The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Midyear Mayhem

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This week on the PTS, we’ll be enabling the Midyear Mayhem event in Cyrodiil on the Vivec campaign for testing! This event is celebrated by Imperial priests of St. Alessia every summer in commemoration of the Whitestrake’s slaughter of Elves at the Bridge of Heldon.

To begin the event, simply visit your alliance’s main gate and talk to the NPC there to acquire the quest “Midyear Mayhem”. Once you complete the quest, you’ll receive a Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity that will grant you double AP for two hours! You’ll also receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box through the regular Rewards for the Worthy mails and after completing standard quests from Alliance base camps that contain:
  • 20-80 Tel Var Stones
  • Either a Soul Gem or a Siege Repair Kit
  • One of the following rare items:
    • Alchemy materials
    • Style Items for Alliance motifs
    • Raw Akaviri Style Item
    • A Daedric Siege Weapon
    • One of the Pelinal housing books
    • A Forward Camp
    • An Alliance Motif chapter or book
    • A Prismatic Runestone
    • An Akaviri Motif chapter or book

For the duration of the event, Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden will also offer gold-quality jewelry in each of the Rewards for the Worthy item sets, in exchange for AP only (not sold for gold.)

Once you’ve had a chance to participate in the event, please give us your feedback:
  • What did you think of the rewards you received?
  • Were you able to find the quest easily?
  • Did you visit the Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden? If so, what did you think of the items listed?
  • Do you have any additional feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden is not present at the South Morrowind gate. Is she sticking to her weekends only schedule or is she supposed to be present every day for the duration of the event?
  • JodaGreyhame
    JodaGreyhame
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have confirmation on this? The way it reads, the Golden should be present every day.
    Orsimer Than You I Am: Orc Warden
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This event is celebrated by Imperial priests of St. Alessia every summer in commemoration of the Whitestrake’s slaughter of Elves at the Bridge of Heldon.

LMAO wat?? :joy:

You’ll also receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box through the regular Rewards for the Worthy mails and after completing standard quests from Alliance base camps that contain:
    • 20-80 Tel Var Stones
    • Either a Soul Gem or a Siege Repair Kit
    • One of the following rare items:
      • Alchemy materials
      • Style Items for Alliance motifs
      • Raw Akaviri Style Item
      • A Daedric Siege Weapon
      • One of the Pelinal housing books
      • A Forward Camp
      • An Alliance Motif chapter or book
      • A Prismatic Runestone
      • An Akaviri Motif chapter or book

I can already tell you without needing to test that these things should be added to RftW with reasonable drop chances, all year long.

Each rewards mail could bring a few repair kits and an alchemy herb or two at the very least, with steeply decreasing drop chances for siege engines, handfuls of soul gems, crafting mats, daedric siege, forward camps, motif chapters and books, AP or tel var multiplier scrolls, etc etc etc.

I'm not asking for you to break the markets with rare items here, but the items earned in RftW mails need to be reworked sooner rather than later. Consumables, mats, siege, and repair kits are a solid way to go since they have continuous demand. Motifs have a demand saturation point, for example, so putting in many of those would crash the market quickly.

Over all, wow this event sounds actually fun to participate in.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we not have a double AP we all saw what happened last time. I'll rather not deal with all the cheating like last time.
  • Iceso
    Iceso
    Soul Shriven
    Please double or better quadruple for that time the xp too, so that low levels can actually leveling in cyrodiil.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Can we not have a double AP we all saw what happened last time. I'll rather not deal with all the cheating like last time.

They added a cooldown at least since then... so you can only flip every 5minutes rather than every 60 seconds.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this new or old rewards for the worth sets that gold jewlery will be available?
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

They added a cooldown at least since then... so you can only flip every 5minutes rather than every 60 seconds.
    @Flaminir can you show me patch notes when they added this.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY a change to rewards for the worthy.

