The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[ZOS] Remove final dialogues in the dungeon quests!

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
Quest Blood and Sand in the Volenfell and a lot of another dungeon quests.
I've completed this quest, the only thing I left is final dialogue with NPC - I've destroyed the crystal and there has started a dialogues between NPCs. That LONG and BORING dialogues.
Guess what? Everyone from party left and I was removed from area before quest NPC were able to interact! Genius!

Now, I need to do that quest AGAIN and there is no guarantee that everyone wouldn't left again and I wouldn't be able to complete. The game of 2017, really.

Why that dialogues between NPCs are SO LONG? Remove it completely!
Or
Make NPC interactive right after final requirements complete, so I would complete my quest and left the area and let they are blahblahing there without me.
Or
Didn't force ppl out so fast after last boss killed!

Mark this quest as completed for me and give me my rewards.
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

No one is forced out after the quest is completed. That's all on your party members.

Easiest solution? Tell them up front that you need the quest. Most groups will understand and so will give you the extra few minutes to complete the objectives and wait for dialogue to finish. If you tell them you need the quest and they don't agree to do that, then at least you know up front instead of wasting time to run the dungeon first, and you can leave and try another group.

One thing I recommend? Find a PvE guild for this. The kind that specializes in dungeons and pledges. You'll generally build up enough rapport with your guildmates that they'll happily help you with your dungeon quests, including staying until any final dialogue is complete.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on May 25, 2017 1:04PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder, did I asked of advices? Not. Or do you you think you are smarter than me? Really?
    A half of players didn't understand english completely, half of other - just jerks, who would leave immediately unmatter what.
    This pointless stuff must be fixed in the one of that ways:
    Make NPC interactive right after final requirements complete.
    Or

Period.
    Edited by SilverWF on May 25, 2017 2:52PM
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give advice because changing your own behavior is a lot easier and a lot more likely than ZOS changing theirs, especially for something that they put time and effort (read: money) into writing and designing.

If you think all english-speaking players are "just jerks" then you haven't been playing the same game I have. But sure, scream ineffectually into the void about an easily avoided problem, it that helps you feel better about it. *shrug*
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same issue in the past.
    Kill the last boss, waiting for end of quest dialogue, whole group bails out and you get booted from the dungeon before the dialogue is finished. Sure you can ask people to stay around an wait, but when PuGing, not everyone is so courteous (sometimes not -any-one. :P )

It's definitely frustrating, especially if you've never done the dungeon before and don't know to inform the group that you need to wait. Or if you want to retrace your steps to make sure you didn't miss any chests or anything along the way. Doesn't seem like it'd be super difficult to code the dungeon to not auto-kick you if the group disbands after the last boss in killed.

At the very least, ZOS should refrain from making any -new- dungeons with long dialogues at the end.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on May 25, 2017 6:26PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give advice because changing your own behavior is a lot easier and a lot more likely than ZOS changing theirs, especially for something that they put time and effort (read: money) into writing and designing.

If you think all english-speaking players are "just jerks" then you haven't been playing the same game I have. But sure, scream ineffectually into the void about an easily avoided problem, it that helps you feel better about it. *shrug*

Yes, and that 'advice' is obvious for any mature player.

I didn't said that, do not lie pls. I've said 'half of others", means actual quarter of playerbase.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the purpose of the dungeon kick-out anyway? Is it to get people out of the dungeon if they're no longer in the group? Maybe the system should be changed so that completing the dungeon starts a global 5 minute kick-out timer, and thus wouldn't be affected by the you-left-the-group timer.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • GiuEliN0
    GiuEliN0
    ✭✭✭
    normally if one of my group says in chat "i have quest" i wait for him during the dungeon and i don't rush.
    so maybe try to tell ur groupmates about it
    Beta-tester January 2014
    PC EU
    Most Important Character:
    Elsewin, DC, Bosmer Stamblade PVE cp 1100+ Flawless Conqueror
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/12343192/signatur.jpg