The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I LOVE the New Island

• Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    With some of the backlash I've gotten here on the forums from simply buying a gift of sorts for myself, it's pretty funny to think about how some of these folks would react if they saw my car. If people can be so hateful and enraged by a fluff item of sorts on a video game, I can only imagine their expression and behavior when that foreign pull-up. Yikes. :#

And for the record, I have no regrets on this purchase. I still love it. In fact, I love it more so now. So regrets? None at all. In fact, I'd even put down another 2k if ZOS allowed me to ride a mount around the property. Streaking from place to place is crazy. Gonna name the place "Streak Island".

@Ch4mpTW
    My intent was to not personal insult anyone for buying something from the crown store or judge them. I myself am not hateful, enraged or even jealous of your situation or if you buy something you want from the crown store. If you have a nice car, house and all that stuff then great. No one has a right to tell anyone "how" to spend you money unless it is your wife maybe...haha

I use to make over 200k a year when I was in real estate and gave a majority of that money to those in need. I can't in good conscious go out and spend money on an expensive car, house or what have you and look at others who suffer on a daily biases and not feel extremely guilty. If I had another windfall I would do the same thing again with no regret but that is just me and my way of looking at things.

Power to you and I guess I hope you enjoy your new home.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There have been a few comments removed for some baiting and flaming. Please try and stay on-topic along with following the forum rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With some of the backlash I've gotten here on the forums from simply buying a gift of sorts for myself, it's pretty funny to think about how some of these folks would react if they saw my car. If people can be so hateful and enraged by a fluff item of sorts on a video game, I can only imagine their expression and behavior when that foreign pull-up. Yikes. :#

And for the record, I have no regrets on this purchase. I still love it. In fact, I love it more so now. So regrets? None at all. In fact, I'd even put down another 2k if ZOS allowed me to ride a mount around the property. Streaking from place to place is crazy. Gonna name the place "Streak Island".

@Ch4mpTW
    My intent was to not personal insult anyone for buying something from the crown store or judge them. I myself am not hateful, enraged or even jealous of your situation or if you buy something you want from the crown store. If you have a nice car, house and all that stuff then great. No one has a right to tell anyone "how" to spend you money unless it is your wife maybe...haha

I use to make over 200k a year when I was in real estate and gave a majority of that money to those in need. I can't in good conscious go out and spend money on an expensive car, house or what have you and look at others who suffer on a daily biases and not feel extremely guilty. If I had another windfall I would do the same thing again with no regret but that is just me and my way of looking at things.

Power to you and I guess I hope you enjoy your new home.

@Darkestnght That's respectable. And I thank you for being kind about how you put that. I also understand completely where you're coming from. Solid post, comrade. I wish more people were as straightforward, and yet as respectful as that. Be blessed, bruh.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm keeping tabs on this thread because I want to see more screenshots. :'(

Oh and btw, I would saunter up and down my private beach and put up "no running" signs!
    Instead I will settle for something like Black Vine Villa perhaps and have my hounds at the door with the sign "I can be at the gate in 2 seconds, can you?".

:D
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    I'm keeping tabs on this thread because I want to see more screenshots. :'(

Oh and btw, I would saunter up and down my private beach and put up "no running" signs!
    Instead I will settle for something like Black Vine Villa perhaps and have my hounds at the door with the sign "I can be at the gate in 2 seconds, can you?".

:D

I'll happily upload more screen shots. I'm just trying to shift things around, and put my own touch on the things that's there. That way when I do start adding in extra stuff, things fit right into place. As for your idea, that's pretty funny. I have a couple of pretty funny things that I'm going to be incorporating to my island, that I think you all here on the forums will love once it's done. :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new house:
    FonxISy.jpg

some tunes to listen to why you chill and decorate your little slice of heaven...
    https://youtu.be/erG5rgNYSdk
    Just a place to call your own
    As we drift into the zone
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, not bad, but I think you could do better. I have some rare furnishing items that go well your home. o:)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    My new house:
    FonxISy.jpg

some tunes to listen to why you chill and decorate your little slice of heaven...

@geonsocal Weezer! I haven't heard of them since they made that song called "Beverly Hills". I wonder what happened to them.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who cares what people think?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new house:
    FonxISy.jpg

@geonsocal Weezer! I haven't heard of them since they made that song called "Beverly Hills". I wonder what happened to them.

4a4f64b50915ee8dcec525b1bbb3e864.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares what people do with their money? The island is not necessary in order to play the game. I will be buying it.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Who cares what people do with their money? The island is not necessary in order to play the game. I will be buying it.

I am happy for you, and I won't, and who cares!

See, that wasn't so difficult. ;)

Edited by Phinix1 on April 27, 2017 8:10PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Sensei,

One must consider that aoe skills can go through placed floors when planning your dojo location.

giphy.gif

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forsaken Stronghold so much better though
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

haven't taken the time to pick up any residences, but, I have toured a bunch of them...

forsaken stronghold is a seriously dark and creepy place...i can only imagine parking your mount in there and having them stare at you - with those dead eyes...

island paradise versus some old creepy and dark gray stone looking place with a dead eyed mount...hmmmmmm....
    Edited by geonsocal on April 27, 2017 10:02PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

haven't taken the time to pick up any residences, but, I have toured a bunch of them...

forsaken stronghold is a seriously dark and creepy place...i can only imagine parking your mount in there and having them stare at you - with those dead eyes...

island paradise versus some old creepy and dark gray stone looking place with a dead eyed mount...hmmmmmm....

