The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Volatile Familiar does not work properly

Xerton
Xerton
✭✭✭✭
So i tested the Volatile Familiar for quite a bit and i am pretty sure now, that it uses your weapon critical chance rather than your spell crit.
Only the activated effect (explosion) seems to use your spell critical chance

Here are some screenshots:
QpbJxrh.jpg
zih4Xkm.jpg
JBOxQPZ.jpg
JLdc0Cg.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @Wrobel
CP 810+
PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on this?

We did some more tests and it looks like the pet doesn't profit from the passives of the champion system like spell precision (12% crit) and exploiter (+10% dmg against off blance enemies)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | The Dynamo | Immortal Redeemer | Bringer of Light | Gryphon Heart
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Updates guys?
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    bump
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | The Dynamo | Immortal Redeemer | Bringer of Light | Gryphon Heart
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interested to see this as well, since PetSorcs are incredible handy to solo group stuff this patch...
  • peak99
    peak99
    ✭✭✭
    I think there was mention about pets using weapon damage for basic attacks along time ago and that it was intended. (A ways back can't recall but it seems familiar)

Makes sense to me I.e it's a physical attack, while the ability is magick?

As for the cp not applying tho..... :S
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    peak99 wrote: »
    I think there was mention about pets using weapon damage for basic attacks along time ago and that it was intended. (A ways back can't recall but it seems familiar)

As for the cp not applying tho..... :S

Except the familiar's stats being based of your stats does not make sense - if there were a stamina morph for it, sure, but as is, it's still a magicka based skill initially.

If anything, it should have it's own stats and get boosted by yours.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on March 7, 2017 12:40PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭

Hm, no. Look at his screenshots, all attacks of the familiar are lightning damage.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    batters92 wrote: »

Hm, no. Look at his screenshots, all attacks of the familiar are lightning damage.

Aye, if you watch the familiar fight you'll notice he actually shocks his enemies with tiny lightning bolts, he never actually touches them.
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    bump. any ETA on a fix?
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom you got any news on this?
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    bump again. let's not forget about the familiar pet...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the poke, guys! This will be fixed in our next major update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi, just to let you know... the issue is still not fixed.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Gina, also note that Winter's Revenge and Gripping Shards also appear to be scaling with WEAPON critical, not Spell Critical.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    Very interested to see this as well, since PetSorcs are incredible handy to solo group stuff this patch...
    Please pardon my asking, but what is a PetSorc? Are they sold in the Crown Store, or do you acquire one as a quest reward, or perhaps as a boss drop?

My two Sorcerers don't have pets in play (there are several on the Collections feature, but most of them look like hostile MOBs and I don't want to confuse them for actual enemies). Both Sorcerers do have familiars. One is the Clannfear, the other is the Twilight Tormentor.

That said, I suppose that I could morph Unstable Familiar to the Volatile Familiar instead (Scamp), but I prefer the healing provided by the Clannfear for solo adventures, in particular. The healing ability of the Twilight Matriarch is insufficient compared to that of the Clannfear, unless ZOS has increased it substantially since the makeover without my being aware of it.

So the question is: how does the DPS of the Scamp compare to the DPS of the Twilight Tormentor? Frankly, I don't have any experience with the Scamp.

Of course, if the Sorc plays in groups for dungeons and trials, then the Scamp and the Twilight Tormentor could increase the Sorc's DPS considerably. In that context, the Sorc would have to depend upon having a Healer in the group, else slotting Dark Exchange is the only self-healing ability for a Sorc without a Clannfear. Potions are mostly for emergency use with respect to healing, since the cooldown makes it impractical to use them routinely.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    batters92 wrote: »

So I suppose that the Scamp uses his fists to cast lightning strikes, like a Sorcerer does while the Power Overload ultimate is active. Since the Sorcerer can cast them at a distance from the target, it has the character of a magic attack that reduces the target's health.

It seems to me that the Destro staff and Resto staff, respectively, are merely the medium for casting ranged magic spells. A cast at point-blank range, i.e., possibly with physical contact with the target, is still a magical attack. However, when a PC uses a staff to Block or to Bash, those definitely should be physical actions, i.e., using the staff as a hand-held weapon per se.

There is a discussion about this which might be of interest: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347214/damage-numbers-shown-on-weapon-tooltips#latest

Edited by Shadowshire on May 27, 2017 11:00PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    Please pardon my asking, but what is a PetSorc? Are they sold in the Crown Store, or do you acquire one as a quest reward, or perhaps as a boss drop?

My two Sorcerers don't have pets in play (there are several on the Collections feature, but most of them look like hostile MOBs and I don't want to confuse them for actual enemies). Both Sorcerers do have familiars. One is the Clannfear, the other is the Twilight Tormentor.

That said, I suppose that I could morph Unstable Familiar to the Volatile Familiar instead (Scamp), but I prefer the healing provided by the Clannfear for solo adventures, in particular. The healing ability of the Twilight Matriarch is insufficient compared to that of the Clannfear, unless ZOS has increased it substantially since the makeover without my being aware of it.

So the question is: how does the DPS of the Scamp compare to the DPS of the Twilight Tormentor? Frankly, I don't have any experience with the Scamp.

Of course, if the Sorc plays in groups for dungeons and trials, then the Scamp and the Twilight Tormentor could increase the Sorc's DPS considerably. In that context, the Sorc would have to depend upon having a Healer in the group, else slotting Dark Exchange is the only self-healing ability for a Sorc without a Clannfear. Potions are mostly for emergency use with respect to healing, since the cooldown makes it impractical to use them routinely.

Check Necropotence tooltip. The game calls them pets. The ones on your colletibles are non-comabat pets. Familiar, Clannfear and Twilight are pets.

I use the Familiar because the damage is just too good to pass, but I plan on having the Clannfear to try and solo vet dungeons and such so he can tank. I tried the Tormentor but really did not like it. Having the Familiar for damage and Matriarch for heals worked much better for me in vMA and solo vet dungeons.

It never works very well in trials on console. Pets hold enemies far away from the group and die too much. Let's see when Morrowind hits if it is improved when we can control them with Heavy Attacks.
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    bump, still not fixed
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sshh. They're busy producing and marketing dog videos....er, "war bears in training" videos.
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    just a friendly reminder that this issue is still not fixed and completly destroys builds with 2 pets
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm I wonder what my do will once this is fixed?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    March 29

LOL
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Woohoo, almost at the 3 month anniversary mark.

Hmmm..What is the universally accepted time frame for a bug to become a feature?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

Hmmm..What is the universally accepted time frame for a bug to become a feature?

When it vanishes to page 2/3 of forum posts.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno - 3 months to be precise Gina. How much more we have to wait?
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

since we got the pts patch notes we are at the 2nd next major update and still no fix for the broken crit of sorc pets. is it possible to get some news?
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

They're still fixing bugs that have been since ESO launch, what makes you think that the Morrowind DLC would be any different?