The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Partial Lift of NDA for Update 14

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

As of right now, we are partially lifting the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) specifically for the balance changes made to the four existing classes. This means you’ll be allowed to talk publicly outside of this forum area about the changes for the four existing classes and how they affect your character on the PTS in different scenarios, including how your characters perform in the new Battlegrounds and Trial.

Please note that the NDA still applies to any content in the Morrowind Chapter such as Vvardenfell, the Warden class, Battlegrounds, and Halls of Fabrication. For the latter two, it’s fine to discuss how your characters perform in them for the sake of class performance and balance discussions, but please refrain from divulging details about the Battlegrounds and Trial.

If you have any questions about this, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what about the new gear sets? Those may have some affect on group balance. Not sure why the details of new sets aren't included in the patch notes in the first place.

Edit: and just to be clear, those of us who play on console (which is a pretty big chunk of the population at this point) can't really test on PTS, so any additional information that can be published would be a huge help to us console plebs.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 20, 2017 7:31PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to read better. I had just assumed the base patch stuff was fair game. Glad to know it is ok now.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

As of right now, we are partially lifting the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) specifically for the balance changes made to the four existing classes. This means you’ll be allowed to talk publicly outside of this forum area about the changes for the four existing classes and how they affect your character on the PTS in different scenarios, including how your characters perform in the new Battlegrounds and Trial.

Please note that the NDA still applies to any content in the Morrowind Chapter such as Vvardenfell, the Warden class, Battlegrounds, and Halls of Fabrication. For the latter two, it’s fine to discuss how your characters perform in them for the sake of class performance and balance discussions, but please refrain from divulging details about the Battlegrounds and Trial.

Because the NDA wasn't confusing enough already...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also means, I take it, that you can disclose whether you are or are not in the closed beta, yes? That seems unavoidable when talking about experiences in the battlegrounds or trial.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    This also means, I take it, that you can disclose whether you are or are not in the closed beta, yes? That seems unavoidable when talking about experiences in the battlegrounds or trial.

As it stands, you are allowed to talk about experiences you could only have if you were in the closed beta, but you are not allowed to reveal that you are in the closed beta.

ZOS the rules are too confusing pls 2 nerf
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno yeah how should anyone know what is ok to talk about or not.... just do away with that silly nda it has 0 sense anyway.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what about the new gear sets? Those may have some affect on group balance. Not sure why the details of new sets aren't included in the patch notes in the first place.

Edit: and just to be clear, those of us who play on console (which is a pretty big chunk of the population at this point) can't really test on PTS, so any additional information that can be published would be a huge help to us console plebs.

Yes, that's fine. We'll also add a description for each item set in Monday's PTS patch notes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

The part you should also bold is the last sentence, which clarifies this:

"For the latter two, it’s fine to discuss how your characters perform in them for the sake of class performance and balance discussions, but please refrain from divulging details about the Battlegrounds and Trial."
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    While it is implied, when it comes to NDAs (or any contract) and their modifications, everything should be clearly specified to avoid issues like this one.
    So, is it official that players with access to Morrowind can admit it, or are such admissions still considered under NDA?
    Var var var
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Yes, that's fine. We'll also add a description for each item set in Monday's PTS patch notes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Awesome, thanks!
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good decision. I was going to make a post asking exactly that.

2/3 of your players can't access the PTS and just reading the patch notes was terrible. PC people, please share your tests for us console players that can't go in there.
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi

Any changes to the RNG system or any kind of token system planned for future PTS updates or in the final Morrowind patch.

Thanks for your time
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

"For the latter two, it’s fine to discuss how your characters perform in them for the sake of class performance and balance discussions, but please refrain from divulging details about the Battlegrounds and Trial."

Yes, sorry, you're right I should have. It's still quite confusing though as other mentioned, if you're in closed beta you shouldn't tell anyone but you're allowed to mention battlegrounds in how you well your class does but not actually talk about the battlegrounds itself. It's just weird.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 20, 2017 8:33PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... I guess I'll start getting some information to post.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Yes, sorry, you're right I should have. It's still quite confusing though as other mentioned, if you're in closed beta you shouldn't tell anyone but you're allowed to mention battlegrounds in how you well your class does but not actually talk about the battlegrounds itself. It's just weird.