REWARDS FOR THE WORTHY should be changed for when this event ends. As it stands, almost everything that comes in these mails is redundant, and the market is so over saturated that almost all of these pieces sell for 1000-2000g in traders, in the BEST traits. Have it provide alchemy reagents, coldfire siege, motifs, forward camps, or anything that isn't the useless sets that come from it currently. The only items from RFTW that are worth something are sharp willpower swords, sharp VD staffs/swords, and purple robust agility or willpower rings (all of which are more readily available from keyfrag vaults in IC).

As for the event, it looks great and I'm excited to see PvP get spiced up a bit with another event. The double AP factor will certainly draw people to cyrodill for both the ranks and the AP itself. The golden change will be VERY refreshing and will give people a good chance to purchase sets they've been wanting for a while. Just make sure they cost the equivalent of what gold jewelry costs currently from the golden, OR MORE.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@KingJ
    General
      [*]Keeps, Outposts and Resources now have a 5 minute cooldown for granting Alliance Points for capturing; you won’t receive AP for capturing it again until 5 minutes has passed.

Taken from the main Morrowind patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/335600/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-0/p1

The other big point to mention is that ZoS have now come down hard(ish) and actually communicated that the outpost flipping is a bannable offence... last time they knew about it but despite numerous opportunities didn't say anything, which everybody took as a tacit acceptance of the behaviour... so it carried on.

Given that everybody now knows that this is bannable I'd be amazed if more than a handful were stupid enough to risk it.
      Edited by Flaminir on April 25, 2017 3:08PM
      GM of the Unholy Legacy
      EU/EP
      Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
      Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
      DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
      Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
      Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    • KingJ
      KingJ
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingJ
      General
        [*]Keeps, Outposts and Resources now have a 5 minute cooldown for granting Alliance Points for capturing; you won’t receive AP for capturing it again until 5 minutes has passed.

Taken from the main Morrowind patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/335600/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-0/p1

The other big point to mention is that ZoS have now come down hard(ish) and actually communicated that the outpost flipping is a bannable offence... last time they knew about it but despite numerous opportunities didn't say anything, which everybody took as a tacit acceptance of the behaviour... so it carried on.

Given that everybody now knows that this is bannable I'd be amazed if more than a handful were stupid enough to risk it.
        Cool Thank you hopefully the event is after the expansion .
      • ZOS_MSchroeder
        ZOS_MSchroeder
        ✭✭✭✭
        LonePirate wrote: »
        Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden is not present at the South Morrowind gate. Is she sticking to her weekends only schedule or is she supposed to be present every day for the duration of the event?

Adhazabi’s schedule is not changing for the event; only her wares are. She’ll show up at her usual time Friday evening, both on PTS and when the event goes live.
        Michael Schroeder
        Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
        Staff Post
      • Poliwrath
        Poliwrath
        ✭✭✭
        Most of the midyear achievements don't seem to work atm
        Edited by Poliwrath on April 25, 2017 6:23PM
      • IcyDeadPeople
        IcyDeadPeople
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Haven't had a chance to test this yet, but the description sounds like a great idea!
      • Vanthras79
        Vanthras79
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        This event is celebrated by Imperial priests of St. Alessia every summer in commemoration of the Whitestrake’s slaughter of Elves at the Bridge of Heldon.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom / @ZOS_GinaBruno Where is the bridge of Heldon?
        Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Kilandros
        Kilandros
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Not testing anything until you guys get serious about the dozens and dozens of pages of class feedback we've already given.
        Invictus
        Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
        Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
        Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
        Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
      • opaj
        opaj
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Have played with this event a little bit. Giving feedback now, will update if I have time to test further.
        • What did you think of the rewards you received?
          They were nice! As someone who only PvPs rarely, it was nice to get PvP-centric motifs and siege without having to spend my own AP. Would it be possible to add Xivkyn, since that is also only found in PvP zones?
        • Were you able to find the quest easily?
          It was very easy to find after using the event item. My EP character did get slightly turned around when he loaded into the wrong gate, but after a moment's disorientation he found his way.
        • Did you visit the Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden? If so, what did you think of the items listed?
          Obviously haven't been able to do this yet. On live, I would be unlikely to spend my AP on this, but I will update with more feedback if I make it on to test this weekend.
        • Do you have any additional feedback?
          Boy do I ever!

