The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question on Sorc's Pets

BuzzZaw60
BuzzZaw60
Hello Fellow ESO Travelers

First I did just a Bing search and everything I found was from 2014-15 so I apologize if this has been asked many times.....

I might have made a mistake...but might have not with the two Pets under the Daedric Summoning skill....

Early on...without thoroughly researching...took the Familiar and morphed it into Volatile Familiar for the extra damage. Then I sidelined it when I was able to get the Winged Twilight which is in-morphed for now until I can figure out if I made a mistake or not with morphing the Volatile Familiar instead of going Clanfear .

But I have seen some help topics and comments that said if going for damage the Volatile Familiar is actually good choice over the Clanfear. So I'm sort of stuck on which way to go and should I respect my morphs...not a lot right now in the Sorc Skill Tree. Or keep the Volatile Familiar and then morph the Twilight into Matriarch for the self heal and two additional targets?

Thanks as usual....
  • JPwasd
    JPwasd
    Soul Shriven
    BuzzZaw60 wrote: »
    Hello Fellow ESO Travelers

But I have seen some help topics and comments that said if going for damage the Volatile Familiar is actually good choice over the Clanfear. So I'm sort of stuck on which way to go and should I respect my morphs...not a lot right now in the Sorc Skill Tree. Or keep the Volatile Familiar and then morph the Twilight into Matriarch for the self heal and two additional targets?

Thanks as usual....

What you decide should depend on what you need. Im pretty sure matriarch has better heal than clannfear anyway so if you already have matriarch, just keep volatile familiar.

If you find yourself starved for HP, use matriarch; otherwise just use volatile familiar. Also, you would probably do yourself a solid by having 2 shields instead of 2 pets (since 2 pets = 4 wasted slots sinc eyou gotta double bar both of them)
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're still leveling? If so, don't stress about it. You'll respec plenty of times before you settle on a build, so just try whatever looks fun/good/interesting for now, and try the others later.

If not, Volatile is far superior for DPS (for magicka builds of course, as stam has little use for either morph)

Matriarch is a very good heal slot if needed (again for magicka builds).
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matriarch is a superb healer. No reason to look at the other morph if you like twilights.

VF is super damage but a poor tank. Clannfear is a super tank but a poor damage dealer. So the choice there depends on what you want.

I like to solo PvE and enjoy the depth of my own tank (clannfear) and healer (matriarch). That you can shield your pets via empowered ward makes that clannfear even tougher. Healing your clannfear tank via your matriarch is much cheaper and more powerful than using the clannfear's heal.

If you are going to group up with others and want to deliver very high dps, the VF is the better choice.

Oh, and respecc'ing your skills at the altar offers the option to just respec your morphs - that is really cheap so don't hesitate to try different combos and remorph as necessary to end up with what you know you like.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 23, 2017 9:03PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people go volatile familiar it's waayy better for dps clanfear is ineffectual morph and not useful past level 10.

Go twilight matriarch / VF