicing your stand with ZoS's failures.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »

It's not much about crying over it. It's voicing out your opinion. Just like you're voicing your stand with ZoS's failures.

There are numerous ragey I quit posts every time there is unannounced down time. There have been ragey childish temper tantrum posts about this event. It is crying.
    Edited by Sigtric on July 22, 2017 12:13AM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soll wrote: »

Seriously. Where is an extra no-CP campaign?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue i find with adding more campaigns is you don't have enough DC players

Thursday for example during prime time you had most of the Campaigns for EP and AD locked, while DC had 3 to 2 bars on some.