Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS are looking at way to increase the value of ESO plus

Libonotus
Libonotus
✭✭✭✭✭
Seen as chapters aren't included.
Source: http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2017/02/22/more-eso-morrowind-info

Go right down to miscellaneous
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup as anitajoneb posted there has been a feedback thread for this since the backlash over expansions.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crown Store & ESO Plus
    Staff Post
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I dont like is this following fact:

Vvardenfell is ~30-40% larger than Orsinium

Thus meaning this is just a little bigger DLC. Also, since they aren't introducing new skills or QoL systems like transmogrification or spellcrafting I dont think it should be called a Chapter neither the price they asking.

Glad I haven't preordered yet. I will wait for them to put it on PTS to make my final decision.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »

Thus meaning this is just a little bigger DLC.

If 40% larger than the largest zone is "just a little bigger" (not to mention the new Trial and completely new form of PVP), then I don't know what to do for you.
    Also, since they aren't introducing new skills or QoL systems like transmogrification or spellcrafting

Sure, I'd love a new weapon skill line, and I'll never say no to new QoL improvements. But this DLC seems like an odd object for the "lack of novelty" criticism. A whole new class doesn't count as enough new skills for you?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thus meaning this is just a little bigger DLC

Lol, yes, what did you expect ? A whole zone the size of Tamriel ?
    To be fair to ZOS, the first 2 DLC were pretty large, deep and filled with content (IC, and particularly Wrothgar). Orsinium set up the milestone for the size of a DLC, and after that, every DLC paled in comparison, in both size and content. I understand, though, that ZOS cannot possibly produce 4xOrsinium a year.
    That being said, 40€ for 1.4xOrsinium sounds like a lot...
    They aren't introducing new skills

A whole new class... technically 18 new skills...
    And battlegrounds, which technically are new systems.
    Glad I haven't preordered yet. I will wait for them to put it on PTS to make my final decision.

I haven't preordered either (don't see why I'd pay for anything 4 months in advance... ) but I'll buy it. In spite of the price tag which is a bit too high for my taste. It's not like we a multiple choice here. It's pay or quit.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't introducing new skills

A whole new class... technically 18 new skills...
    And battlegrounds, which technically are new systems.

Well, what he means is new skills that he wants, and new systems that he wants. Fair enough. If what is offered is not wanted it is hardly worth the money. It is not a required purchase. If someone doesn't want the battlegrounds, Warden, or Vvardenfell, then there really isn't a reason to buy it, and they can live without it. There will be base game stuff (Update 14) that everyone will get, but they have not talked about what that will be.

I pre-ordered Morrowind. If someone thinks they might want it, or might feel left out if they don't have it, best to pre-order it. At least they can get in on day one, and they get the pre-order stuff. Waiting for it to go on sale is also an option, as long as the wait time is acceptable. It will go on sale, eventually.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered Morrowind. If someone thinks they might want it, or might feel left out if they don't have it, best to pre-order it. At least they can get in on day one, and they get the pre-order stuff. Waiting for it to go on sale is also an option, as long as the wait time is acceptable. It will go on sale, eventually.

It's not on me to judge what it is you do with your money - and I don't. But, for the sake of curiosity... why are you, why are people pre-ordering 4 months in advance ? Even if I want the fluff with it, I can "pre-order" on D-1 ! I mean, when you go shopping for groceries, you don't leave 50 dollars there for stuff you'll come collect 4 months later, do you ?
    Pre-ordering makes sense for wares that might be in shortage, that is, physical goods, but a digital product cannot be in shortage, can it ?
    People were/are loud about the "crates-scam" , but fell for the "pre-ordering hype", which in my opinion, is a pure marketing illusion. Believe me, 50$ x hundreds of thousands of people x 4 months = a lot of extra profit for ZOS, because they know how to make that kind of money multiply over time.
    I know that "pre-ordering" is common practice in the gaming industry, but since I'm no gamer outside ESO and not familiar with gaming culture, I'm really curious as to why people actually fall for this. In my opinion, pre-ordering should be at least somewhat cheaper.

(And sorry that's a bit off-topic in this thread).

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 23, 2017 2:51PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not on me to judge what it is you do with your money - and I don't. But, for the sake of curiosity... why are you, why are people pre-ordering 4 months in advance ? Even if I want the fluff with it, I can "pre-order" on D-1 ! I mean, when you go shopping for groceries, you don't leave 50 dollars there for stuff you'll come collect 4 months later, do you ?
    Pre-ordering makes sense for wares that might be in shortage, that is, physical goods, but a digital product cannot be in shortage, can it ?
    People were/are loud about the "crates-scam" , but fell for the "pre-ordering hype", which in my opinion, is a pure marketing illusion. Believe me, 50$ x hundreds of thousands of people x 4 months = a lot of extra profit for ZOS, because they know how to make that kind of money multiply over time.
    I know that "pre-ordering" is common practice in the gaming industry, but since I'm no gamer outside ESO and not familiar with gaming culture, I'm really curious as to why people actually fall for this.

I know that I want to go to Vvardenfell, and this is the price of doing that. There really isn't a reason to wait to pre-order, under those conditions. I did not pre-order the physical Collector's Edition, though.

Now, I have multiple accounts that I actively play, and there is no reason to jump on the pre-order bandwagon right away for the rest of them. I might even wait until it goes on sale. I have not decided. So far, it appears that the initial announcement showed their entire hand, and that makes Morrowind rather spendy for what we are getting. One top of that, I am not sold on the new tutorial and quest flow, so my up-and-coming accounts may want to wait so I can go through the old Tutorial and follow a more logical sequence of quests. Buying it on sale, later in the year, might be the smart move, for my other accounts.