The male Imperial NPC near the quest giver mentions "double rewards" a few times in his dialogue. I thought having a character say this in-universe was a little on the nose.

I enjoyed finding a new volume of the Song of Pelinal near the quest giver! I also enjoyed the exchange between the diplomatic priest and the sermonizing priestess (I tried the event with an AD character specifically to see how the Alessians would be received).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that towns count towards the "capture a keep" achievement. This gave me hope that town dailies might also give the event box as a reward -- sadly, this was not the case. I need to see what other quests will give the box. I hope it isn't only the repeatables in the Alliance bases.

I want to test the conditions for the player-killing achievement. In case someone else has already done so, does this achievement require a killing blow? Or do kill assists count?

[Edit 1, 4/26: Fixed some typos and awkward wording.]
        Edited by opaj on April 26, 2017 8:02AM
      • Dracane
        Dracane
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        And why would I want to anticipate ? The reason behind it is so outrageous and so Anti-Dominion. I will definately not anticipate. Why would I CELEBRATE the slaughter of my own kind and the anniversary of a wretched priestess who founded an empire that would allow 2 daedric princes to cause havoc in Tamriel.

No thanks.
        Edited by Dracane on April 26, 2017 1:15AM
        Auri-El is my lord,
        Trinimac is my shield,
        Magnus is my mind.
      • Poliwrath
        Poliwrath
        ✭✭✭
        Dracane wrote: »
        And why would I want to anticipate ? The reason behind it is so outrageous and so Anti-Dominion. I will definately not anticipate. Why would I CELEBRATE the slaughter of my own kind and the anniversary of a wretched priestess who founded an empire that would allow 2 daedric princes to cause havoc in Tamriel.

No thanks.

And may I say that as a member of the Covenant this holiday has my full support. Excellent work ZOS. #DCpride
      • pareidolon
        pareidolon
        ✭✭✭
        Although I've only PVP'd for the skill lines, I think it's an interesting idea that goes well with how past events have encouraged participation in other areas (such as Witch's Festival, dungeons and dolmens).

However I have a complaint about the achievements. Of those required to get the title for Star-Made Knight, one is for winning an Imperial City district and the other is for winning a Battleground match. That means you need both DLC and Morrowind. These are just a small part of the achievements but they paywall players out of getting the most from this event. Holiday events have in the past been structured to appeal to first-time players as readily as long-time players, and this seems to be a big step in the opposite direction.
      • Carbonised
        Carbonised
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks.

Im assuming we wont see you cheesing around in IC as usual then, shielding up and streaking away when youre outmatched? Good riddance.
      • anitajoneb17_ESO
        anitajoneb17_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        pareidolon wrote: »
        Although I've only PVP'd for the skill lines, I think it's an interesting idea that goes well with how past events have encouraged participation in other areas (such as Witch's Festival, dungeons and dolmens).

However I have a complaint about the achievements. Of those required to get the title for Star-Made Knight, one is for winning an Imperial City district and the other is for winning a Battleground match. That means you need both DLC and Morrowind. These are just a small part of the achievements but they paywall players out of getting the most from this event. Holiday events have in the past been structured to appeal to first-time players as readily as long-time players, and this seems to be a big step in the opposite direction.

I disagree on this.
        While the base game is still huge, the DLC-content is getting quite huge too and restricting holiday events to base game locations would make them feel cramped.
        People who don't want to buy the DLCs just have to live with it, imho. And older DLC-packs (such as IC) are dirt cheap now.
      • Dracane
        Dracane
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Carbonised wrote: »

No thanks.

