The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG] Maelstrom destro staff enchant broken!!

xynode
xynode
✭✭✭✭
Wall of elements should improve your light and heavy attacks. As it does.
BUT if more than one person in your group uses a wall of elements also with a vma weapon only x1 of you receives the bonus.
If x6 of you have wall of elements only x1 of you randomly gets the bonus and so on. Basically only one maelstrom bonus is allowed to be active at one time, this is badly broken.

Please take a look at this asap it's a BIG problem especially for a group of people with vma weapons when only one works lol

Edit: Recent tests show that dual wield, bows etc etc are ALL affected. Anyone using a maelstrom enchant cancels out every other enchant in the group!
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The enchantment is broken on XB1 too.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been messing with it and it seems that any destruction staff from the maelstrom is broken. Solo it works fine but in a group/trial etc, "The FIRST" person to get their "wall of elements" down, gets their increased damage from the enchant...everyone else does NOT!

lots of people farmed for these shinnies and now their weapons are completely busted if there are more than one of you in a group...which being an mmo is quite a lot of the time lol :)

I would suggest things like this which directly affect a player's way of playing, should be taking more seriously into consideration on the bug fixes and get them done ASAP rather than waiting 3 months at a time and focusing more on fixing whose ears can be seen with which hat.

These types of bugs should be what are considered during weekly maintenance and not just each time an expansion is released as BONUS perks of an update patch. Over a month now since this has been an issue and it hasn't even been addressed by ZOS.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ???????
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely, glad I worked hard to get my vMA sharp inferno. It makes such a lovely paperweight. Very prestigious.

I'm sure this is right at the top of the priority list to work on. I have such faith in ZOS for placing priority on fixing endgame content that effects the top .01% of their player base because of the wonderful track record of:

1) Race change animation in vMoL has never been reliable since that content launched to the point that we all run an add-on to tell us if it happens.

2) Half way through v14 the BIS vSO gear received a massive off cycle nerf that left it no longer BIS for PVE dps giving most players who acquired it less than 3 months total with their well earned PVE advantage. A green trash drop set that only came in max level from Cyr dungeon chests was randomly left BIS for magic users.

3) When V16 was introduced trials were not even brought up to max level for more than 6 months. When they were, the IA gear was made the biggest troll set ever with the 5pc bonus requiring a dps loss of 4k to get 1k in gain but having a group buff so good it became mandatory for the healer to run this clearly dps set. vDSA, when it was eventually updated, did not get any gear update to it's weapons leaving most of them utterly useless, applying tiny buffs to skills nobody uses.

4) Cheat engine will soon, if not already, be entering it's second year with only one brief interruption in prosperity. I realize this effects all players and not just endgame PVE but it's effects are most pronounced here and in PVP. I don't think anybody really cares who runs cheat engine to quest as it is not competitive content.

Of course, if it wasn't the set being broken but rather people acquiring the set too easily, that might be fixed right quick. Like say if people found a way to streak over a ravine and hoarse ride to chest farm or something. Probably hotfix that. You know, the guys I knew doing that to get sharp moondancer swords never actually got them anyway. Sharp moondancer swords are such a miserably low drop chance that even exploiting people couldn't get them. Fortunately, with the huge nerf mplars took it hardly matters now. They didn't get sharp BSW swords while doing that glitch power shot sneek through COA1 and just kill the last boss thing that you fixed either BTW. Drop rates were such that one buddy did it more than 300 times and got nada. I'm actually a bit happy you did these fixes as they were spending more time trying to exploit farm than playing the game. Now they have finally, rationally, just given up trying to acquire these impossible RNG items.

Seriously, I do wish endgame content and balance took a higher priority and that the time table for changes wasn't 9 months or so. The time table is so far out right now that often by the time a change is brought in the 9 months of changes before it actually make it a bad idea.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Can confirm this for PC EU(tested on dummy): 3479 light attack without Crushing wall, 5476 with crushing wall. 3479 with crushing wall if another player placed his blockade first. All numbers crits.
    Edited by Masel on March 15, 2017 9:14PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't count on a fix anytime soon. Mr. Lambert wants to "lower the ceiling", remember? Breaking end game gear is a perfect step towards that goal!