Like I said, Morrowind is not required to play the game.

EDIT: I have the same issue with ESO Plus, by the way. It is not required, and I question whether it is worth what they will be asking for renewal in a month or so.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 23, 2017 3:04PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to preorder because if I already know I'm going to buy the thing, I might as well get the extra swag that comes with preordering.

I haven't done it yet because I'm lazy and I have 3 months left to procrastinate, so there's no hurry.

But I'm also not living paycheck to paycheck, so paying $40 a few months sooner than I need to wouldn't hurt my finances any. If ZOS wants to make a little extra bank interest off of my investment, it doesn't make any difference to me.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that "pre-ordering" is common practice in the gaming industry, but since I'm no gamer outside ESO and not familiar with gaming culture, I'm really curious as to why people actually fall for this. In my opinion, pre-ordering should be at least somewhat cheaper.

Either I've totally misunderstood your post or you've totally misunderstood how pre-ordering works.

Your math: "50$ x hundreds of thousands of people x 4 months = a lot of extra profit for ZOS" makes no sense. That reads like you think each person has to pay $50 a month, for 4 months, to pre-order, which is not how it works. It's just 1 single payment, but you can pay it at any point within that 4 months.

Also the price is going to be the same on day 1 as it is to pre-order. It's not like $50 is the pre-order price and then on release day they're going to drop it to $30. Sure if you wait a few months 3rd party retailers may include it in a sale or reduce the price to clear space for new things. But on day one it's going to cost exactly the same as it does to pre-order.

So it costs us exactly the same amount of money to buy it now as it would to buy it when it's released (and ZOS earn exactly the same amount of money). It just means we can choose when to pay for it, as we get some bonus items, and for ZOS it means they can report back to their parent company and whoever needs to know that the expansion has already sold X number of copies.

For me that's the main benefit of pre-ordering, I have more choice over when to pay and still get it at the same time as everyone else. I haven't pre-ordered yet because I'd just booked a holiday when Morrowind was announced, but I wouldn't want to pay on release day because I'll just have gotten back from the holiday. Instead I'll probably buy it in the middle of next month, when it's convenient for me.

The fact that I get some bonus items for it is nice, but not a big deal. I was really happy to get a pre-order copy of the base game because for me the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade is essential, I'd hate playing without it, but there's nothing like that in Morrowind.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Either I've totally misunderstood your post or you've totally misunderstood how pre-ordering works.

Your math: "50$ x hundreds of thousands of people x 4 months = a lot of extra profit for ZOS" makes no sense. That reads like you think each person has to pay $50 a month, for 4 months, to pre-order, which is not how it works. It's just 1 single payment, but you can pay it at any point within that 4 months.

I know it's only 1x 50$ each :) My point is that money on a bank account (where it usually sits for most people) produces interests. If it is on your bank account it produces interests for you, if it is on ZOS bank account it produces interests for ZOS. Basically by paying earlier you're paying more, for no advantage in return (you get the same extra fluff if you pre-order on D-1 or on D-80).

I understand that it's just a few cents probably for most people, on an individual scale, but at ZOS' scale (and given that they have professional cash flow managers) it is A LOT.

There's nothing wrong with that, inherently, but I'm just wondering why people happily pay MONTHS in advance in exchange for no advantage, when they would never accept it for any other kind of products. And I think that marketing people in the marketing industry have done an amazing job at making this form of payment in advance a routine and fashionable procedure in the gaming audience. This way, they can not only secure huge cash flows months in advance, but they can also stretch their communication campaigns months in advance while securing all impulse purchases - since you can't change your mind after a pre-order. From the companies' point of view, I see only benefits. From the customer's point of view, I see no benefit at all. That's why I ask why so many of you pre-ordered ESO:Morrowind.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 23, 2017 5:10PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about your bank, but at my current rates the interest I'd get on $40 for 4 months wouldn't even buy me a sandwich. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as I said the benefit for me is pretty straight forward. 6th June is a great time for me to be playing Morrowind but a terrible time for me to pay for it. March is much better. So I'm going to buy it in March when it's convenient. Of course I could do it the other way around and wait until some time after it's released for it to be convenient for me to buy it, but then I'd miss out on all the excitement of playing when it's first released and everything is new to everyone.

Also pre-ordering is hardly a new concept, or exclusive to games. You can pre-order everything from cars to phones to houses, and people do. Yes in some cases it's simply a matter of making sure one is reserved for you, which is not necessary with a digital release (but absolutely essential for some conventional games which you have to buy on disc), but in many cases it's just a different payment plan.

Oh and you can actually pre-order food from a supermarket, except it's just called ordering. If you order it for home delivery, or use one of those "click and collect" systems you pay up front and then get your food on the day you specified for delivery/collection.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't make since to pre-order just the base version because those will be plentiful. The reason I pre-ordered 4 months out is because I want the physical collectors editions and you never know when they will cut the sales off of those. I have in the past waited until 1-2 months before release only to find out that you couldn't pre-order the Collectors editions anymore, needless to say I was bummed. I know I'm going to buy Morrowind and I don't care to pre-order 4 months in advance mainly because it reserves my collectors edition and I don't have to worry about it. Also if you pre-order online you don't have to make a deposit and in stores I think the deposit is only like $10-15, and you pay the rest 4 months from now when it ships/is picked up. Pre-ordering is nothing more than saying "Hey I want X copy and they hold it for you or in the case of a collectors edition they order one for you.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the time they figure out the value or figure out how to expand the tech of the game it'll be meh status.

One bad thing about ESO is how long it takes them to implement anything.