The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: March 17 @ 3:00PM EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: March 17 @ 3:00PM EDT. If you're interested in PvP Battlegrounds, you won't want to miss our next ESO Live on Twitch tomorrow! Below is our full show schedule:
  • Recent ESO news and updates
  • Live walking tour of Battlegrounds with Creative Director Rich Lambert and Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler
  • Discussion about Battlegrounds rulesets – Deathmatch, Domination, and Capture the Flag
  • Chat about recent hot topics
  • Showcase of ESO fan creations
  • A giveaway sometime during the show
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much of a PvP player but still looking forward to the show!

What recent hot topics can we expect?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hot topic: can we expect removal of unresistable gap-closers' snare in Morrowind?
    P.S.: Show us at least one rewarding battleground set?
    Edited by Cinbri on March 17, 2017 8:59AM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brian Wheeler, high hopes dude...Live up to the hype!
    The Flyers
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Live walking tour of Battlegrounds with Creative Director Rich Lambert and Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler
    Will this involve Rich and Brian fighting one another? Because if it does I made an advertisement poster for it.

i5kax9T.png
    Edited by Turelus on March 16, 2017 6:29PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hoping they go I to some details about battlegrounds I have 2 concerns
    1. will there be some balence between premade groups and solo players I really hope they don't let premade groups and solo players queue up together
    2. I hope that they limit the number of certain classes because every game will end up being 4v4v4 blazing shields Templars that can't be killed just sitting on the flag or objectives or 4v4v4 mag Nightblades with destro ults just chessing it in team deathmatch

hopefully battlegrounds follow the 1 tank, 1 healer 2 dps set up pve group finder has and this is the most important part that will make or break battlegrounds absolutely no duplicate classes everyone in the group must be a different class so what I mentioned above doesn't happen.

Im pretty sure ZOS will screw up battlegrounds so I really don't care for it.

Edited by RebornV3x on March 16, 2017 7:26PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ice_Eye
    Ice_Eye
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    1. will there be some balence between premade groups and solo players I really hope they don't let premade groups and solo players queue up together

In regards to 1, Zenimax has already said previously on either the forums or an eso live (or both) that the queue will take into account premade groups and try to match them up against each other.
    May the moons watch over you all.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got better things to do,like drinking. It's st pats afterall.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    hopefully battlegrounds follow the 1 tank, 1 healer 2 dps set up pve group finder has

I seem to recall they specifically said this will NOT happen. What good would it do anyway? People already cheat the system by claiming to be a role they're not.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope they talk about the cp changes they are doing
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye let's have some details about the cp changes and how these changes will affect game play. And are their any plans to make two handed weapons count as two set pieces?
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on March 17, 2017 5:51AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echoing the CP changes information. The Khajiit's out the bag so let's catch it and clean it up before things get messy.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we see the warden today?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Be sure to get Rich and Brian to talk about nearly unkillable tank builds and their impact on Battlegrounds. That seems to be the biggest concern that I hear from anyone.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that the US is now on Daylight Savings. Don't miss ESO Live by an hour like I did last year!

Time of ESO Live in your location:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ESO+Live&iso=20170317T15&p1=419&ah=1
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am expecting that they are going to discuss the CP changes in the 'Chat about recent hot topics' category.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I, like everyone else, is SO hyped for "Morrowind" and look forward to revisiting my first TES experience, but......
    Can we get some news or insights on things such as:

Housing editor improvements? Making books work on shelves, disappearing items, etc?
    Are "Guild Halls" on the future horizon? ( Pretty Please with Moon Sugar on top?)
    Increasing item caps to housing? Is storage even on the table?
    Results of "Cyrodiil No-CP Lag Test Week"?
    Videos and such from PaxEast?
    Why is the "Jester's Festival" not during the traditional date, i.e. 28th Rain's Hand( 28th April)?
    And of course, last but not least, return of "Lore Segments" and Loremaster Lawrence Shicks return?

But all in all, So happy ESO Live is back and Thank You for a awesome job!!
    Huzzah!!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on March 17, 2017 5:00PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I am expecting that they are going to discuss the CP changes in the 'Chat about recent hot topics' category.
    Your assumption is correct. :)

Anhedonie wrote: »
    Not today. We're going to be focusing on Battlegrounds for this show, but we'll be featuring the Warden for the next show in 2 weeks.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: 27mins until the stream starts:
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Your assumption is correct. :)

Anhedonie wrote: »
    Not today. We're going to be focusing on Battlegrounds for this show, but we'll be featuring the Warden for the next show in 2 weeks.

Yay! It's good to hear.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Question! - Any news on DirectX 12 development progress for performance increases? :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great show and lots of info, thanks all!

Looking forward to Battleground after seeing them and hearing no CP.
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the name of the battleground Ularra and thought that sounded like my username. Depending on how people pronounce it, that's gonna confuse me a bit :P
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    Alarra wrote: »
    I heard the name of the battleground Ularra and thought that sounded like my username. Depending on how people pronounce it, that's gonna confuse me a bit :P

"Hey pals, let's go in Ularra !"