Then again, they also broke the group finder, which especially hurtful for those new or casual players that are trying to get the daily XP bonus. I'm a bit surprised about this, since it doesn't exactly help the "raise the floor" agenda.
    Edited by Loc2262 on March 15, 2017 11:00PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup also tested on PC EU while using different types of staffs so if i cast my lightening wall first then my mate cast fire still didnt work.

on a second(less serious) note, hahahaahhahahhahahaa never ever fix it, it makes the fact that the best ive ever gotten is nirn on all 3 types after over a year of farming not even matter in the slightest,

im glad i noticed this before i started up attempting to farm again.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decado wrote: »
    yup also tested on PC EU while using different types of staffs so if i cast my lightening wall first then my mate cast fire still didnt work.

on a second(less serious) note, hahahaahhahahhahahaa never ever fix it, it makes the fact that the best ive ever gotten is nirn on all 3 types after over a year of farming not even matter in the slightest,

Decado wrote: »

LOL second note was funny as hell, but nice to see it's a cross platform bug. Now we just need it fixed ASAP rather than passing it off as a bonus perk of an expansion pack:)

Maintenance is there for a reason and only ever seems to take effect properly if someone is "exploiting" the game rather than something is actually broken.
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Thanks @xynode for this bug report!! As you said it's a huuuge dps loss.
    PS4/EU
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Due to this bug, wouldn't it be better if just one ore two use the vma staff while everyone else is using an ether/moon dancer/crafted staff for the blockade? I mean using a spell damage glyph should be better than using a vma staff without having the effect. :D
    PS4/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thing personally it would be better if ZOS just fixed what is broken lol:)
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Yea sure. But look at the bug report section. There are tons of bugs in in ESO these days. And they fix almost nothing. Trials are broken. Weapons are broken. Group finder is broken. Guild trader is broken. Freezes, disconnects, lags...it seems like they don't even acknowledge many of those issues. So honestly, don't expect too much. I know it sounds quite offensive but it is what it is. Every time I log in I'm surrounded by bugs. And it feels like they don't give a ***.
    PS4/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gota admit is is frustrating talking to a brick wall at times.

Things like this and ongoing bugs should definitely get more attention rather than palming it off as bonus along side an expansion pack

In their dev stream a while back they noted that if they know how the bug works they will attempt to recreate it and then find a fix.. we have given them the scenarios in which this takes place and still not so much as a mention about it from the team. Some acknowledgement would be nice.

People exploiting things like surveys and vmol etc where people can cheat to GET what they want, they bring the servers down right away for a fix, but things like this that actually what you already have and have worked hard for......nothing happens.
    looks like if you are trying to gain something the naughty way, they slam it ( and rightly so)...but if you already have something you WORKED FOR they don't care if it is broken.

Can't say I'm impressed, this like many other bugs isn't new. Anything over a week or so should be looked at or at least the players notified that they are working on it.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The entire bug reporting system is just awful.

Seriously, a sticky post on this forum with "KNOWN ISSUES" enumerating bugs that have been reported and have been acknowledged would go a long way towards resolving the communication issues.

The way it is now, we end up with 25 separate posts reporting that Trials are broken, but they're hard to find, no one from ZOS ever responds, and everyone just ends up posting new issues every day because they don't want to page through 20 pages of bug reports to see if the issue was already reported.

My simple solution: sticky a "KNOWN ISSUES" topic, and remove any report that duplicates a known issue. If the report contains useful information, merge that information into a persistent topic for that particular issue.

What we've got now is a Wild West bug reporting system and it doesn't work. It's frustrating for players, particularly those who take the time to record videos and do tests to give good information on the bugs, and I'm sure it's frustrating for people like @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom who end up with a mob of angry players shaking their pitchforks at ZOS.
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Keep on making comments so that this report is on top of the list in "Bug Reports" :D
    PS4/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems there are a couple of posts about this now, this thread has been here now since 25th feb and still NOTHING from ZOS about it. I hope they look at this soon, a bug so obvious and game changing shouldn't be left and ignored for this long.

At least some acknowledgement and possibly reassurance would be appreciated on the bug at hand.
  • SilenusJager
    SilenusJager
    Soul Shriven
    I to would like to see a response. after months of trying to get a lightning staff sharpened I finally got it. 48 hours later I see this post fun times!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    upgrade proof! means when it's fixed it will work properly in groups.....yes, it needs attention asap. "rewards" should not be broken and when they are they should be fixed pretty fast. Negates the point of achieving in the first place. Bugs are bugs of course but broken for this long "KNOWING" that it's broken, isn't great to say the least:)
    Edited by xynode on March 19, 2017 12:20PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, we are aware of this issue and are testing a fix for it. We're working on getting this into a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    Finally
    PS4/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    AT LAST!!! Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno !
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will this also include a fix to the issue with the maelstrom destro and bow enchants reprocing on each tick and draining the weapon charge?
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will this also include a fix to the issue with the maelstrom destro and bow enchants reprocing on each tick and draining the weapon charge?

I would also like to know this, the bows are so badly broken right now, keeps spamming that enchant effect over and over and just smashes your charges to pieces lol sometimes lasts like 1 fight :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, we are aware of this issue and are testing a fix for it. We're working on getting this into a future incremental patch.

MORE BROKEN WEAPONS :(

Heads up....did some more testing last night. It turns out that the dual wield maelstrom weapons, bow also, when the enchant is activated...this ALSO cancels out the maelstrom destro staves!

The enchants are BADLY broken across the maelstrom weapons as a whole it seems.
    we could actually force it to break . One rapid strikes = hands glow, then for 4 seconds NO ONE's maelstrom weapons (destro staff included) worked at all.

BIG bug :(
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    WTF?! Does anything work as intended in this patch? Almost everything is bugged right now. Trials, weapons, group finder. Playing this game is a pain these days.
    ZOS fix your game. It's absolutely broken. Turn off the servers for a week or even longer to repair this ***. And stop fixing the symptoms, fix the *** source!!
    PS4/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that the amount of game braking bugs especially bugs that affect items/weapons that people try so hard to obtain, deserve a LOT more attention than just "incremental" patch fix. So many things are broken and then left deliberately until later and we are told to wait 2-3 months before a fix. The time line for the bug fixes like these are not really very good at all. Instead making sure khajiit ears are shown with certain hats take priority? That doesn't make sense.

A few months ago there was a nerf to maelstrom weapons (dual wield) and now ALL maelstrom weapons are broken! A perfect opportunity for me to repost my comical fan art:)
    Enjoy!

Disclaimer: This image was created for "fun". If you don't have a sense of humour you miss the point, and are clearly offended by something that comically reflects the current issue, but the resolve is in "YOUR" hands. I appreciate the game so much but fix your bugs. we wait FAR too long. Not enough hotfixes :)

dpo6opq903e7.jpg
    Edited by xynode on March 26, 2017 10:00AM
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    xynode wrote: »

Heads up....did some more testing last night. It turns out that the dual wield maelstrom weapons, bow also, when the enchant is activated...this ALSO cancels out the maelstrom destro staves!

we could actually force it to break . One rapid strikes = hands glow, then for 4 seconds NO ONE's maelstrom weapons (destro staff included) worked at all.

Can't confirm this! We did several tests tonight. My mate got the maelstrom staff effect while i did rapid strikes and endless hail, both with maelstrom weapons obviously. So i couldn't cancel his buff. Furthermore, we've tested it in different orders. First my rapid strikes, then his wall and the other way around.
    However, I do agree that one staff cancels out another one!
    Edited by TheWiesi on March 27, 2017 12:17AM
    PS4/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheWiesi wrote: »

Can't confirm this! We did several tests tonight. My mate got the maelstrom staff effect while i did rapid strikes and endless hail, both with maelstrom weapons obviously. So i couldn't cancel his buff. Furthermore, we've tested it in different orders. First my rapid strikes, then his wall and the other way around.

we had the issue where if i empowered my maelstrom dual wield, our friends wall of elements enchant wouldn't fire while my hands were red. Maybe an isolated bug? error inside certain location? I hope so lol

Edited by xynode on March 27, 2017 2:01AM
  • peak99
    peak99
    ✭✭✭
    While we are on the subject, master weapons are broken since forever too.

Master daggers on my stamplar deplete before a skeleton test dummy 1.5min round is over.

Wtf!
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    TheWiesi wrote: »

we had the issue where if i empowered my maelstrom dual wield, our friends wall of elements enchant wouldn't fire while my hands were red. Maybe an isolated bug? error inside certain location? I hope so lol

Hmm. As you mentioned you were at least 2 ppl using the wall. Maybe not you didn't cancel the effect but the 2 walls each other? Did you make sure that only one wall was active? If so, I don't know what's going on :D
    Nevertheless I'm going to test it again tonight and let you know what's the result.
    PS4/EU