Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any links to a good Magicka Templar DPS/Healer build?

Kwik1
Kwik1
✭✭✭✭
Not sure what is current and up to date that I could look at. Any links?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want just DPS, just healing or a mix?

i use this for vMSA and with some changes you can make a good healbuild and dd build too...

http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/de/teilen/17672/
    Edited by DeHei on May 6, 2017 5:59AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • oldrich.nesvadbaeb17_ESO
    50@710 - AD PetSorc, EP MagSorc, DC Magblade PvP, DC Magplar (main ATM), EP Magden,
    lvl 31 EP Mag DK, lvl 22 EP MagCro, lvl 17 Marcanist

Playing since beta now and then
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PvE, there are a lot of different options to choose from when it comes to making heal-dps-plar, and it will really depend on what content you're running, what your group will benefit the most from, what your own personal goals are, and what you are most comfortable with.

In 4-man dungeons, for example, if you're queued up as your group's healer, there is no "right way" to play that role, in my opinion. I've run with PUGs that I need to care for a great deal, meaning I have less time to deal damage and need to spend more time healing. On the opposite end of the spectrum, when I run with my friends that I know know how to avoid taking unnecessary damage, I can go all-out damage and heal only when needed. I've also run with some groups that prefer me to run like I would do in a trial, and keep up buffs, debuffs, etc. to boost the designated DDs' damage.

Trials are another story all together, where you would not be able to call yourself a healer and DD at the same time. You would need to choose one role or the other.

When it comes to gear sets, again, there is no 100% correct option, in my opinion. If you're interested in just healing and boosting your group's overall damage, you might go with Spell Power Cure in combination with another 5-piece bonus set. If you're interested in contributing to damage as well, you might run with Burning Spellweave and a 2-piece monster set. Or you could go with SPC + Moondancer or BSW for a bit of both. The options are many!

Lastly, I'll leave you with a video of my own heal-dps-plar gameplay from Veteran Dragonstar Arena that shows you one way you could play this sort of role. Not perfect by any means, but definitely is fun and effective. My setup for this content is the following:

5x Spell Power Cure
    3x Moondancer
    2x Grothdarr
    2x Willpower Swords
    1x Maelstrom Lightning Staff

Ideally, I would like to run with 5x SPC, 5x Moondancer, and 1x Maelstrom Lightning staff, even in the upcoming Morrowind patch, but you know... WTB sharpened Moondancer swords. :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bj2Sa9jIcWY
    Edited by stileanima on May 22, 2017 1:34AM
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch