Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Falkreath Hold

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Falkreath Hold. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
  • Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
    Yes, looks pretty nice and mechanics are overall fun. A bit too many stuff with knock-backs for my taste.
    How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    Normal: Overall pretty easy, all bosses were more or less self-explanatory. Minotaur's seem to be the only hard hitting thing, more then the bosses themselves.
    Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Normal (solo)
    Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    The final boss is pretty interesting with the very small arena, makes for quite a different type of fight. Though it can get very messy with the camera zoom...
    What level and build was the character you used?
    660 CP Magicka Nightblade
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    It would be cool if you could enter and loot a few houses, feels kind of weird to not be able to enter any even tough NPCs are going in and out.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i ran the dungeon on vet ... it was fun ....

however on boss 3 there is alot of unclear damage going out and by unclear i mean there is no animations or no indications of where the damage was coming from

... for some of the skills they do for example the pin mechanic that u have to dodge roll out of it if u happen to miss the tiniest of red circles indicating the grip then it was very hard to identify the hand holding you ...

im not sure if that due to the new graphic changes where half the animations cant be seen ...

also as a tank not seeing the destro ulti really sucks ... could that be a toggle ???

other than that i loved how mechanically rich it is
  • Ruffbrack
    Ruffbrack
    Soul Shriven
    I ran the dungeon on normal and loved it! I just wanted to inform you that the instance and the map were out of sinc when we went into the Hall of the Dead. I asked during the run and 2 others mentioned it was off for them as well. Just thought you might be interested to know.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Verry nice ! I love this dungeon .
    • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

It's too easy in Normal ... you can literally skip all the mechanic if you have a good dps ... tank are not needed , heal are also not needed , and you can do it alone .

Normal ( solo ) ... with lag ... without my necropotence ...
      Normal ( group ) ,with lag , with light attack ( yes, if you want to see what look like the mechanic , you need to light attack boss , or they will burn . )

The last boss , we need more " cool animations " like that !

Oh nothing ,i have just find an out of the map in your dungeon ... Here a quick screenshot that don't show how i get there .
    495865Screenshot20170711200352.png
    I have a video ( private link ) ( not for the moment , this need to be upload tonight , maybe tomorow ) , if a devs can pm me i will provide this , like the last time with Vhof . I hope you will fix that very fast , i'm wasting my time doing that ( jump in every single rocks ) ...

I ALSO would like to know if i can put this video in " public " ? because it's something that i have found on the pts ?
    Edited by Apherius on July 11, 2017 7:18PM
  • dovakiineb17_ESO

Yes was very fun and visuals are very nice.

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

i think they are harder then the nonDLC Dungeons and easyer then the SotH-Dungeons. BUT i think the bosses Need more live. they could be easy burned down and players can ignore the mechanics

VET

The final boss is realy nice with his animations and the smal room to move. the other bosses are to easy.

660 CP magika templar DD

Overall ist very well designed and Looks very good on the first few. i have to run it a little bit more to give a final Feedback ^^
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
      • After doing Bloodroot yesterday, this dungeon was a bit of a disappointment. Bloodroot was much better and much more fun, I think.
      • Similar to Bloodroot, it doesn't seem as difficult as the SotH dungeons.
      • Vet HM. Did not attempt normal.
      • The summoners boss. That was a pretty fun and mechanically engaging fight.
    • What level and build was the character you used?
      • My Live character, Breton magblade, using the same gear and setup as she had on Live (literally the same setup as on Live--and for a second day in a row, I forgot to assign my 30 extra CP).
      • The mechanics on the summoners boss were not that obvious. We wiped a number of times trying various things before we discovered the mechanic--quite by accident--when I stepped close to a kneeling enemy and noticed my screen turn a strange color. At that point, everything clicked and it was obvious to figure out.
      • Aside from the aforementioned boss, the fights mostly seemed pretty light on the mechanics. Many fights felt like standard tank-and-spank with just a light dusting of obvious mechanics.
      • We tried both HM and non-HM on the final boss and couldn't tell the difference between the two, except for having two fewer pillars. This is very disappointing, as I liked how vCoS HM and vRoM HM had added mechanical changes that made them feel substantially more difficult than the non-HM versions. vFH HM, however, felt like vICP HM--it didn't feel any different than non-HM.
      • Speaking of pillars, I'm glad that they seem more forgiving than the vMoL first boss pillars, where seemingly having one foot peeking out would kill you.
      • The final boss fight seemed pretty chaotic, particularly the final phase. We're not sure if we fully understand the mechanics, as the boss puts up a shield and we could not find any way to disable that shield or deal with it mechanically. The increased frequency of add spawns at the end also made it seem very frenetic. We spent a few pulls trying to find if we missed anything, but we couldn't, so we opted to just brute-force our way through, killing the seemingly endless add spawns while whittling down his health through the shield, which worked. But it felt wrong, as if we were missing something. If we did miss something, like a way to disable the shield, then that something is too well hidden. And if we didn't miss anything and the intent was to just use force our way through, then that seems like a departure from your new mechanics-first-DPS-second direction.
      • The skin looks... quite ugly. Sorry. Could we please get the Bloodroot skin as a dungeon reward and throw this skin into the Crown Store instead? I can guarantee you that I'll probably never wear this skin.
    Edited by code65536 on July 12, 2017 3:08AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make falkreath hold great again ! we want this dungeon to be hard .
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- Yep . It was very good .

- It was very easy . Definitely needs a buff .

- Veteran Hard Mode .

- The Skeleton boss after we kill the triplets .

- Max CP Template Warden Tank . 5 War Machine , 5 Torug's Pact , 1 Choketorn , 1 Shadowrend . Enchanted Forest Spamming build .

- Just buff it ^^ This was a cakewalk really . We could nuke most bosses . I am sure we missed some mechanics . Buff their Health so we can do them ^^
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    •Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

It was great! Not on therms of difficulty, but well... you come in the dungeon, it's like visiting Norway... the tree's, the path ... great atmosphere.. then you get to that city and you're like : "whaaat... a city in the dungeon" . wonderfull

•How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

It wasn't that difficult in terms of mechanics, they're kinda clear.. But nice

•Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    normal first and vet HM after

•Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    • I like the mammoth.. just for being there ^^
    • Last boss was like ... hey, the Jarl is here, so we have to fight him and then that Minotaur jumps in and you're like.. OOh ,wtf, That's amazing! And then you think... hmm small hall here
    • The big skeleton in the town is nice as well

•What level and build was the character you used?

CPmaxed, Pet Sorc (but not HAsorc)

•Do you have any other general feedback?
    • HM is dissapointing, just two pillars get knocked off...
    • Like said before, you can leave the map (at the very start), but it's not that bad as you cannot enter the dungeon again. It gives some great screens
    1MGYZF3.jpg
    • found a bug at the skeleton boss. At our first Vet try we could only hit 2 of the 3 bosses.
      So we were stuck in there. We kinda charged in very fast.. the talking wasn't done yet.
      Next time we waited for the talking to finish, then it went fine
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »

• HM is dissapointing, just two pillars get knocked off...
    • Like said before, you can leave the map (at the very start), but it's not that bad as you cannot enter the dungeon again. It gives some great screens
    1MGYZF3.jpg

You can go at the last boss by doing this . ^^ it's test .
    Edited by Apherius on July 13, 2017 11:36AM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Yep, I did. First two bosses were very easy. The others were easy once we figured the mechanics out. But great atmosphere, nice visuals.

•How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

Ehm as we only did veteran on HM three times, I can't comment on Normal.

First
    •Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Only veteran with Hardmode

•Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?

The last one. Small scaled fight, very fast paced and mechanics that force you to do them. The other bosses were a simple nuke. The three mages were fun as well. And the mammoth is awesome, just because it is a freakin mammoth on fire.

•What level and build was the character you used?

CPmaxed, Magicka Sorcerer, Magicka DK, Magicka Nightblade

•Do you have any other general feedback?