I have to agree with this. The NDA was poorly worded, the PTS patch notes in which was a nerf was poorly written as if it was a buff... I mean I get you're just relaying info, Gina... But it's getting to the point where Update 14 in general is a hot potato and no one wants to even touch it.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's kind of weird as it contradicts that statement as well. I think the NDA should probably be re-worded and re-posted to be more clear as to the intent -- with a "what you can talk about" and "what you can not discuss" section.
    Edited by Preyfar on April 20, 2017 9:31PM
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Question can we do videos on the new changes to the 3 base classes balance and the champion point system from test or are we not allowed to yet?
    Edited by Nolic1 on April 20, 2017 11:54PM
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Randactyl
    Randactyl
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Gina spittin hot fire :clap: :thumbsup:

edit: it's really not that difficult to understand.

You are free to talk about how your characters of the four vanilla classes feel in Update 14 scenarios, which now includes saying things like "In battlegrounds I feel more effective on my magsorc due to x passive change" or "in the new trial I feel less effective on my healer Templar due to the synergy change for x skill".

You are still not permitted to update 14 content. This includes things like the Warden class, architecture of the battleground arenas, scoring mechanics of battlegrounds game types, domination flag capture speed, enrage timers in the trial, that the 10th boss in the trial is a sentient sweetroll with a 50 million point damage shield, etc.
    Edited by Randactyl on April 20, 2017 11:16PM
    Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact! | Sun's Death, Chrysamere Pact

My Addons
    Beta Addons
    Check out my GitHub repos to follow my latest changes and see some addons before they are released.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you welcome community feedback? Are they going to readjust the changes made in the last Patch Note? Please bring good news!
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't get an invite can you still test the base game changes on pts? I'm confused
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would that mean that streamers are able to stream gameplay of base game areas and base game classes?
    As long as they don't show Vvardenfell and any new content under NDA, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to SHOW if they are allowed to talk about it.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    If you didn't get an invite can you still test the base game changes on pts? I'm confused

Yes, but it's also under NDA except as noted above by Gina.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we stream/record/etc the non Morrowind PTS material since that NDA portion has been lifted?
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Giliamtherogue - can you please let us know your views on how a NB saptank performs now the NDA is partially lifted taking into consideration the recent sustain/balance changes.
    Edited by aeowulf on April 21, 2017 8:42AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina this was all a trap :s , but seriously talking about Templars right now just gets you going in circles. As such your job is hard.
  • Floliroy
    Floliroy
    ✭✭✭
    Can we stream/record/etc the non Morrowind PTS material since that NDA portion has been lifted?

I want to know too :3
    YoutubeFacebookTwitchTwitter
    PvE Scores - Titles
    PC - EU

GodSlayer
    Gryphon Heart | Dawnbringer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer
    The Unchained | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | The Flawless Conqueror

vAA : 154.949 (WR) | vHRC : 164.513 (WR) | vSO : 158.340
    vMoL : 164.538 | vHoF : 232.939 (WR) | vAS : 114.451
    vCR : 134.630 | vSS : 249.683 | vKA : 252.409 (WR)
    vDSA : 47.895 | vBRP: 103.140
    AddOn Author : HowToBeam - AsylumOlorime - DebuffMe - SpeedRun - ShowBlastbones - HowToSunspire - AddonCategory
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    When in doubt, do not shout.

I'll just keep lips sealed...easier than trying to wrap my tiny little mind around what is and is not allowed to say B)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you stream/make videos about the 4 base class changes and test?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nolic1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Question can we do videos on the new changes to the 3 base classes balance and the champion point system from test or are we not allowed to yet?
    Yes, that's fine. "Talking" in this case can be via text or video, but make sure you're not showing any of the new content in Morrowind (Vvardenfell, the Trial, BGs).

Did you welcome community feedback? Are they going to readjust the changes made in the last Patch Note? Please bring good news!
    We always welcome feedback, and everyone is reading even if you don't see a public reply. :) We do have some tweaks coming to next week's PTS incremental, but please don't expect to see a complete 180 on some of the gameplay-related changes. Keyword here is tweaks.

BuddyAces wrote: »
    Yes, this has always been the case.

Mulcibur wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you stream/make videos about the 4 base class changes and test?
    Yes. Again, as mentioned above, just make sure you're not streaming in Vvardenfell or showing any of the content from Morrowind. Being in any of the existing zones is fine.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post