The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind – Battlegrounds Basics"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind – Battlegrounds Basics. Soon, you and your companions will be able to take to the field in Battlegrounds, a new fast-paced PvP game mode exclusive to The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4man malubeth tankplar hype
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First?

Seriously why has no one else commented on this yet?

Awesome though looking forward to playing these (even if I suck at PvP).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DAMN IT ELIAS IF IT WAS ANYONE TO SNIPE IT WOULD BE YOU WOULDN'T IT!
    Edited by Turelus on March 8, 2017 6:56PM
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Finally some details on the the much anticipated BGs! Good stuff so far.

Can't wait for the nitty gritty details or for more on this topic during an up and coming ESO Live stream.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if you're an objective-minded team player or a lone wolf, you will receive rewards and recognition based on how you want to play.

What? Rewards for players that don't play for objectives in BG?
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    First?

Seriously why has no one else commented on this yet?
    'Cos PVP is boring and a waste of scarce dev. resources?

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO: Morrowind – Battlegrounds Basics. Soon, you and your companions will be able to take to the field in Battlegrounds, a new fast-paced PvP game mode exclusive to The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind!

"and you are able to specify a desired level range (10-49 or 10-50) with the game type randomly determined."

yeaaaaaah :smiley: !!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

xqKLhnN.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xqKLhnN.jpg
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won't this be very easy to exploit? With organized groups fighting each other's alts (who will not fight back) and thus rack up quick, dominant victories?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Won't this be very easy to exploit? With organized groups fighting each other's alts (who will not fight back) and thus rack up quick, dominant victories?

Your opponents would be random, the issue is 4 exploiters grouping up and running over regulars.
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this will be interesting to see how hard of a meta will form.

If there is a hard meta to follow, the game would be against itself in regards to how free the game is suppose to be, build wise.

Another issue I could see is that if ZoS is slow to balance right, this could shorten the life of this mode.

I still have hopes though, just gotta make sure the rewards are unique!
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    teams in Battlegrounds are not bound by Alliance, but are made up of players from any of the three factions. In Battlegrounds, you're not fighting for Queen Ayrenn, High King Emeric, or Jorunn the Skald-King, but for the Pit Daemons (Green), Fire Drakes (Orange), or Storm Lords (Purple).

How does one get into one of these Battleground factions? I suppose players simply choose? What if my friend chooses team purple and I choose team green? Can we never group together for Battlegrounds? Can players reverse their choice later and get into a different Battleground faction?

Why do these Battleground factions exist? Does every player on team purple get some kind of benefit if team purple wins more matches than the other two? Do they play some role in grouping, scoring, or rewards?

Edit: @ZOS_GinaBruno care to clarify? Or is this information that we'll need to wait for?
    Edited by casparian on March 8, 2017 8:07PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

4man malubeth warden hype.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will you work out so premade team don't ruin it for the random pug teams?
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that the group finder/matching making system for BG's functions better than the current dungeon model.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they at least disable CP for these. Otherwise it's just going to be all unkillable ulti trains.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I hope they at least disable CP for these. Otherwise it's just going to be all unkillable ulti trains.

No thx. i gained my CP.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cool, so you DO earn alliance points!! I was so worried that there was going to be a second incredibly-long rank progression grind, so I'm glad that no matter what kind of PvP I want to do that day I'll still earn progress towards it. Great idea!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect this to have the same problem of premade-vs-pug as every other battleground-style game i ever played. Only thing im looking forward to is having less of the former in cyrodiil.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of fun, I can't wait! :)
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Random Arena in GW1 - which is mode I really liked.

Or team versus team.

This will be interesting to me.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    How will you work out so premade team don't ruin it for the random pug teams?

In an interview @ZOS_BrianWheeler said that the matchmaking system will attempt to match premade groups with other premade groups and pug groups with other pug groups. Only in cases where the premade group has been in queue for a long time will it get matched up with random pug teams.

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/interviews/brian-wheeler-talks-pvp-in-morrowind-1000011585
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    teams in Battlegrounds are not bound by Alliance, but are made up of players from any of the three factions. In Battlegrounds, you're not fighting for Queen Ayrenn, High King Emeric, or Jorunn the Skald-King, but for the Pit Daemons (Green), Fire Drakes (Orange), or Storm Lords (Purple).

How does one get into one of these Battleground factions? I suppose players simply choose? What if my friend chooses team purple and I choose team green? Can we never group together for Battlegrounds? Can players reverse their choice later and get into a different Battleground faction?

Why do these Battleground factions exist? Does every player on team purple get some kind of benefit if team purple wins more matches than the other two? Do they play some role in grouping, scoring, or rewards?

Edit: @ZOS_GinaBruno care to clarify? Or is this information that we'll need to wait for?

The factions don't actually exist per se. You can't join them or choose a side. They simply gave some backstory to the colors of the teams you'll see on the map. Also notice they made them purple, green and orange as an homage to Cyrodiil. EP + AD = Orange, AD + DC = Green and DC + EP = Purple.

Edited by Dominoid on March 9, 2017 3:04AM
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not much into pvp but I am pretty exited about bgs. I will definately give them a try with some friends :smile:
  • Nouney
    Nouney
    ✭✭
    I have a question about matchmaking.
    Will the groups be formed in a random manner or will it take into account the results obtained in the previous arenas?

Because if pro PVP player constantly encounter lower players, it may quickly bother some.

And if you play with random player and you fight versus a team of premade player, it will be very hard.

So I hope the matchmaking will be great !
    Edited by Nouney on March 9, 2017 7:24AM
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    Like a couple have pointed out, teams of 4 malubeth unkillable templars is probably gonna be a problem, especially in domination. I have no idea how they are gonna balance this, but I assume the people they brought in to help give feedback a couple of weeks ago, would have brought this up too, so they must know about it.

I like that they wanna match groups against groups as often as possible, but they need some sort of ranked matchmaking system. Some sort of mmr that determines who you play against. (As skill level is gonna vary alot between groups). Preferably something like, you get matched up with people who have the same mmr as you, or close, when you win you take points from the losers and if you are on a win streak you get paired up with higher ranks and it should factor in pre-existing teams as a variable aswell. This will make it so that you square up against evenly skilled players. It should probably be character specific too. Also, it doesn't have to be tied to a visible league ranking, it could all work behind the scenes for better matchmaking.

It hurts me a little bit that they are gonna release battlegrounds without this feature to be honest.

With all that said though, I'll most likely spend all of my pvp time in BG, still super excited! :-)
    Edited by Cimadon on March 9, 2017 8:53AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I expect this to have the same problem of premade-vs-pug as every other battleground-style game i ever played. Only thing im looking forward to is having less of the former in cyrodiil.

They could try and do what other games do (though sadly dilutes the grouping pool) and have only ranked matched pre-made groups and unranked matches as forced PUG.

I sadly expect the party chat in these to become as toxic and hateful as DOTA with how this community is normally.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    REMOVE CP unless you want endless fights that dont end.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we knew what limitations will be places on this if any.

I mean in a confined space the Nightblade's cloak will be far less useful if one team cycles potions.
    Alcast wrote: »
    REMOVE CP unless you want endless fights that dont end.
    Is that view from first hand experience? :tongue:
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great stuff!

You know what would be awesome though? A bg set in an actual city. *fingers crossed*