Lmao. It does get pretty creepy at Forsaken, as it's a naturally dark location. It takes a LOT of lighting to get the place halfway lit, and even then it has a lot of seriously dark spots. If you were enemies of the dark brotherhood, they'd be able to gank you with incredible ease. That place is Nightblade galore, if you're an assassin hired to terminate someone.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 27, 2017 10:15PM
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been busy...

Screenshot_20170427_204031.png

Screenshot_20170427_204127.png

Screenshot_20170427_204051.png

Screenshot_20170427_204248.png

This is the start of the second, larger arena.

Screenshot_20170427_213748.png
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Been busy...

Wow! Looking good man. I've been relatively busy myself. I'll upload some pics once I get a bit more completed. I just started setting up the crafting area, and the lobby/park area.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Been busy...

Just needs a sign out front .

Karate-insel.jpg
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The size is immense, have made my trophy room too but that's it so far. The 700 limit will definitely get in the way but can still make some nice stuff.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could really care a less about people how have money to purchase these expensive items and then come on here to tell everyone about it.

Not pointed directly at the OP I do not know him/her or what they may contribute to humanity but, People die of hunger everyday, Kids go without and are abused everyday...the list goes on and on.

If more people would start looking around at what a mess this world is in and give a little back instead of saying look what new shinny thing I got we might all be better off in the long run.

And look at you playing a video game on your nice xbox one and you have 750 cp... get off your high horse and cancel your xbox live and go feed a family.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    v27b.jpg

I mentioned that I wanted an NPC named Mr. Roarke on the island, but apparently very few people were old enough to get that.

Sad to say I got it... xD

"Welcome to Fantasy Island!"
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Verbum_Rithimus
    Verbum_Rithimus
    ✭✭✭
    it needs a mount to get about
    otherwise, nice surprise
    the price, however - it's not cheap
    zos v players: grimly reap
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could really care a less about people how have money to purchase these expensive items and then come on here to tell everyone about it.

Not pointed directly at the OP I do not know him/her or what they may contribute to humanity but, People die of hunger everyday, Kids go without and are abused everyday...the list goes on and on.

If more people would start looking around at what a mess this world is in and give a little back instead of saying look what new shinny thing I got we might all be better off in the long run.

And look at you playing a video game on your nice xbox one and you have 750 cp... get off your high horse and cancel your xbox live and go feed a family.

@SleepyTroll
    You have a point
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Darkestnght I hate to break it too you but people are just people, and very rarely does our scope of empathy and consideration expand beyond family and friends. We are tribal by nature, and asking every human to get involved in the suffering of people thousands of miles or 2 miles away just isn't going to happen. Its sad, I know, but it is the nature of nature.

Nothing will change on that front until humanity as a whole adopts a long term perspective with an eye to past mistakes... And we will not see that in our lifetimes.

On a positive end note though: The ground work has been laid for that event to take place, with human interconnectivity higher than it has ever been in the history of our species, our children or their children may be the ones to make the change on a planetary consciousness level that was never possible before this time.

Just a couple minor things to get out of the way first, like nations, religions, arbitrary differences... You see where I'm going with this ;)

Edit: And grats on the new digs @Ch4mpTW ! I like the island.
    Edited by nimander99 on April 27, 2017 11:09PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭

Just to point out, logically the OP (while not pointing directly at them) may very well both contribute to good causes and post about their new virtual home. These are not mutually exclusive. My question would be to you, have you given to a good cause recently? If you are unhappy about someone celebrating something, do you enjoy taking the moral high ground based on a lot of assumptions? Just because someone bought this home and shared it doesn't mean they don't care about good causes.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackshark wrote: »
    People need to get a grip and not be so defensive.
    Blackshark wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    @Darkestnght Just wondering, how much do you donate to charities from you pay cheque each month?

Not @Darkestnght but approximately 40% of my gross income goes to taxes at the end of the year. I'd say that's more than enough charity from me.

@Blackshark
    Wow you are awesome!

@Darkestnght Not sure if sarcastic but I was defending you by highlighting that some of us pay ridiculous amounts in taxes of which, theoretically, a not-inconsequential portion goes to those in need.

In reality? Ha.

I've bit off half my tongue trying not to go political. Not being sarcastic, good post.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    @Darkestnght I hate to break it too you but people are just people, and very rarely does our scope of empathy and consideration expand beyond family and friends. We are tribal by nature, and asking every human to get involved in the suffering of people thousands of miles or 2 miles away just isn't going to happen. Its sad, I know, but it is the nature of nature.

Nothing will change on that front until humanity as a whole adopts a long term perspective with an eye to past mistakes... And we will not see that in our lifetimes.

On a positive end note though: The ground work has been laid for that event to take place, with human interconnectivity higher than it has ever been in the history of our species, our children or their children may be the ones to make the change on a planetary consciousness level that was never possible before this time.

Just a couple minor things to get out of the way first, like nations, religions, arbitrary differences... You see where I'm going with this ;)

@nimander99
    I agree, very well said.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gratz man.

Don't decorate it normally. Turn the entire thing into a maze or sky jumping puzzle.

Cheers!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I actually just left a previous guild I was in, because the GM and a few guildies had some wise-ass comments about how I wasted my money. Plus, I was getting tired of the GM's personality anyway. And just figured screw it. I'd rather just drop guild, and not even deal with the nonsense anymore. I'm pretty sure I'll get flack for it, as it was an end-game trials guild. But honestly? It's whatever. My money. My choice on what I want to spend it on. And even then, I STILL don't regret buying it. Even though I dropped a VMoL end-game trial guild over it. Lol.