The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Combat Balance

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for combat balance and ability changes. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the Destruction Ultimate was missed in the patch notes.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel (if he even reads these things anymore), @ZOS_RichLambert how about this change to Nerien'eth

1pc - Max Magicka
    2pc - Remove the delay on the crystal's explosion, making the damage almost instant. This way, magicka classes get an instant burst undaunted set that's on par with Selene on stamina users.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK got a permablocking buff with the flat value stam return from the Helping Hands Passive from the Earthen Heart skill tree. When combined with the Bloodthorn set, you can all but 100% permablock.

Sturdy, Well-Fitted need slight nerfs.
    Tumbling and Shadow Ward from the CP tree need to come down to 16% max bonus. I can dodge roll wayyy too much without any well-fitted.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, basicly no change to how you screwed sustain, and you refuse outright to make any changes on that then.

Guess you want your competition to be successfull, and I guess you dont want my money.

Like I wanna play new, balls hard difficult dungeons with this balance. Thanks but no thanks.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on July 10, 2017 11:05PM
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    So whats the difference of Surge's change compare to live version ?
    Is it buff or nerf?
    I think Surge in the live sever already follow the higher critical chance to do Critical damage .
  • Phlathead
    Phlathead
    ✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »
    So whats the difference of Surge's change compare to live version ?
    Is it buff or nerf?
    I think Surge in the live sever already follow the higher critical chance to do Critical damage .

I would also like to know.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I question if they are ever going to do anything about the magsorc menace in cyro/BGs.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs didnt get any nerfs they are Op both in pve and pvp atm, if u want balance either buff other classes or nerf magsorcs.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I question if they are ever going to do anything about the magsorc menace in cyro/BGs.
    Glamdring wrote: »
    Magsorcs didnt get any nerfs they are Op both in pve and pvp atm, if u want balance either buff other classes or nerf magsorcs.

The nerf to mag sorcs is the buff to Infused combined with Toraq's and Oblivion enchants. Look in some of the threads, you already see mag sorcs panicking trying to get it nerfed.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Its no doubt the devs love their sorc and want the rest of us to be connon fodder for all their cool sorc..
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Glamdring wrote: »

The nerf to mag sorcs is the buff to Infused combined with Toraq's and Oblivion enchants. Look in some of the threads, you already see mag sorcs panicking trying to get it nerfed.

Why is that? More magicka with infused means more damage and stronger shield. Or is there something im missing here?
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now that you have lowered the ceiling, when are you going to raise the floor???
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya need to buff the damage to Shield-breaker and Knight Slayer, and have Oblivion Damage be influenced by Battle Spirit. (50% reduction)
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    Why the nerf to DK Combustion passive? It hurts stam DKs and that's it cause magDKs have burning buff to fall back on. This change makes zero sense.
  • mzdarsky
    mzdarsky
    ✭✭
    I think that this is not really a nerf, since burning has doubled - "Combustion: This passive ability now increases the damage of Burning and Poisoned by 25/50%, down from 33/66%."

I think a serious easy overhaul to the abilities needs to be made. Some abilities are there, but there are Abilities, Morphs and Ultimates that will basically never be used.

If you want to add diversity, the sets and mundus and stats are not the way to really go. Its the abilities.
    There is no reason that in this patch Werewolf was not really addressed. You guys must notice the usage vs Werewolf & Vampire. In this patch there were like 7 abilities /passives adjusted, but 8 new sets added? I don't think this game is lacking in sets. This game needs balanced useful abilities. Simply pull the data on the abilities and make both morphs as viable as each other. Change the abilities mechanic to be more skill based like league of legends and you will have the most popular game out.

Why make this game a PVP / PVE "farm the new set" game, when you can very very easily just make some minor adjustments to the abilities and you wont have these carbon copy builds.
    It should be easy to spot issues... Every single Stam Class in pvp has "Vigor", thats an issue. Every single Mage has "Mages Wraith" thats an issue. Push diversity through skill based abilities, that are not auto-target and vary the class.
    Change the mechanics of your abilities and balance of them, like overwatch or a moba would. Internally compare them vs other abilities in different situations to create viability for each one.

Otherwise you are going to people crying about what class got buffed or nerfed each patch.

Hope you read this, just my two sense.
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Why is that? More magicka with infused means more damage and stronger shield. Or is there something im missing here?

Infused buff is only to weapon traits and therefore weapon enchants (like frost or oblivion damage), not armor enchants (max stam/health/mag).

See http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/enchanting.html#essence
    Edited by worsttankever on July 11, 2017 3:20AM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭

Infused buff is only to weapon traits and therefore weapon enchants (like frost or oblivion damage), not armor enchants (max stam/health/mag).

