The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable to log in, stuck on load screen

chuck-18_ESO
chuck-18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
When I enter my info and try to log in, the subsequent load screen just never loads. I'm not banned, I can access my account on the webpage, I've run repairs and restarted multiple times. Help?
The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I can log in but the client times out, and apparently is not connecting.
  • David_ESM
    David_ESM
    Soul Shriven
    Been happening to me all day. 10 hours now.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After doing the repair option, my issue has been solved. Looks like the launcher just timed out. I suggest others try this over and over. I had to do this twice as well as making sure my AV software was temporarily on hold.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Error 308 usually occurs due to inactivity. If you are away from the keyboard for a certain amount of time, the server will disconnect you automatically. This may also happen during particularly long loading times when the server is busy or if you haven't touched your keyboard or mouse in a while.

If you get this error, you should exit the game, check your network connection, and try again.

If the issue persists, you should ensure that your machine meets the game's minimum requirements.

If you do meet the game's requirements, you can try lowering your video settings (such as resolution) from the main menu and try again..
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • David_ESM
    David_ESM
    Soul Shriven
    Has nothing to do with that.

Have played hundreds of hours no issue. And then beginning yesterday morning, upon loading the game, enter password, goes to loading screen, then will time out a few minutes later without ever entering the game.

Nothing to do with the network connection, game requirements, or video settings.

Still can not log on this morning. Have been unable to log in since the patch.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    David_ESM wrote: »
    Has nothing to do with that.

Have played hundreds of hours no issue. And then beginning yesterday morning, upon loading the game, enter password, goes to loading screen, then will time out a few minutes later without ever entering the game.

Nothing to do with the network connection, game requirements, or video settings.

Still can not log on this morning. Have been unable to log in since the patch.

There was a patch yesterday. Who knows what Zos changed. As well, first loadscreen is always longer than normal. Did you try lower the video settings? Just as a temporary measure even.

Ex. Although your PC is probably better, I have an old laptop I play ESO on when I travel. In order to get through the first load screen after a patch I must turn the video settings down. Once in game I can turn them back up and leave them there and can log in fine.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 4, 2017 3:55PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update - finally managed to get in after an age and many time outs. There needs to be a solution for this because it's broken in some way, and not to do with connections or specs

Hi there

I wondered if anyone had a solution for this now?

I've just re-subbed (stupid me) and have updated the game, but I still can't get past the endless loading screen to character select.

I've tried everything - repairs, reducing settings, windowed, full screen. I've renamed my old addons and savedvariables files to .old. My drivers are up-to-date. I've checked that my anti-virus is allowing ESO through. I'm running both launcher and exe files as Administrator.

Incidentally, I've played the game before on this machine and it used to run fine.

Any other suggestions gratefully received. I'm dangerously close to asking for a refund on my sub.
    Edited by Magenpie on April 5, 2017 8:22AM
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue I play on PS4 and bought the online PC version to play the PTS but after I installed the game and several repairs I cant even log in to the character screen. Not sure what to do.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.