The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battle grounds build advice

hamburgerler76
hamburgerler76
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone so I'm on console and bin farming what I hope to be a good build for battleground next update and wanted to run it by some of you pc players who have bin playing for a Lil bit now.

Armor/jewelry -5 lich set, 4 cyrodiils light
Weapons-resto and destro staffs of cyrodiils light
Cp-600
Stats-1800 mag recovery,30k max mag,19k max health,2k spell dmg,40 crit, about 15k spell and 22k physical resistance (note this is after I dropped my cp to match about what it will be next update
If you can think of anything I missed you would like to know before offering adice feel free to ask in comments
Edited by hamburgerler76 on May 30, 2017 3:43PM
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also all this gear is purple as I have bin to scared to waste my gold mats yet as game changes so often and I find myself constantly switching gear.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you trolling the guy? Yeah... he should probably pick the correct forum for this, but aside from that he is asking for advice. No need to be caustic.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What class are you?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    What class are you?

I am a mag templar mainly do heal/support
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you trolling the guy? Yeah... he should probably pick the correct forum for this, but aside from that he is asking for advice. No need to be caustic.

Thank you yea I don't use forums to often so was just asking for some General adivice on my build sorry if wrong forum section.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have removed a few comments for baiting, which is against the forum rules. This thread has also been moved over to the PvP Combat & Skills forum so the OP get can further advice.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on console - so, I have no real idea how you're gear/build will function - seems though that you are set well for sustain and defense...

although rolling with all light in small scale pvp without a lot of mobility seems kinda scary...

until we log into morrowind, get used to how to sustain with the changes - hard to tell exactly what setup will work...

if you already are used to small scale pvp I'd imagine you'll do fine - the players you group with will love having a healer with them...

Edit: is "battle spirit"/+ 5,000 health applied in battlegrounds?
    Edited by geonsocal on May 30, 2017 5:14PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're going to need more health than that, if that's your HP pool /with/ battle spirit. Some proc combos, which get used a lot (read: you're not going to go into BGs and not get hit by procs constantly) can hit you for like 80% of that. It's not going to be fun to deal with.
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »
    You're going to need more health than that, if that's your HP pool /with/ battle spirit. Some proc combos, which get used a lot (read: you're not going to go into BGs and not get hit by procs constantly) can hit you for like 80% of that. It's not going to be fun to deal with.

No not with battle spirit that is in normal pve I get around 25-28k in pvp depending on food I use
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    on console - so, I have no real idea how you're gear/build will function - seems though that you are set well for sustain and defense...

although rolling with all light in small scale pvp without a lot of mobility seems kinda scary...

until we log into morrowind, get used to how to sustain with the changes - hard to tell exactly what setup will work...

if you already are used to small scale pvp I'd imagine you'll do fine - the players you group with will love having a healer with them...

Edit: is "battle spirit"/+ 5,000 health applied in battlegrounds?

Yea I think it's 5k but my health pool is without battle spirit on
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm a relative noob to playing the healer role - so, your thread has sparked a bunch of interest...

the "shroud of lich" should definitely keep your magicka flowing...not so sure about using the light of cyrodiil for defense though...

your spell crit is at 40% which doesn't sound bad - using "mother's sorrow" or "treasure hunter" will help them heals crit just about all the time...

not to push heavy armor too much - but, if you crafted some "kagrenac's hope" you could toss in a couple of pieces of heavy in your build...

I'm going to try and use "rattlecage" and "robes of transmutation", plus a magicja monster piece for healing in battlegrounds...i'm currently using tri-food, but, if it's necessary I'll switch to a tri-drink to help with my sustain...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 30, 2017 10:36PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone so I'm on console and bin farming what I hope to be a good build for battleground next update and wanted to run it by some of you pc players who have bin playing for a Lil bit now.

Armor/jewelry -5 lich set, 4 cyrodiils light
    Weapons-resto and destro staffs of cyrodiils light
    Cp-600
    Stats-1800 mag recovery,30k max mag,19k max health,2k spell dmg,40 crit, about 15k spell and 22k physical resistance (note this is after I dropped my cp to match about what it will be next update
    If you can think of anything I missed you would like to know before offering adice feel free to ask in comments

I've been doing almost nothing but play BGs since early release.

I'd recommend tweaking your setup so that Lich is a back bar set. Meaning you can run 3 Body/Jewelry pieces and run 1H/Shield back bar to complete the set. This allows you to use a second 5 piece set with 100% uptime on your body and run a 2 piece monster set.

Alternatively you could run Lich back bar with a resto staff, 4 piece Lich on the body/jewelry. In this case you could run a second 5 piece with 4 body and 1 front bar weapon--this would be easiest to do with a crafted set like Julianos. Again you'd retain the ability to use a monster set.
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    What do you guys whose played BGs have on your jewlery enchants?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benn G x wrote: »
    What do you guys whose played BGs have on your jewlery enchants?

All spell damage, personally. I'm sustaining with 2 lines of magicka recovery on gear and resto heavy attacks.