The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I cant find main quest

Sham3less
Sham3less
Soul Shriven
Its since lv 20, i did Castle of the Worm and got no more main quest since then. im lv 31 now and i dont see any prophet appearing ç_ç any suggestion?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a quest telling you to go to a mage's guild? The next quest starts outside the Harborage.

Otherwise, go to the Harborage and check in.

As a side note: the main quests are no longer tied to level, so they should chain right off of one another. You won't (usually) get the Prophet showing up to bug you anymore.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Sham3less
    Sham3less
    Soul Shriven
    Do you have a quest telling you to go to a mage's guild? The next quest starts outside the Harborage.

Otherwise, go to the Harborage and check in.

As a side note: the main quests are no longer tied to level, so they should chain right off of one another. You won't (usually) get the Prophet showing up to bug you anymore.

nope , i dont have any quest, and tried in harborage, but nothing..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try going in and out of the main gates for your main city in each of the zones in your base alliance. He is usually just outside of town when he calls on you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sham3less
    Sham3less
    Soul Shriven
    tried, if i go inside the harborage i find the prophet but he doesnt give me any quest
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try entering the Mages Guild of your alliance's starter city (Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall or Davon's Watch), and see if there are any quest markers there that there shouldn't be (e.g., not the crafting writ guy or Valaste).

At this point, I'd submit a /bug report.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

• Sham3less
    Sham3less
    Soul Shriven
    im a EP, tried so many times to go inside davons watch mage guild and relogging but nothing..
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like your main quest is bugged.

Type /bug in the chat box and submit a report on it. Keep responding to the emails until you get a person or it gets fixed.

My Girls:

• ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like your main quest is bugged.

Type /bug in the chat box and submit a report on it. Keep responding to the emails until you get a person or it gets fixed.
    Just for some clarity, Bug Reports aren't responded to. They're a way of letting the developers know there is an issue with the quest. So no one will respond.

If it is an actual bug with the quest itself it will need to be fixed by developers. If it is a potential bug with your account or you are missing some requirement CS may be able to assist which would mean you would need to submit a regular support/help ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the bump but the Thieves Guild main quest line always goes missing, sometimes for days at a time. Then randomly the quest giver shows up in the Thieves Den. I am currently stuck half way through the main quest line :/
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Playnice

TG, and to an extent, DB, guild story quests are doled out based on Guild rank. You gain rank by doing quests or dailies. So your probably doing some of those Tip Board quests and gaining rank which triggers the next stage for the guild story quest. Note, the Covetess Countess TG are the eaiest to grind as the rewards are the things she is looking for. Just keep activating board until you see "Esteemed Thieves" then accept. I have maxed TG just doing Countess quests.
    Edited by Nestor on November 29, 2018 8:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Playnice

TG, and to an extent, DB, guild story quests are doled out based on Guild rank. You gain rank by doing side quests or dailies. So your probably doing some of those Tip Board quests and gaining rank which triggers the next stage for the guild story quest. Note, the Covetess Countess TG are the eaiest to grind as the rewards are the things she is looking for. Just keep activating board until you see "Esteemed Thieves" then accept. I have maxed TG just doing Countess quests.

Thank you! :) I don't know how I missed this but for some reason I always thought it was bugged haha
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts