The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game having stuttering every 5 seconds [AFTER MORROWIND OFFICIAL LAUNCH]

WarMasterCyp
WarMasterCyp
✭✭✭
As it says in the title this only started happening after the morrowind official launch. The game would lag/stutter every 5 - 10 seconds constantly and it gets even more intensive when in a queue.

PLEASE fix ASAP.
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    its not the game, otherwise every single person would be here screaming....
    i dont have any stuttering on my home pc, or the really sh@ 1 i use at work... and i ut about 60hrs a week into the game, so plenty of time for me to notice
    so that leaves your side, - try searching thro others post for suggestions, caus their are plenty!
    windows 10 creators updates is a known issue and all over nvidia forums...
    also maybe post your system specs in your signature, might give people more of insight to what your rig, and help with issue..
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the exact same problem, mine was/is caused by Shissu's Guild Tools, wish you luck finding your problem.....

To expand on that...... with addon on my character stops/stutters every fourth or fifth step
    with addon off no stuttering at all. :)

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having same problems. Game kinda freezes up for like one second whenever in crowded areas? Even when sending a message in game or even when im alt tabbed and out here on my browser. My pc has like a stutter. What I did was disabled AUI addon and run the game in Fullscreen mode. I think that fixed it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yes being in que does cause that 1 sec freeze every 10 seconds. I just tested it out.

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont think you have to disable AUI addon. It is the que system that is causing this 1 second freeze of your entire pc every 10 seconds.

• Garreth17
    Garreth17
    I have the same issue. Actually i've seen a number of threads here and reddit about this. When i queue into lfg, game stutters every 10 seconds. I completely reinstalled the game and tried playing on another pc, still stutters.
    Edited by Garreth17 on June 13, 2017 2:01AM
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    And yes being in que does cause that 1 sec freeze every 10 seconds. I just tested it out.

me too same issue -.-
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Tipsy247
    Tipsy247
    ✭✭✭
    I get this, but only when I'm in the new zone.
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    its not the game, otherwise every single person would be here screaming....

I'm screaming. Two years later on a Mac same problem.
    i dont have any stuttering on my home pc, or the really sh@ 1 i use at work... and i ut about 60hrs a week into the game, so plenty of time for me to notice
    so that leaves your side

“Works for me” distractors are one of the reasons why problems like this won't get fixed for 2 years.
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    So it could be an add on. Have to check that.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this is an old thread from two years ago we will be closing the discussion since some information is outdated. You are welcome to start a new discussion if none exist on this issue with performance. For Mac support you can post in the forum below.

Mac Technical Support
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.