The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transferring ESO Account & Characters to Steam

Areyn13
Areyn13
Soul Shriven
Hey, I was just wondering if it's at all possible to use my existing ESO Account (& Characters) on PC & Log-in/Transfer it to the Steam version of the game?
  • Janz
    Janz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm interested in this as well. Somehow I doubt it will work though.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam, retail, and digital purchases playable on PC are all PC versions of the game. The only difference with Steam is that it is integrated with the Steam client. If you have a purchase of the game in Steam you only need to log into the game using your usual credentials. You can find more details here. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea this was added. Players had been asking for this for a long time and I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger announcement or maybe I just missed it.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    I did this 5 months ago because I wanted to be able to pay for subscriptions with my Steam wallet, if I was so inclined. When I purchased Steam version I was expecting to get 1 or 2 months of ESO plus, like I got when I bought a $30 ESO code (that could also be used to start a new account) from GameStop, but that did not happen. So felt like a bit of a ripoff. But at least I bought it on sale.
    Surragard wrote: »
    I had no idea this was added. Players had been asking for this for a long time and I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger announcement or maybe I just missed it.

Well you still have to buy the game, again, on Steam and then tie the accounts together rather then starting a new account. DO NOT mess that last step up!

Edited by Edda on April 5, 2017 4:36PM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]