The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlegrounds Feature #1 – Ald Carac"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
56b7d6800ca7aeb958d3942be2bc1079.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Battlegrounds Feature #1 – Ald Carac. To help you prepare for the battles to come, we are featuring Vvardenfell's battlefields all month. The first map to be covered? The mysterious Dwarven ruins of Ald Carac.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATTENTION ALL HEALERS:.........................Don't wear white.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    urban warfare!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it!
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    de_dust_map.jpg
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh...
    My home away from home <3
  • fwr.phoenixub17_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , what does "Carac" mean? It's an Ayleid word, but we don't have a proper translation for it.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks amazing so far, keep going with this awesome details :)@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who thought they would probably avoid Battlegrounds this has me much more interested in them.

Also that read really well, so props to whoever did the writing and editing on it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish it wasn't 4v4v4 I dislike this whole 3 faction type game play it will be like Cyrodil just on a smaller scale were two teams just gang up on 1 team well I can't wait to hear more but I just know ZOS is going to mess it up and people are going to be able to use cheese and cancer builds to dominate get ready for that 4v4v4 blazing shield or destro ult action
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    I just wish it wasn't 4v4v4 I dislike this whole 3 faction type game play it will be like Cyrodil just on a smaller scale were two teams just gang up on 1 team well I can't wait to hear more but I just know ZOS is going to mess it up and people are going to be able to use cheese and cancer builds to dominate get ready for that 4v4v4 blazing shield or destro ult action

Go brown team!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar camping anyone and magblade be like a ninja with a nuke
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the other two maps are more open. I suffer from in game motion sickness in confined spaces. I can only play IC for 30mins at a time and vma is too much bucket time with all the camera movement needed for me to even bother with.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    Hopefully the other two maps are more open. I suffer from in game motion sickness in confined spaces. I can only play IC for 30mins at a time and vma is too much bucket time with all the camera movement needed for me to even bother with.

Have you ever tried changing the camera's field of view? Maybe a wider FoV might help.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I wonder what thought has gone in to help with the level of abuse which is going to come from these.

I hate to say it but we know this community is pretty rude when it comes to other players performing to their expectations, so if doing PUG groups with this has there been any thought into how to stop players just smack talking the flag runner when they die or new players who don't use meta builds?

I am hardly new to PvP but never been top tier 1vX in skill, so I really want to play these and have fun but worry about the abuse I will get when I inevitably screw up some how.

Other than just ignoring them and screenshotting all their abuse to share with my friends and make fun of of course.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The map looks good, and domination having 4 capture points is great.

But we need queue and leaderboard details. WoW does it wrong by allowing full groups to queue against solo players. FFXIV seperate full groups but still did it wrong. They had a seperate full group queue of 4 (good) but they allowed groups of up to 3 queue for the "solo" queue.

It took about 2 days for the full group queue to become mostly empty, and all of the competitive players to queue in groups of 3. This was very unfun for anyone solo or even duo queueing. Sometimes you would be the solo guy and get a good group of 3. A lot of the time you would be part of the 4 pugs against an organized group of 3, plus 1 guy.

Leaderboard as a seperate queue will not save us from this. More likely it will just lead to collusion.
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on March 16, 2017 1:09PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno , what does "Carac" mean? It's an Ayleid word, but we don't have a proper translation for it.
    Strange that a Dwemer ruin is named with an Ayleid word. I don't know of any other crossovers between Ayleidoon and Dwemeris.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Seregolas
    Seregolas
    I hope that ESO considers creating battlegrounds in a format of 6 vs 6
    It would be interesting if they could apply a similar system like in the campaign in "For Honor" for the three separate factions so the bgs have a minor "world" impact and the faction identity becomes further enhanced with rewards for the participants at the end of a season. So people of one faction benefit from taking part actively in the "campaign".
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seregolas wrote: »
    I hope that ESO considers creating battlegrounds in a format of 6 vs 6
    It would be interesting if they could apply a similar system like in the campaign in "For Honor" for the three separate factions so the bgs have a minor "world" impact and the faction identity becomes further enhanced with rewards for the participants at the end of a season. So people of one faction benefit from taking part actively in the "campaign".

I like that idea. 4v4v4 as someone stated earlier, just going to end up double teaming one team first. It still looks interesting and still going to try battlegrounds.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally more strategies less spamming and zerging. Objectives tactics and great builds...