Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Do players deserve a free character class change because of warden?

Djeriko
Djeriko
✭✭✭
With the implementation of Morrowind and the addition of a new character class, ZOS shouldn't be surprised some players are happy and upset at the same time. The question I ask is do you think we should be able to change one or more of our already established characters to warden class instead of forcing us to either delete a character or buy another slot? I personally would be a fan of "everyone gets one free class change token!". With the appearance and race change, it's not so farfetched of an idea to think I don't want to delete something I spent hours earning. They obviously have the ability to change your character so making a character a different class SciJinks be simple. So what are your thoughts? Do you want an ability to change an existing character to warden class?
Edited by Djeriko on April 23, 2017 10:58AM
"When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would love to be able to. It would be nice if it was free but im not opposed to buying it from the store either.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A free extra character slot, yes. A class change? No. Levelling does not take that long.

Also wrong forum.
    Edited by Jaeysa on April 23, 2017 1:55PM
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that there are no character class changes?

Therefore asking for a free one just doesn't make sense, since they don't exist.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS should give us 1 free character slot instead of charging people who have all characters slots filled. Making us pay for warden class than making us pay for a character slot as well to use warden class.

As for a class change I'll have to say no.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try, but no way. Someone should not be able to take a character with 800 skill points, fully maxed lines and passives and roll into Cyrodiil or pve while everyone else is leveling from scratch.

Zos has said they will never support class changes for this reason, and most players totally agree with this principle.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably better suited in general instead of crafting lol

A free extra character slot would be better.

At least people will create a Warden, level it and learn how to play it. Instead of simply changing class and jumping straight in to content thinking they know what they are doing.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    But they should add one free characters slot with the Morrowind expansion. :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else did a poll as to whether they should allow class change, and the results were split. I think a good compromise would be if they allowed ONE class change when Morrowind was released. That would make a lot of people happy, and the anti-class change whiners could stop howling afterward.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only really play one character and I have to say, I would very much like to change class to Warden. I have played a druid class in EQ2 since launch and I was definitely disappointed when ESO didnt launch with a similar class.

I am, in general, not a supporter of class changes, but in this instance, being given the choice to change my main to Warden would be a welcome one.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, why would they?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with class changes, but only if you have ground that class out on your account already. I don't think you should be able to switch to warden upon release having never played it before. Doesn't make sense. Race changes on the other hand, I am all for it because of the major changes coming.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be, but zos may because it will be a pathetically easy cash grab.
    225px-Fry_Bender_promo.jpg
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No for class change yes for free character slot.
  • Amayna
    Amayna
    ✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    With the implementation of Morrowind and the addition of a new character class, ZOS shouldn't be surprised some players are happy and upset at the same time. The question I ask is do you think we should be able to change one or more of our already established characters to warden class instead of forcing us to either delete a character or buy another slot? I personally would be a fan of "everyone gets one free class change token!". With the appearance and race change, it's not so farfetched of an idea to think I don't want to delete something I spent hours earning. They obviously have the ability to change your character so making a character a different class SciJinks be simple. So what are your thoughts? Do you want an ability to change an existing character to warden class?

After what they did to Templar, I would hope so... however there is money to be made so good luck with that
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I got a free class change, or class change in general, it sure wouldn't get spend on changing to a Warden.
    Stamina Dragonknights or Stamina Sorcerers are far stronger so I would probably go with one of those.
    Would love to play something more potent than a Stamina Templar but he is simply too well developed now to start all over.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know what'd happen? Everyone would change to Warden so we'd have a ton of Flawless Wardens running around having absolutely no idea what they're doing, actually giving the class a bad name, then the eventual hype would go off and half of these people would realize they don't actually like being Wardens and come cry on forums for another (free) class change, saying ZOS has ruined the game for them by baiting them into a different class they don't like and are now stuck with.

No, we don't need it, and we most certainly don't need it for free. A free extra character slot, perhaps, but not a class change.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free slot not free classes.

I mean "free" slot as part of the expansion purchase.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been brought up so many times and my answer is simply no.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New slot maybe but class Change no
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody "deserves" anything here.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No class change, under any circumstances or at any time.

Whether one of the extra character slots should be free is another matter altogether. I think it probably should be free to Morrowind purchasers, and in the Crown Store for those who don't buy Morrowind.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.... that said there should be one free character slot provided for Morrowind buyers.
  • Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i'm agree.

It should be normal from Bethesda to create a new class and to give a "free" slot.
    Because, remember, we pay a new expansion, so why don't we have that "little" thing ? We also have to pay for it, it's unacceptable.
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    A free extra character slot, yes. A class change? No. Levelling does not take that long.

Also wrong forum.

Good job!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    Do you want an ability to change an existing character to warden class?
    No.

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, we do not.. Adding a new character does not, imo, mean that we should freely be allowed to change
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling via questing is hard and long, so at least for me will be better to switch class to another and continue to explore lands.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't use it. I want to play my warden through from the start, not convert an existing character into one.

Whether it should be a function that's available for players to purchase if they want it is another matter. That I would support. But it'd be a complete waste for ZOS to give me one because I'd almost certainly never use it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A free slot would be great!

Not sure about free class change or not though. Seeing fully maxed out Wardens immediately would be odd but grinding Mages Guild, Undaunted, etc is tedious. Mostly Mages Guild since I'm on console.

I'd lean toward the "no" side regardless cause class change is an odd way to go about it imo and leveling a new class is a cool experience.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 25, 2017 11:35AM