The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spriggan doesn't give endless hail the penetration if used on weapons

OrphanHelgen
OrphanHelgen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Pretty much what the title says. Having the 5 piece bonus of spriggan on weapons, doesn't give the penetration to endless hail. I get penetration from twicefanged and kragh. If I use hunding's rage on weapons, the 300 weapon dmg goes to endless hail, so shouldn't spriggans penetration do the same?
PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Does endless hail benefit from penetration? Dots like rending slashes definitely don't since they already ignore physical resistance.
    PS4/EU
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheWiesi wrote: »
    Does endless hail benefit from penetration? Dots like rending slashes definitely don't since they already ignore physical resistance.

I tested with kragh and twicefanged, and both of those boosted endless hail dmg.
    Yes bleed dmg seam to ignore ressistance, such as twin slash, axe bleed and the two hander cleave attack.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on March 29, 2017 12:11PM

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We took a look into this and, unfortunately, were not able to reproduce the issue you're seeing. What monsters specifically were you testing against?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We took a look into this and, unfortunately, were not able to reproduce the issue you're seeing. What monsters specifically were you testing against?

Was testing on skeleton. I also tested the prismatic rune, and didn't work either. If you say you tested it and it worked, I appretiate the effort and I will go do more details testing as well as thanking you for making my builds and theorycrafting more viable if this work.

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I still get no benefit from 5 piece spriggan on endless hail when the 5 piece spriggan are in weapons on my dual wield bar. tested on skeleton very carefully. Used endless hail, wpn swapped and noted down numbers. Replaced one spriggan weapon with random weapon with same stats. Used endless hail, wpn swapped and noted down numbers. Numbers was identical. This is not the case when using for example hundings rage weapons, where endless hail get the current weapon damage stats.