Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Xbox virtual keyboard is still broken, most of the time

Excaltic
Excaltic
✭✭✭
This has been reported before, but I'll post it again here, since this was not fixed in the last patch.

If you play for a longer time, then the in-game chat virtual keyboard (how you can type with your controller) doesn't work anymore. The only way to fix this is to restart ESO completely (hard-quit the game, then relaunch).

When this happens is random, but most of the time this happens if you're inside ESO, send a xbox message via xbox itself (and used that other virtual keyboard) and then get back into ESO.

The keyboard just won't pop-up anymore, as if it was removed from the game.

Please fix this, this is game-breaking, people need to be able to communicate with each other!!
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    think this has something to do with an xb1 update not the game itself. just use a keyboard or chatpad.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this for ps4 as well, it's half and half though.
    The Flyers
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just reported the same problem when trying to report a player. Can't type anything.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a known issue and plenty of threads on the issue, why create a new one .....

Majority of the community complained there was no keyboard support since console release. Now we have keyboard support ..... go get a $5.00 keyboard from k-mart .....

Edited by Balibe on May 4, 2017 2:13AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being fair....while this game may have some contributions, the reality is this....you would want to purchase either a keyboard or the xbox one brand chatpad and that resolves it all.

The virtual keyboard is more on the xbox one end and simply required that any developer build their game so that it uses or allows access. Its quirky so while ESO seems an obvious party to point the finger, using the chatpad eliminates this 100% as well as USB keyboards so, knowing there is a work around and its not game breaking, it may be work investing in.

Realize ZOS didn't want to offer text chat so.....
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 5, 2017 2:39PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Half of the time my wireless keyboard don't work with the game so I call b.s this is a ongoing issue for 3 months
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half of the time my wireless keyboard don't work with the game so I call b.s this is a ongoing issue for 3 months

BS...that your keyboard doesn't work with the game but other USB keyboards do?

Also...I really believe the issue on this starts with Xbox, maybe today's system update will resolve it
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501