Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Camera control problem randomly occurring PLEASE HELP.

MikeyMutz
MikeyMutz
✭✭
So i have been playing this game for 8 days now and have had an issue with my camera tracking. It is randomly happening to me.

In this video linked below is what is occurring to me when this problem happens i will try to move my camera to the left or right slightly and it jumps there. It's more noticeable
when I'm looking down I'm my character spinning slowly.

I really enjoy the game but when this happens i have to turn the game off cause it's unplayable when this happens.

Here's a video showing what i mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qxb4de1vWc&t=17s
Edited by MikeyMutz on May 8, 2017 10:07PM
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    I have spent over 8 hours looking through forums and the internet to find a fix for my problem still no fix i found.

I know nothing about tech issues so I am here asking someone who knows a thing of two about tech to please help me.

PC Specs
    Intel Core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00GHz
    RAM 16.0 GB
    NVIDIA GTX 1080
    Windows 10 Pro
    176.0 GB Free M.2 space
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Accessories
    Razer Chroma Black Widow keyboard.
    Razer Naga Hex v2 mouse.
    Sennheiser PC 373D
    XP-Pen G430 (drawing tablet)
    Logitech Speakers

When i play i use the 64-bit client
    Graphics on Ultra

Have like 10 addons but this problem was happening before i got any addons aswell.

Edited by MikeyMutz on May 6, 2017 7:15PM
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    BUMP
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    This is still happening to me at random times i really need help here guys.

This is stopping me from playing.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried "settings - camera - third person rotation speed" to zero?
    I'm using the razer naga chroma and have somewhat of a similar problem.
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Cyn_v84 wrote: »
    Have you tried "settings - camera - third person rotation speed" to zero?
    I'm using the razer naga chroma and have somewhat of a similar problem.

Well it's randomly happening some days it doesn't happen others it doesn't stop so if it was a settings thing i would assume it would be happening all the time. but no i haven't done that. it has been doing this since before i made my own custom settings i like to play on.

it was just happening to me again during a mages guild quest that if i quit out of the game i would lose all progress so i finished it which took 4 times as long cause i couldn't walk in a straight line.

I'm assuming is a compatibility issue but i can't make that call cause I'm not a tech person.
    But what i do know is, when it was happening to me 30 minutes ago i went to my desk top to test my mouse and mouse was fine, tried it on another game it worked perfectly, then i went back into eso and it was all over my screen and i couldn't control it at all.
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    It is also a lot more noticeable when you look down from a sky view on your character.

I can't even spin my mouse that fast if i wanted to.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it's a mouse problem - sending Khajiits ;)
    But seriously: I've experienced it once, cleaned my lenses and insides from cat fur :P and it helped. Not saying it's the only possibility, thou. Lag during the peak time also sometimes makes my mouse working funny.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    Yup, it's a mouse problem - sending Khajiits ;)
    But seriously: I've experienced it once, cleaned my lenses and insides from cat fur :P and it helped. Not saying it's the only possibility, thou. Lag during the peak time also sometimes makes my mouse working funny.

Right well mine isn't a mouse problem i cleaned my lens yesterday and it still did it today.

I opened up another game and that game was fine.

I went to my desk top mouse worked perfectly no sudden jerk or jumps. alt tabbed back into eso BOOM mouse was all over my screen.

This is a problem with eso and my pc/mouse connecting together.

I don't have pets and i keep my mouse clean so it's nothing to do with the lens or fur or crumbs. like i said works perfectly on other games therefor its not the mouse.

Thank you for commenting though any bit of help is welcome here.
    Edited by MikeyMutz on May 8, 2017 7:17AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try give a ticket to eso help desk, they might know more about this.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US
    Edited by Gilvoth on May 8, 2017 7:38AM
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well let's see... I know of a few things that can make the screen behave in a similar fashion as yours did (which the video of still has me reeling from nausea). My most educated guess is that your invisible mouse is locked to the center of your screen when playing and requests to move it instead slide the screen. I have a touch-screen laptop and can make something like your issue happen, but it is all on me personally. Tapping or rubbing the screen anywhere "sends" the mouse there immediately, repeatedly, causing the screen to spin uncontrollably. If this applies, I would recommend NOT using any form of touch interface to play ESO. Second, while I use a wireless mouse, my laptop comes with a trackpad. Sometimes when playing my hand accidentally rubs against it and ESO has to deal with two mouse signals, resulting in undesired camera movement.

The strange thing is this happens to you only occasionally. If you could replicate this on-demand, I might think it was some program/some setting you use on your mouse that makes this happen. Hmmm... do you use that one setting that as you drag your mouse afterimages of it appear (which also makes me nauseous)? If so, try disabling that. Is something propped against your drawing tablet? Are you having a seizure? Is your mouse on a uniformly colored flat surface?

