The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fix your *** patching for console

PlantersLogi
PlantersLogi
✭✭
Every single time there is a patch, the size is astronomical on the PS4! I just deleted a game, 50GB free and the patch STILL WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!

I ask for help and you guys don't respond or bother to troubleshoot and figure out why this is happening!!

[Edit to remove excessive bashing]
Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2017 1:01AM
  • delclay23
    delclay23
    ✭✭
    Sounds like trouble on your end
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every single time there is a patch, the size is astronomical on the PS4! I just deleted a game, 50GB free and the patch STILL WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!

I ask for help and you guys don't respond or bother to troubleshoot and figure out why this is happening!!

That's a problem with PS4. I have the same problem with other games too. That's not ZOS fault.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2017 1:01AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I'm so appreciative and thankful that I have a 2TB HDD installed on my PS4. I don't have to worry about spacing issues.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk whats going on with ps4 but on xbox it's also 26gb yet only uses 2.5gb of my hard drive. I started with 40 free and now I at 37.5
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some reason you cannot download patches on the ps4 without the entire size of the game being downloadable. Once you start the download it then reqonizes your download and says usally something like 45gbs/50gbs downloaded right away. This only occurs with a few games i play but it is annoying. I tend to just delete games i don't play on my Ps4 so this does not happen.
    PS4 NA DC
  • PlantersLogi
    PlantersLogi
    ✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »

That's a problem with PS4. I have the same problem with other games too. That's not ZOS fault.

I've never had this happen with other games patches.

It's always with ESO and this *** patching I must delete everything off my PS4 before it downloads.

[Edit to remove excessive bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2017 1:03AM
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens on PS4:

Original Patch Size = 46gb
    Part that needs to be downloaded and updated on the Original Patch = 20gb
    Amount of space PS4 needs to download that part = 92gb (46x2) (PS4 needs to reserve double the size of the original patch due to how the storage system works on the platform)
    Size of Patch after the update = Usually the same, a bit higher when there is a new DLC on ESO.

I've had 30gb of space left on my PS4 one time and Overwatch or Hitman didn't download their updates because of everything I explained above. ESO is more apparent because it already had a big patch file since the beggining.
    Edited by MaKTaiL on February 21, 2017 11:40PM
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    It is a problem with ps4 due to the way patches work for some games particularly those downloaded from psn the issue is that it reads that you have to download the whole game not just a patch (and yes this has happened to me with different games) the system will recognize what you have downloaded already and thenot just give you the update but it looks for the full capacity of the download. Now I just keep 100gb free space for this reason. *** at Sony not zos for this one.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had this happen with other games patches.

It's always with ESO and this *** patching I must delete everything off my PS4 before it downloads.

other than the whole annoying patch download thing - hope the rest of your day is going better :)
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2017 1:04AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting for ESO to take over my Xbox. Then I will have a reason to acquire a second Xbox!
  • PlantersLogi
    PlantersLogi
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Every single god damn time there is a patch, the size is astronomical on the PS4! I just deleted a game, 50GB free and the patch STILL WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!

other than the whole annoying patch download thing - hope the rest of your day is going better :)

Oh thanks yes it's actually really swell! I'd like to play but honestly that's probably not happening so I'll hop on Destiny or try out Not a Hero
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2017 1:06AM
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    It's like 90$ for a wd my passport wallet size external 2tb drive.. playstation or xbox it doesn't make sense not to have one.. i am on xbox and went with 3tb.. i have all my games all games with gold.. like 62 total.. my apps an videos.. an i have 78% free. No brainer... if you are like omg 90$.. put away 4.50 a week for 20 weeks or mow someones lawn :)
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single god damn time there is a patch, the size is astronomical on the PS4! I just deleted a game, 50GB free and the patch STILL WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!

Can you blame them for not wanting to help?
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2017 1:07AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thanks yes it's actually really swell! I'd like to play but honestly that's probably not happening so I'll hop on Destiny or try out Not a Hero

man, i couldn't even begin to count the number of controllers that bit the dust from one annoyance or another caused by gaming...thankfully over the years i've mellowed out a bit...some strange correlation going on between hair and anger loss over the years...

sometimes the best plan is to erupt a bit - get it out your system and resolve your self to "f***k it, oh well" :s
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove some posts for baiting and altered others for excessive bashing. Keep in mind that both of these kinds of posts are against the Forum Rules"]Forum Rules[/url][/b]. We've also gone ahead and moved this discussion over to the PlayStation®4 Technical Support section of the forums.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a PS4 issue. The size of the download could be 1mb, but the way the PS4 updates work is that you need the required space including the base game size itself.

For example....

If the base game size is 50.00gb and you have 49.99gb space left, even if the update was only 0.01gb in size, it still would say you don't have the required space because the PS4 for some reason calculates the required space needs at 50.01gb and you don't have the space for that.

So, submit a complaint with Sony - and good luck with that, because they are a lot less interested than ZoS are :)
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    This is a PS4 issue. The size of the download could be 1mb, but the way the PS4 updates work is that you need the required space including the base game size itself.

For example....

If the base game size is 50.00gb and you have 49.99gb space left, even if the update was only 0.01gb in size, it still would say you don't have the required space because the PS4 for some reason calculates the required space needs at 50.01gb and you don't have the space for that.

So, submit a complaint with Sony - and good luck with that, because they are a lot less interested than ZoS are :)
    It doesn't work like you wrote.