The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Get these house icons off my map!!!!!

RavenRoxie
RavenRoxie
✭✭✭✭
Anyone know of an add-on or option to remove all the housing icons from my map??? I do not give a flying flip about housing, AT ALL. So, having all this on my map is nothing but clutter to me and man... It is some STRONG clutter. LOL XD

53618232.jpg
Edited by RavenRoxie on February 18, 2017 5:13PM
Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
@RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Izay
    Izay
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a toggle option added, there are simply too many houses marked around your map for no reason.
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izay wrote: »
    I'd like to see a toggle option added, there are simply too many houses marked around your map for no reason.

Mhmmmmm
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Izay wrote: »

Aren't there like only 39 houses in total at this point scattered across like the 15 main zone maps plus 5 starter zones plus craglorn?

Compared to how may wayshrines per map.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you will look at those housing icons until you cave and buy the house.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    You can toggle the map filter to make wayshrines (and houses) disappear by following the steps here. It's not possible to just toggle off houses using the game UI.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    You can toggle the map filter to make wayshrines (and houses) disappear by following the steps here. It's not possible to just toggle off houses using the game UI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOQ3RBKvbE
    Edited by LadyLavina on February 18, 2017 6:14PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the house icon in Daggerfall covers up the wayshrine icon making it hard to click on and even see.
    Maybe move it a just a bit?
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why there wasn't made a separation of houses from wayshrines on the map. It should be possible to toggle off houses and leave wayshrines we visited so far, considering we constantly improve the memory usage and it takes some while opening maps with all those housings marked.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK is on a roll today! Look at these thread responses, I'm shook! Lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    Like has already been said houses should be toggled off separately from wayshrines. I want wayshrines, however I do NOT want every single house available showing up also. Maybe have it so there an option to turn off completely, show only owned houses, and then show all.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like has already been said houses should be toggled off separately from wayshrines. I want wayshrines, however I do NOT want every single house available showing up also. Maybe have it so there an option to turn off completely, show only owned houses, and then show all.

Yup. To add, it is particularly useless to show houses you do not own.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced similar annoyance with the Mara's Kiss room--it's right next to the Wayshrine icon in Vulkel Guard making it easy to click by accident. Sure, the physical distance isn't all that different, but that's an extra load screen every time I misclick. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Step 1: Enter 5000 strings of code.

Step 2: Go over code making sure not a single mistake is made.

Step 3: Wrong code, you just erased your achievements and Lore Library.

Step 4: Re-read instructions carefully this time and repeat steps 1 and 2.

Success!

:D
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A way to hide properties I don't own would be wonderful, preferably permanently, so that it doesn't show up again when i re-load.

I'm not even visiting my friends houses out of fear of getting more of these markers on my map. :(
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on February 18, 2017 7:12PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the house icon in Daggerfall covers up the wayshrine icon making it hard to click on and even see.

That is the issue with ALOT of the house icons. Yes it's spread across 15 continents or whatever, but most are annoyingly placed over wayshrines and it's just incredibly irritating and useless clutter to those who would rather spend their money on things that actually have a purpose in the game... Like... idk... armour and stuff. My mount fits just fine in my pocket, don't need a house for it, thanks. lol
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously? Clearly wayshrines are useful to everyone................. That is just as bad as having the npc music connected to the "effects" sound options.... Should be with the music option. Anyway, hope this changes. Obviously not everyone cares to have a giant house positioned over wayshrines..............................
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hopefully thats a "yet"? i personally dont mind the extra clutter but i can see why some would, but turning off shrines along with them is bad since shrines are quite vital
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*drops mic*
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    The icons are advertising. Home purchases have the potential to make ZOS money. That is why the icons are there, that is why they will not be removing them. Be glad they don't flash "But Now!" or direct you to the Crown Store when you accidentally click them instead of the wayshrine.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It be nice to have logic based filters like

-World boss
    -wayshrines
    -delves
    -doleman
    -group dungeons
    -public dungeons
    -quests
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I used that feature frequently when i was looking at houses to buy so... no not useless.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let us hide those houses please. I really want to act like this update never happened.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind them being on the map so much if you could actually "discover" them before you buy them, especially considering I've got a fair while to go yet before I can afford any of them.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

I used that feature frequently when i was looking at houses to buy so... no not useless.

That's not the way it should work. Since they want you to buy these things, you should be going to it from the Crown Store. At best, it should only appear on the map after you have discovered it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tumblr_o3f1npiGpD1r7eta3o1_500.gif
  • ThePaulrus94
    ThePaulrus94
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't find it terribly annoying. I wonder if they will ever put in a setting to turn them off as they probably are on there in the first place so that you are tempted to buy them with crowns. However, I feel if they allow them to be hid along with wayshrines, there should just be a setting to turn off the house icons by themselves. We'll see I suppose.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house icon clutter is bad for me as well. Please allow a toggle!
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

Step 1: Enter 5000 strings of code.

Step 2: Go over code making sure not a single mistake is made.

Step 3: Wrong code, you just erased your achievements and Lore Library.

Step 4: Re-read instructions carefully this time and repeat steps 1 and 2.

Success!

:D

just gonna save this comment..
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

...or even better, design a less obtrusive and smaller icon...to me at first, the house icon just looked like a blob, until i kept looking at it and looking at it, and finally saw the 3D representation of a house...we need a better icon, that's more indicative of a house, without covering up other icons...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

That's not the way it should work. Since they want you to buy these things, you should be going to it from the Crown Store. At best, it should only appear on the map after you have discovered it.

that presumes the usual conspiracy theory of all about crowns in spite of the numerous elements in homestead which make it very accessible with no crowns whatsoever.

my COFEe (Conspiracy Overrides Facts and Evidence) drinking days ended long ago.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.