I hope some of this helps with troubleshooting.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remembered something: when I switch the UI off (to take a screenshot) and then press Enter to write something in chat without turning the UI back on, my mouse is not responding afterwards. I need to /reloadui to fix it. Maybe this is related?...
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    that to me looks like a mouse smoothing option with a really high dpi setting,
    if your using high dpi on mouse software, with mouse smoothing on, ive seen conflicts like that when turning the mouse ingame,
    try turning off Mouse smoothing 1st to see if that sorts the issue
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Well let's see... I know of a few things that can make the screen behave in a similar fashion as yours did (which the video of still has me reeling from nausea). My most educated guess is that your invisible mouse is locked to the center of your screen when playing and requests to move it instead slide the screen. I have a touch-screen laptop and can make something like your issue happen, but it is all on me personally. Tapping or rubbing the screen anywhere "sends" the mouse there immediately, repeatedly, causing the screen to spin uncontrollably. If this applies, I would recommend NOT using any form of touch interface to play ESO. Second, while I use a wireless mouse, my laptop comes with a trackpad. Sometimes when playing my hand accidentally rubs against it and ESO has to deal with two mouse signals, resulting in undesired camera movement.

The strange thing is this happens to you only occasionally. If you could replicate this on-demand, I might think it was some program/some setting you use on your mouse that makes this happen. Hmmm... do you use that one setting that as you drag your mouse afterimages of it appear (which also makes me nauseous)? If so, try disabling that. Is something propped against your drawing tablet? Are you having a seizure? Is your mouse on a uniformly colored flat surface?

I hope some of this helps with troubleshooting.

at first i thought it might be because i have the drawing tablet aswell and it was registering both my mouse and the tablet but I uninstalled the drawing tablet drivers and unplugged it from my pc and it still did it so it's safe to say it wasn't my tablet.
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    I just remembered something: when I switch the UI off (to take a screenshot) and then press Enter to write something in chat without turning the UI back on, my mouse is not responding afterwards. I need to /reloadui to fix it. Maybe this is related?...

i wish it was that simple. I have tried reloading ui mutiple times still does it.
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    if your using high dpi on mouse software, with mouse smoothing on, ive seen conflicts like that when turning the mouse ingame,

I use 1800 dpi and my mouse smoothing has been off since i got into the settings and changed it. if i remember correctly it was doing this with mouse smoothing on too.
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    MikeyMutz wrote: »

I use 1800 dpi and my mouse smoothing has been off since i got into the settings and changed it. if i remember correctly it was doing this with mouse smoothing on too.

ok so 1800 dpi is very high, im assuming u have inagme setting really low, try reducing mouse to 800 and increasing the ingame speed. ;D just for a test
    Edited by bennysbeastb16_ESO2 on May 9, 2017 3:16PM
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    MikeyMutz wrote: »

ok so 1800 dpi is very high, im assuming u have inagme setting really low, try reducing mouse to 800 and increasing the ingame speed. ;D just for a test

My ingame is set to 60%. i used to play a game called osu with my mouse and that made me get really good with high dpi.

However it still makes no sense cause its happening randomly so if it was the dpi wouldnt it hapen all the time?
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you playing the game in windowed mode or in full screen mode ? (see video settings).

If I play it in windowed mode, I have sometimes strange camera movements.... but nothing as strange as you have.

• pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Are you playing the game in windowed mode or in full screen mode ? (see video settings).

If I play it in windowed mode, I have sometimes strange camera movements.... but nothing as strange as you have.

fullscreen
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »

not the same issue my is when i move the camera a tad bit it goes insanely fast like it makes me go from my mouse sensitivity (1800) to like 900000 sensitivity and i barely move the mouse and i do 20 360s its unplayable when it happens
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Help! this issue is not gone i played for 3 days without it happening now its back!
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Someone please be smart enough to figure this out when this happens i actually can't even play :(
  • Rumtintin
    Rumtintin
    ✭✭
    I felt this pain for some time and tried a bunch of different things. I just cleaned up what was left of Razer stats manager and Cortex, and, surprisingly, things seem to be much better. (I have a Razer Naga Hex v2.)
  • MikeyMutz
    MikeyMutz
    ✭✭
    Rumtintin wrote: »
    I felt this pain for some time and tried a bunch of different things. I just cleaned up what was left of Razer stats manager and Cortex, and, surprisingly, things seem to be much better. (I have a Razer Naga Hex v2.)

ahh nice ill give that a try when i get the time to :)
  • rcheetah
    rcheetah
    Soul Shriven
    I still had this issue 2019, when I played ESO for the first time.
    I either fixed it, or it has gone away by itself. I can’t remember. Sadly. Very sadly, because I have this issue again since today. Has somebody fixed this issue yet?

I’m playing on MacOS by the way.

Update: On the next day, everything worked again. This is some strange bug!
    Edited by rcheetah on March 26, 2020 3:49PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is over three years old the discussion is being closed. If there are no recent discussions on your issue please feel free to start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.