Im assuming we wont see you cheesing around in IC as usual then, shielding up and streaking away when youre outmatched? Good riddance.

I rather streak away and end the fight, rather than permablocking and spamming heal when outnumbered and destroying everyone's nerves :) At least I can predict what I can win and what not. In real life, you would run from such a situation as well or avoid it. Or will you stand there and let an angry crowd beat you to death if you can choose to escape ?. So please

And no, I will still be doing that. I just won't talk to this NPC.
        Edited by Dracane on April 26, 2017 11:05AM
        Auri-El is my lord,
        Trinimac is my shield,
        Magnus is my mind.
      • Ashamray
        Ashamray
        ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks.

Dominion has 0 connection to Ayleid slaveholders, hello.
        Also, your own Thalmor makes much more chaos in pre-Skyrim events -__-
        Edited by Ashamray on April 26, 2017 11:43AM
        Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
        Battleground Beta Testers
        Cite's Legacy
        Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
        Imperial City feedback and suggestions
      • Dracane
        Dracane
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ashamray wrote: »

No thanks.

It celebrates the slaughter of elves and I don't care what they were, it celebrates the slaughter of elven kind and the Dominion would NEVER celebrate the slaughter of their brethren. It's not a reason to celebrate at all.

I understand that the Empire must be very very proud of their petty "Saint" Alessia and want to celebrate it. But the other part of this event is just so wrong.
        Auri-El is my lord,
        Trinimac is my shield,
        Magnus is my mind.
      • Ashamray
        Ashamray
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ashamray wrote: »

No thanks.

It celebrates the slaughter of elves and I don't care what they were, it celebrates the slaughter of elven kind and the Dominion would NEVER celebrate the slaughter of their brethren. It's not a reason to celebrate at all.

I understand that the Empire must be very very proud of their petty "Saint" Alessia and want to celebrate it. But the other part of this event is just so wrong.

Thanks Thalos Divines TES isn't a game about tolerance
        Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
        Battleground Beta Testers
        Cite's Legacy
        Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
        Imperial City feedback and suggestions
      • Vagabond_Outcast
        Vagabond_Outcast
        ✭✭✭
        it celebrates the slaughter of elven kind and the Dominion would NEVER celebrate the slaughter of their brethren.
        So the Dominion doesn't support killing DunMER and OrsiMER? That's some fresh new lore.
      • DeadlyRecluse
        DeadlyRecluse
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Hey man, I've got 12 slots of AD characters, but celebrating elf murder crosses political boundaries.
        Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
      • Merlin13KAGL
        Merlin13KAGL
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

LMAO wat?? :joy:
        @NightbladeMechanics , nothing says "celebration" like Elven slaughter, I guess :|
        You’ll also receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box through the regular Rewards for the Worthy mails and after completing standard quests from Alliance base
        Can we just keep a couple of the reward boxes (themselves) for storage?

Your box may contain:
        • A: A flower petal
        • B: A trebuchette

lol
        Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
        I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
        Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
      • Dracane
        Dracane
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Chergarka wrote: »
        it celebrates the slaughter of elven kind and the Dominion would NEVER celebrate the slaughter of their brethren.
        So the Dominion doesn't support killing DunMER and OrsiMER? That's some fresh new lore.

Well, they do not celebrate it. Also "Mer" does not mean "Elf" so that's not even a thing. Mer simply means "people"
        This festival celebrates the slaughter of Ayleids, elves (not mer) and in my opinion. Orsimer are not elves at all and Dunmer are just impure look alikes. I personally like Orsimer, I pity them somehow :neutral: Trinimac was such an incredibly big one, one of the biggest gods of all time and I still refuse to believe the Trinimac-Malacath thing. Trinimac stille exists for me and many other Altmer as well.
        Edited by Dracane on April 26, 2017 1:22PM
        Auri-El is my lord,
        Trinimac is my shield,
        Magnus is my mind.