See http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/enchanting.html#essence

Ahh i see, tnx:p
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WHY NO LOVE FOR MAG WARDEN .... ALL OF MY TOONS VERY EASILY BREAK 25-30K WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT ...

so assuming all things being equal my mag warden to should break the 25k mark ....

well you know what they say about assume you cant spell it without making an ass of u and me ... buff the mag warden and here is how

EXTEND BIRD OF PREY DURATION

the 9 seconds duration on bird of pray equals a dps loss having to use it so often in your rotation ... however if u increase the duration to say 25 seconds well hey *** you just made a mag warden dps viable

i get you maybe designed the class to be a utility play but all of your trials are designed to be killed as fast as possible ... aint no vet trial group gona pick up a utility class over a lets melt them class
    Edited by karldavy149b16_ESO on July 11, 2017 7:21AM
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY NO LOVE FOR MAG WARDEN .... ALL OF MY TOONS VERY EASILY BREAK 25-30K WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT ...

so assuming all things being equal my mag warden to should break the 25k mark ....

well you know what they say about assume you cant spell it without making an ass of u and me ... buff the mag warden and here is how

the 9 seconds duration on bird of pray equals a dps loss having to use it so often in your rotation ... however if u increase the duration to say 25 seconds well hey *** you just made a mag warden dps viable

i get you maybe designed the class to be a utility play but all of your trials are designed to be killed as fast as possible ... aint no vet trial group gona pick up a utility class over a lets melt them class

The reason why ZoS won't buff magWarden right away is because it's currently over-performing in PvP. If they change too many things, they might make it OP over there and usable in PvE. They're trying to find a way to a change that will be more balanced.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭

You CAN very easily break 25k though, and here is how:

Don't use Bird of Prey in your PvE rotation.

Joking aside (and it's not even a joke to be honest), casting and thus wasting a global cooldown on a skill that's pretty costly and has such a short duration will turn into a DPS loss compared to using that time to, for example, cast another Cliff Racer, even with the added "bonus" of Minor Berserk. That's certainly not ALL you have to do to break your 25k mark, but it's a start.

You would get Minor Berserk from Combat Prayer anyway.
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel Please remove the health bonus from skoria and nerineth and make them max magicka
    or even something cool like 2% fire damage and 2% magic damage for the 1pc
    Edited by Nifty2g on July 12, 2017 2:27PM
    #MOREORBS
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think adding spell crit to the khajiit crit bonus passive would be awesome, so magicka builds can have a little more variety than vain altmer, slaver dunmer, or boring bretons. Stam builds have more flavor race-wise.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tulach
    Tulach
    ✭✭
    Haha so you tone down viper only to make Oblivion enchants loads stronger using a crafted torugs set? Are you planning to fix the health desync issue with the oblivion damage enchant any time soon? Considering this will make it that much worse after you buff that proc build.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel Please remove the health bonus from skoria and nerineth and make them max magicka
    or even something cool like 2% fire damage and 2% magic damage for the 1pc

Nah, I'm happy that some sets still have a health bonus that comes in very handy for PvP. Also makes Skoria more attractive for stam DoT builds.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more. Disappointed that some kind of change didn't occur. Talk about procs being overpowering in pvp and then do nothing about the Ulti spam is ridiculous.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Disappointed that some kind of change didn't occur. Talk about procs being overpowering in pvp and then do nothing about the Ulti spam is ridiculous.

"Ulti-spam" is only dangerous to zergs. It has little effect on small, coordinated groups. Eye of Flame is a necessity to keep zerglings where they belong: in a respawn loading screen.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Ulti-spam" is only dangerous to zergs. It has little effect on small, coordinated groups. Eye of Flame is a necessity to keep zerglings where they belong: in a respawn loading screen.

"Only dangerous to zergs" what. Have you ever met 20man destro ball group. Being part of 60 80man zerg is the only safe place on the whole map.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 13, 2017 12:53PM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However you wish to use it is fine with me. I was making the observation that our amazing game developer justifies nerfs to proc sets because they produce an "unsatisfying experience in pvp". That may be so, but there is no question the destro ulti is just as op and used for way more than just mowing down zerglings. So under his own justification, the destro ult should also be looked at.
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    While there are many unknown factors - at least for me - on question clearly bugs me: why on earth are bound armor and morph are still a toggle?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice QoL change for the Set Summoned pets to inherit CP, but would you be willing to expand this to ability summoned pets as well? (Such as the sorcs Twilight Matriarch, Volatile Familiar, Atronach)