The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Targeted for name change when my name falls under code of conduct

Synapsis123
Synapsis123
✭✭✭✭
What should I do if my name has been flagged for changing? I've read over the code of conduct and it doesn't seem to be breaking any rules. I had a lot of people rage telling me in pvp the other day so I believe some of these people might have targeted me in any way possible to harm me. Character name that was flagged was Gypsy Goat, which is just a goat owned by Gypsies. Any chance I can get in contact with customer support and see what they say? Considering the name change came on a Saturday at around 11 am, which is 12 hours after the last time I logged in I doubt this was anything but an automated change. What is my course of action?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just weird . The rule as I understand it is you have to change the name of they tell you to . If you don't you get suspended . I have no idea why gypsy goat would be offensive or controversial . After you've changed it you can appeal to have it back by submitting tickets and replying back until it's resolved with a decision .
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've made a ticket and I'm just going to leave those characters. I haven't been suspended and I never received an email.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made a ticket and I'm just going to leave those characters. I haven't been suspended and I never received an email.

I think you miss understood . I was saying if you don't comply and change the name when they ask you to , they can and most times will suspend the account later for not complying . I'm just trying to give you a heads up and not saying I understand or agree with why they are doing that to your character . So you don't try to login in a day a two and wonder why the account is locked .
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with being the greatest of all time?
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goats are sacred offering, how dare you filth thy name whilst calling it a gypsy goat.

Yea it sounded stupid in my head to
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a reply saying the name is fine. I heard their customer support sucked, but that was fast.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats ! I'm glad they fixed it fast .
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they didn't actually fix it though. Customer support told me the name was fine and to just rename it to the same thing, but I can't because it says invalid name. I'm assuming they need to fix it, but at least I know my name is safe.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably find 'gypsy' is politically incorrect these days, it certainly is in Britain, try the word 'traveler'. LOL
    Edited by KerinKor on March 19, 2017 4:14PM
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Probably find 'gypsy' is politically incorrect these days, it certainly is in Britain, try the word 'traveler'. LOL

I prefer Ike with a PY included.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your name was incorrectly changed you should reply to the name change email to ask for further information on the context of the change. The forums cannot assist with this.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.