The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind – Vvardenfell Then and Now"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
45e3ea423b7da8b8fadb536e1e473a4d.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the ESO: Morrowind – Vvardenfell Then and Now blog article.

For the first time since 2002, you’ll be able to return to the home of the Dark Elves in The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. But this isn’t the same Vvardenfell you once knew. It is now the Second Era, around 700 years prior to the events of The Elder Scrolls III. This means that while some characters and locations may seem familiar, not everything will be exactly as you remember.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another really nice lore article. My favourite bit is the xplanation of why we see new animals (vaardvarks- lol) that aren't there later. I am officially boarding the hype train.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you thank you for spelling out that the place has changed in the next 800 years or so. <3
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House will free Morrowind of foreign rulers and divine pretenders. When the land is swept clean of 'false friends' and 'greedy thieves', the children of Veloth 'will build anew a garden of plenty in this blighted wasteland" - Dagoth Gares.
    morrowind_landschaft_by_lukkar-d8iemow.jpg
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom The article mentions "the western township of Vos". That should be eastern ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am totes ready for a glorious biomic Renaissance. Grazelands, here I come!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah,

I wonder if that cave just right towards Silt Strider in Seyda Neen exists. Every time I start, I end up there. My first sweet spot.
    Edited by Daimmyo on March 9, 2017 7:33PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom The article mentions "the western township of Vos". That should be eastern ;)

Good catch! We must have been holding our map upside-down. ;) We're fixing it.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember this when you end up in Maine instead of Disney World. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

Did the same happen with Imperial City?.. xD
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    Urgh... 30 degrees... how did they mess up Imperial City by THIRTY DEGREES?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc They were using Tamriel's magnetic North instead of true North?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I initially read it as being western in relation to Vos, which it is (or will be), so it made sense. The way you wrote it now makes sense as well I guess :P

"If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw that's just twisting from the giant anchor wrenching it partway into Coldharbor, you trust.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Aw that's just twisting from the giant anchor wrenching it partway into Coldharbor, you trust.
    See I would completely accept that if they actually had some lore stating that. But if that was the case, you would have though they would have gone to great lengths to explain it. The way it seems right now is that someone just screwed up.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    See I would completely accept that if they actually had some lore stating that. But if that was the case, you would have though they would have gone to great lengths to explain it. The way it seems right now is that someone just screwed up.

In fact, that is what they said happened. In an ESO Live, if I recall correctly.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there will be announcement of eso live today? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they do it live from PAX East, no.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so can we enter into lands aligned with the Pact if we are not part of that faction?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    so can we enter into lands aligned with the Pact if we are not part of that faction?
    @Rickter Yes, but that's not new. Since launch we've been able to do that at Level 50, and since One Tamriel we've been able to do that at any level.
  • Aldmera
    Aldmera
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't the animal's name be spelled " Vvaardvark"?

I mean, this is serious business. You are creating whole new species in TES universe.
    Can I get a response on this from Lore Master Lawrence? I need a pronunciation video.

/ˈVɑrdˌvɑrk/ ? /Va:d:va:k/ ?? /F'aed:fark/???
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmera wrote: »
    Shouldn't the animal's name be spelled " Vvaardvark"?
    I don't think so. Given the armoured nature of the creature, we should assume from Ehlnofexian etymology the root "vvard", the Dwemeris for "strong shield". This is the same as Vvardenfell "City of the Strong Shield". There's not really any precedent for there being two "a"s in vvard.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 14, 2017 4:41PM