The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Homestead: Basics Guide"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
3e9a6be4a1efe6dbbbdbb2faa6090995.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Homestead: Basics Guide blog article.

Homestead, The Elder Scrolls Online's player housing system, allows you to own and personalize homes across Tamriel. In this Basics Guide, you'll learn how to get your first home, how to purchase additional homes, how and where to get home furnishings, and more!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing my job! ;) Looks handy! You didn't mention master writs though :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've already completed the Undaunted dungeons and Trials content, will you already have the bust? Or do you have to do the content over again?
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am buying daggerfall overlook on the 21st immediately also zos what crafting style has the most gothic vampire like appearance for furniture
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've already completed the Undaunted dungeons and Trials content, will you already have the bust? Or do you have to do the content over again?

You have to complete everything again because bust drops on boss kill.
    Edited by James-Wayne on February 6, 2017 11:39PM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ianleenders043
    are there going to be player guild themes items for homesteads? like a flag or tabard standart or anything like that?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when will we get storage to housing, ZOS???

that is a basic feature that should have been there from the start, how could this not "make the cut", but 2000 furniture items did?????

that does not make any sense to me!!

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading before the patch dropped that different sized houses have a different number of permitted furnishings (twice the number if you're a subscriber, I believe), but I don't see anywhere on the housing interface where the amount currently in use is indicated. I bought a furnished house, and added a couple of items. But I have no clue how many more I'll be able to add. Presumably the game is keeping track of this somewhere, but I don't see it.

I'm also wondering how many of my pets and/or mounts I'm able to place in the house?

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember reading before the patch dropped that different sized houses have a different number of permitted furnishings (twice the number if you're a subscriber, I believe), but I don't see anywhere on the housing interface where the amount currently in use is indicated. I bought a furnished house, and added a couple of items. But I have no clue how many more I'll be able to add. Presumably the game is keeping track of this somewhere, but I don't see it.

I'm also wondering how many of my pets and/or mounts I'm able to place in the house?

All of that stuff is in an info box on the left side when you open the housing editor.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wait 12 days for homestead @ZOS_GinaBruno what time will the homestead update be available on (GMT)
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Brightuatha
    Brightuatha
    ✭✭✭
    Please add storage. Thx
  • white8025
    white8025
    When you place an assistant, can everyone who's inside your house use it?
  • Pryxm
    Pryxm
    When will North American Xbox One server be fixed?
    Edited by Pryxm on February 23, 2017 4:35AM
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pryxm wrote: »
    When will North American Xbox One server be fixed?

There is an announcement on the issue on the top of the forums ..... also probably better to post in the XB1 support forums versus the News section ......
  • Brightuatha
    Brightuatha
    ✭✭✭
    Would really like an herb garden such as existed in Skyrim.