Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Closer Look at the Morrowind Announcement Trailer"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
169d2d51a3b995a9fee805f5968297ba.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Closer Look at the Morrowind Announcement Trailer. From the return of an old friend to the debut of a powerful new class, there are many unique details in the trailer. Did you catch them all?
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Sleet Storm a normal ability or an ultimate?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

The bear is the ultimate.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It sounds like Hurricane and Ring of Protection rolled into one ability, could be interesting!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The warden kinda looks like @Sypher ... illuminati confirmed
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop selling me! Let me buy the physical edition *lol.

What torture.

Nice showcase for the swag ;)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    The warden kinda looks like @Sypher ... illuminati confirmed

I have rather similar character as well. I was puzzled seeing this. I'm just a bit more boxer/Mike Tyson personality, trailer guy belongs to new age hipsters *no pun intended*
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an ultimate, i hope tho the channel is just for dramatic purposes <.< or at least as short as possible.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on February 2, 2017 5:38PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the longest semester of my life.

The bear is the ultimate.
    The bear is the ultimate of the animal companion tree. Sleet Storm looks like an ultimate too, must be the one from the Frost tree.
    Edited by Abeille on February 2, 2017 5:33PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Looks like an ultimate, i hope tho the channel is for dramatic purposes <.< or at least don't be too long

The BEAR is the ultimate.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Looks like an ultimate, i hope tho the channel is for dramatic purposes <.< or at least don't be too long

The bear is only one of the three skill line's ultimates. There are still two more.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bear is only one of the three skill line's ultimates. There are still two more.

Yes, but having the Bear active and then activating a second Ultimate... that would be very OP. There has to be some restrictions with being able to have two ultimates active at the same time.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop making more excited!

Wallpaper of that Vvardenfell artwork now please? :cry:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    You're all wrong.

The Beard and that fine looking Redguard is the Ultimate.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but having the Bear active and then activating a second Ultimate... that would be very OP. There has to be some restrictions with being able to have two ultimates active at the same time.

I imagine it was done together just for the trailer. I doubt the Warden will be able to have two active ultimates at the same time.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • nanaya
    nanaya
    ✭✭
    How did even that fat merchant-like dunmer became a Morag Tong Grandmaster? Just look at him, he cowardly running away after seeing a single assassin. Isn't Morag Tong a high-class assassins guild or what?

(sorry for my bad English)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I imagine it was done together just for the trailer. I doubt the Warden will be able to have two active ultimates at the same time.

I agree. Plus, I wouldn't doubt that the Bear Ultimate will have to be slotted on both bars (just as pets are for Sorcs), which would force players to choose between 'pet build' or other ultimates.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 2, 2017 5:49PM
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    nanaya wrote: »
    How did even that fat merchant-like dunmer became a Morag Tong Grandmaster? Just look at him, he cowardly running away after seeing a single assassin. Isn't Morag Tong a high-class assassins guild or what?

Or he was at one time a good, dangerous one. Than grew lazy when he had became the grandmaster :) And runing because he know he don't stand much of a chance against a more fit, active assassin, perhaps also wanting to choose the field of the fight himself

And your english were just fine, no worries there :)
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I agree. Plus, I wouldn't doubt that the Bear Ultimate will have to be slotted on both bars (just as pets are for Sorcs), which would force players to choose between 'pet build' or other ultimates.

I don't think so, that would be an extremly boring approach from Zos.

Think you'll be able to use another ult while the bear is active, since you can kill the bear and force the warden to spend ulti on casting it again, doesn't seem unbalance to me.

It's in interesting question tho.

• Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden only has one ultimate, confirmed. lul
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »

Warden only has one ultimate, confirmed. lul

or

Or

OR

All the Warden ultimates are BEARS.

Meet my characters:

• Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome cgi trailer, however can we please have a khajiit in the next as were currently at 0/4
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess that the Bear ultimate that auto-respawns will be fairly weak. Good for flavor and solo players; a little like the sorc Clanfear and is maybe more "on demand" than most ultimates -- a bit like Overload.

The bear that doesn't respawn will, I hope, be strong enough to justify it's single life.
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that the Bear ultimate that auto-respawns will be fairly weak. Good for flavor and solo players; a little like the sorc Clanfear and is maybe more "on demand" than most ultimates -- a bit like Overload.

The bear that doesn't respawn will, I hope, be strong enough to justify it's single life.

I am sitting here cringing at the thought of a Selene's proc that CAN crit and stick around while being healed, mauling everything in sight on the killing-fields of Cyro...
  • Clutch
    Clutch
    ✭✭✭
    Minor pet peeve here but notice how the warden's hand placement on his greatsword is close together? Back during one of the first gameplay trailers, we saw a nord with the same hand placement on his greatsword. The problem is that in game, the player's hand placement is spaced out along the hilt. What gives? Is there an issue with differentiating great axe and hammers from the greatsword - animation wise?

I just want my nightblade to have close-hand placement when he holds his claymore! D:
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »
    nanaya wrote: »

Or he was at one time a good, dangerous one. Than grew lazy when he had became the grandmaster :) And runing because he know he don't stand much of a chance against a more fit, active assassin, perhaps also wanting to choose the field of the fight himself

And your english were just fine, no worries there :)

No one stands much of a chance against Naryu

/swoon

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clutch wrote: »
    Minor pet peeve here but notice how the warden's hand placement on his greatsword is close together? Back during one of the first gameplay trailers, we saw a nord with the same hand placement on his greatsword. The problem is that in game, the player's hand placement is spaced out along the hilt. What gives? Is there an issue with differentiating great axe and hammers from the greatsword - animation wise?

I just want my nightblade to have close-hand placement when he holds his claymore! D:

Animating playable 3d models and CGI movies are different sides of a coin, and could be two (or more) different animators working cinematic vs the game, and you also have complete control over how things work in a CGI movie, as opposed to moveable/posable/playable 3d models that players have a knack for breaking/doing unexpected things with: this is most likely why you see differences.

When it comes to swords vs hammers and axes, yes. They would be swung differently in real life and as such, real life sets the bar for what would appear to look normal in the game. Adjustments would be made so that they could re-use the animation but keep a bit of the feel of normalcy, and intended animation.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like some confirmation that Naryu is, in-fact, of House Redoran. The bone armour appears to confirm it.

And that perfidious Grand-Master is obviously House Hlaalu.

#RedoranForLife
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so incredibly hyped for this!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, she was speaking to Vivec? I swear Vivec's voice is the same as one of the khajiit voice actors, then. A bit underwhelming, lmao.
    stam scrub
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    No one stands much of a chance against Naryu
    She had like 20 times she could have killed that guy and instead chose to walk around like a Bond villain, smirking. Terrible assassin. Should have just ganked him from the trees and been done with it.