The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: February 2017"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: February 2017. Check out our latest Showcase to see what's in store (literally!) this month.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well well no prices....???

5d6446a9a45c92e4fee2a9d83b855ceb.jpg

Housing items....no prices???
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2017 3:12PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit light, but I'm excited for the black cat. :)
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    Huzzah! I've been waiting for the Desert Garden Gala Overdress and Duchess Personality. Fingers crossed for fair pricing.
    Edited by mrs_gibbs on February 1, 2017 3:16PM
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    The black cat. At last, wanted this since pre-release lol. I'll have the one in the window :-)

The body markings & face markings packs are going to be in my basket too.
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭

They never have pricing on the showcase...
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting on the face markings pack for ages now
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting on the face markings pack for ages now

Yessssssss! Looks like my sorceress will get her look after all!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh, early birthday present to me! <3

I'm getting the cat, the two markings packs, the dress and the duchess personality for sure. Pretty good showcase!
    Edited by Abeille on February 1, 2017 3:23PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely interested in the face and body tattoo packs. I'm tired of all the Redguard style clothes, though.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm as I haven't managed to keep up with all the Homestead information.

Are the decorations here Crown Store exclusive or are they obtainable within the game?

Kind of tempted with some of the clothes, will await to see the price I guess.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »

@mrs_gibbs

Actually they do in the crown forums. Seems just not here

Example: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315086/new-items-and-limited-offers-available-in-the-crown-store-01-19-17-all-platforms#latest
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The black cat!!! Definitely need that digital look a like of my real cat haha :D. I'm glad you've added marking packs too, more customisation is always welcome!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@mrs_gibbs

Example: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315086/new-items-and-limited-offers-available-in-the-crown-store-01-19-17-all-platforms#latest

That's the type of announcement they make when things actually become available in the store (note the dates). The overall monthly showcases generally don't include pricing.

Nice to see some things that people have been drooling over for a while. I'm not sure there's anything I really need, but I'll see what prices look like.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭

@mrs_gibbs

The thread you link to is the one that was posted the same day those wares came to the store, which is why they show the price. The actual showcase has never shown the crown price far as I have seen
    Edited by Kazya on February 1, 2017 3:34PM
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for selling us the ability to use the same body and face markings that we could have picked when we created our character. It's so nice of you to let us change our minds about our initial choices in exchange for our money.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the trees and shrubbery, there's nothing else that appeals this time around. Oh well, there's always next month.

(please please please bring the datamined Moth Priest costume to the Crown Store!)
    Edited by menedhyn on February 1, 2017 4:19PM
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Thank you so much for selling us the ability to use the same body and face markings that we could have picked when we created our character. It's so nice of you to let us change our minds about our initial choices in exchange for our money.

Actually, the packs include some color variations that were not available on character creation, plus some races that were locked out of some options now can use them.

For example, the face painting that the Orcs of the Morkul Clan wear is not available in the Character Creator for Orcs, but it is available to Bosmer. So with that pack my Orc can look the part.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's... THE BLACK CAT @MornaBaine
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The black cat will be mine too!

...But it is squinting :o
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The black cat will be mine too!

...But it is squinting :o

Now new, cat personalities, personalize your pet!

PussInBoots1.gif
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a console player I always find update months to be disappointing... couple items one week then pretty much nothing for (almost) 3 weeks.

Also wondering why the Redguard low, mid, high costumes had the be released spread out over nearly a year. All three Orc (albeit male only), and all three Breton and Bosmer (female only) came out at the same time. Eh, whatever, wake me up when Dark Elf and Nord costumes come out in a few years.

8008738c09cb208c7f3d73a392cd43c4.jpg

eddc2c01d7df88db2ee5bba484674c24.jpg

Images taken from http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/09/18/loremasters-archive-nobles-fashionable-attire
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I found this Crown Store set to be boring. Just a few clothes, and a black cat? Does the cat at least run around my house acting like a normal cat or just stand there "in my house" where I place it?
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but as far as the costumes go ... again more of the same - looking at the male attire. Same pants, same boots, same jacket...
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    As a console player I always find update months to be disappointing... couple items one week then pretty much nothing for (almost) 3 weeks.

Also wondering why the Redguard low, mid, high costumes had the be released spread out over nearly a year. All three Orc (albeit male only), and all three Breton and Bosmer (female only) came out at the same time. Eh, whatever, wake me up when Dark Elf and Nord costumes come out in a few years.

8008738c09cb208c7f3d73a392cd43c4.jpg

eddc2c01d7df88db2ee5bba484674c24.jpg

Images taken from http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/09/18/loremasters-archive-nobles-fashionable-attire

Thisss! Those look incredible and are exactly the type of costumes I've been waiting for.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Just to confirm as I haven't managed to keep up with all the Homestead information.

Are the decorations here Crown Store exclusive or are they obtainable within the game?

Kind of tempted with some of the clothes, will await to see the price I guess.

I certainly hope not, but there was someone having trouble finding palms, and I never checked myself. Also, is this furniture set the Imperial style mistakenly removed from the game, or the other style?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More customization packs? Take my crowns!
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    are we no longer getting mounts other than through the crown crates?
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's lackluster, another month with nothing interesting, you seriously left all cool stuff for crown crates right?
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skorol007 wrote: »
    are we no longer getting mounts other than through the crown crates?

Of course not! They sold you a 4500 Crown Elk a couple of months ago :tongue:

But yes, I share your concern as well. Really wanted that black mane lion to be sold on the store, because I refuse to support gamble packs.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

@mrs_gibbs

That's the type of announcement they make when things actually become available in the store (note the dates). The overall monthly showcases generally don't include pricing.

Nice to see some things that people have been drooling over for a while. I'm not sure there's anything I really need, but I'll see what prices look like.

@Ilsabet
    its tomorrow....