I liked it. While some others here said that it is too easy on HM, I don't agree. We also did it with a coordinated group with teamspeak, so once we knew the mechanics we got through fast, but for other groups with less coordination and skill it is going to be a nightmare. Please make both first bosses in the new dungeons more difficult on veteran mode. They're a plain nuke and you don't even need to follow the mechanics. Especially in Falkreath Hold you don't even have to go in the sphere, the projectiles deal really low damage, easily outhealed.
    Edited by Masel on July 13, 2017 9:37PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I very much enjoyed this dungeon. It's gorgeous. It's very loyal to Skyrim landscape. It's different and interesting.

I played both normal and veteran version with the same other players, including my boyfriend @Nicky_W . We played with template characters of class/build we were not familiar with. Two of our players never completed a veteran dungeon before.

The Normal version felt slightly too easy. I know that lowbies with not the best gear are supposed to beat the dungeon without hiting their head against the wall, but my feedback is that the fights should last longer, so the players can learn the mechanics of the fights. Maybe more HP to bosses, without increasing their damages?
    We did not understood the mechanic of the bosses before to do the dungeon in veteran mode. I believe this is a mistake, as normal mode should be a way to understand the mechanic and learn the fight.

The Veteran mode difficulty felt perfect for me. Which mean it was probably a little bit too easy aswell. It's certainly easier than the others DLC veteran Dungeons.
    However, I find it extremly fun as once we figured out the strategy, it was doable. Still need to work on the last boss (we only had two attempt, and we activated the hardmode by mistake)

Complete Normal mode
    Killed the 4 first bosses on Veteran.

I really enjoyed the third boss, aka Cernunnon, because we wiped a LOT, and once our tank figure a part of the strategy, we could complete the fight. That was such a great feeling!

I used Template character for both difficulty.
    Warden Stamina Bow healer (yes!) for normal mode
    Dragonknight Magika healer (clone of my fav char on live) for veteran mode

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorEncouragingRingRalpherZ

You can see our first attempt to veteran mode here

I enjoyed to discover and have to figure out the mechanics of those bosses on veteran mode. It made the fight very interesting and rewarding.
    The first boss feels more like a mini boss, than a real boss, but as it's the first it's okay I guess. Maybe make it a little bit harder?
    Edited by Elloa on July 15, 2017 9:01AM
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great dungeon! Can't wait to run through it on veteran once it is released...
    • Soloed it on Normal difficulty. It is probably harder than most original dungeons to solo but easier than nCoA2 and definitely easier than any of the DLC dungeons.
    • The power attacks for the Minotaurs and DKs looks like a normal melee power attack but seems to have a very large range. They definitely hit me a few times outside of normal mob melee range. Unsure if this is intended or not.
    • The Cernuunon boss fight took me a few attempts to discover the main mechanic but it is an interesting and unique one. Unsure if there is any mechanic with the ghosts in the second part of the fight. Cernuunon also seemed to do very little damage with most of his attacks...I basically ignored all of the AoE and power attacks in the second part.
    • While the blessing mechanic was well introduced in the Halls of the Dead the consequence of not blessing a corpse was not understood until the actual boss fight. It might be a good idea to have the corpses decay and cause damage like in the boss fight while in the halls (just to a much lesser degree).
    • The last boss fight is interesting although I mainly DPSed through everything. In particular I don't exactly know the mechanic related to his shout. Nothing I did seemed to prevent its damage.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • thompson.rob23_ESO
    I do like the dungeon quite a bit. Normal mode gives you a chance to explore, but also allows you to have to fight the
    monsters.

Like I mentioned Normal allows you to casually play the game and experience the new content. Now Vet mode... I don't know if this was a cruel joke from your developers. But Vet mode makes me want to cry to my mommy, its soooo stinking hard.

I have completed on Normal and I have attempted several times on Vet

I think the Mammoth is probably my favorite boss. It makes you feel like you are hunting a very large animal with all the health and mechanics that it provides.

The most recent attempt on vet I was cp 350. I have a mixed stam/mag DK build using hunding's rage and automatons

This feedback is from the LIVE server. Overall I feel Vet mode may be too difficult for casual players that want the achievements.