The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Island Price Prediction - 55,000 Crowns

Lythandra
Lythandra
✭✭✭
I believe its gonna be super expensive and would not surprise me at all if they go higher than 55,000 Crowns.

I say 55k because thats 10 5500 Crown packs. $40 right now for one pack, so $400 for it without tax.

What do you think its gonna be?
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're crazy. Won't be more than 20k Crowns. Housing isn't THAT special or groundbreaking lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be the equivalent of certain vanity pieces in certain Korean F2P MMOs.

My guess would be between 5500 - 10k
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crown Store & ESO Plus
    Staff Post
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way it's that high. They need to price it to where people will think the crown option is the way to go, even if they have the gold.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're crazy. Won't be more than 20k Crowns. Housing isn't THAT special or groundbreaking lol

Elk mount also wasnt that special...
    Though I dont think they will sell houses for 50k crowns.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing 6000crs for a motif, I really wouldn't be surprised at anything. This time 2 hours ago, I'd had been firmly on the side of those saying 5500 - 10,000crs. Now I wouldn't put anything past ZoS. People are giving them waaaaaaaaay too much credit.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who think they will price the island at ~5,500 crowns are delusional. They have priced mounts close to that price. I think 55,000 is too high though. I would guess around 15,000.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've tanked themselves with the 6k motif as a limited time item

Any other items over 5500 would actually be suicide to their financial success

Not saying ppl won't buy it but if you see that those items require buying a crown pack + a sub, 4 month sub or buying 2 crown packs that's what I'm talking about.

These folks are selling convenience items over their dlc prices.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 26, 2017 4:36PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could argue that mounts are cosmetics, whereas housing is content. But yeah, like i just said in the post above yours, I now know I'm being delusional.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That price for the crown exclusive houses wouldn't surprise me.

As it stands with the current 3.8m gold manors would run about $400 from gold sellers. Now obviously ZOS would come well under that for the ones that could be bought with gold, but the exclusives... they have us by the balls on.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Lythandra
    Lythandra
    ✭✭✭
    We will see next month. I don't think it will be less than 20k crowns for sure. 55k may be high but they have gotten super greedy lately. I'm sure theres people that spent $400 just on Crown Crates and only ZOS knows how many whales are out there.
    Edited by Lythandra on January 26, 2017 4:38PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood why people equate gold prices to what gold sellers sell it for. The day ZoS start using gold scamming sites as a gauge for their in-game currency is the day I do walk away from this game.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The elk was hugely unpopular. They may have learned that was just too high. The dro m'artha senche was cool. Houses aren't going to be much more than 5k. I certainly wouldn't pay more than a dlc like orsinium than a poxy house that has a 1hr life span.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably have to sell your house in real life to buy one with crowns
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lythandra wrote: »
    We will see next month. I don't think it will be less than 20k crowns for sure. 55k may be high but they have gotten super greedy lately. I'm sure theres people that spent $400 just on Crown Crates and only ZOS knows how many whales are out there.

Crates are different though. Most of the people who have spent $400 on crates will probably have done so in increments. That's the usual pattern for gambling. I know, because I used to be a heavy gambler myself. I never laid 1k on a horse in one go, but I had no qualms about laying 3k per month on numerous horses.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still say theres just no way they go too high with these. The perfect scenario for them, is that the price is moderate enough that people without the time and effort to collect the gold price, will scoop them up quickly. Also, guys like me with a sub, extra crowns, and enough gold to buy and furnish a manor, will see the crown price and think, "Damn. I'll use crowns for this and save all my hard earned gold for motifs and statues and whatever I need off of guild traders." Pricing them super high will only benefit one demographic of players. Not a smart move at all.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to implement storage and weapon racks etc if its going to cost that much money or even half of that.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're selling beards for 1000 crowns.

I fully expect 50k+ for this. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous is what ZOS has become.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care. If a price of any large house/mansion/island is higher than 5k, I won't buy it for sure. That's it. This company won't surprise me with their pricing anymore. With regard to CS stuff I am now indifferent rather than agry...
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What!!! While I think the OP is delusional, I admit I have weird irrational thoughts too... like if people come onto the official forums and starts saying "I would happily spend 10k crowns for X" then Zos will notice and sell that X for 10k.

The elk is a good example, lots of people (myself included) said they didn't care about the price as long as it wasn't in crown crates. It seems like ZOS listened, but we lied because a lot of people cared about the price.

Anyway, this is about economies of scale. A significant proportion of players will buy one pack of crowns at some point, so may buy a house for 5500, but only a few players will buy 10 packs of crowns for a 55000 house. It simply won't make more money if it is priced too high.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    I don't mind buying Crowns for things that I like and hoarding the rest.

But 55k for a house sure is something... I'd bet it'd be in the 15k-20k range looking at the 6k set they just released...
    Which is also crazy since you can farm that in-game... :disappointed:

But whatever the price will be, it'll be beyond what I'd drop because I'm no whale... :confounded:
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • Lythandra
    Lythandra
    ✭✭✭
    Remember tho, this isn't for a Manor. Its for the fully furnished Island.

Its gonna be interesting to see how they price it.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood why people equate gold prices to what gold sellers sell it for. The day ZoS start using gold scamming sites as a gauge for their in-game currency is the day I do walk away from this game.

We could always use ZOS's gold selling as the gauge... Which was roughly ~$200 for 3.8 mil when mimic conversions were around 6k per, but now I have seen them for less than 3k which would put them in line with gold sellers.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given that the system seems designed to pull people towards furnishing with crowns then you would hope that the houses themselves aren't silly expensive. The more people get a big house, with a larger item limit, thew more items they will sell.

I'd bet good money that those smaller micro transactions will add up to a LOT over the life span of a house and make it the better route than stupidly expensive up front house prices.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    20K.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all are nuts. The in game gold prices are intended as a gold sink. The crown prices will be set for those that can't afford that in game. They'll be tailored to the people that have more cash than game time. They'll be fairly high but not reta rded high.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by tplink3r1 on January 26, 2017 5:44PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    What!!! While I think the OP is delusional, I admit I have weird irrational thoughts too... like if people come onto the official forums and starts saying "I would happily spend 10k crowns for X" then Zos will notice and sell that X for 10k.

The elk is a good example, lots of people (myself included) said they didn't care about the price as long as it wasn't in crown crates. It seems like ZOS listened, but we lied because a lot of people cared about the price.

Anyway, this is about economies of scale. A significant proportion of players will buy one pack of crowns at some point, so may buy a house for 5500, but only a few players will buy 10 packs of crowns for a 55000 house. It simply won't make more money if it is priced too high.

Great post as always, Jim. For me the reason I didn't buy the Elk wasn't the price. It seemed shoddy to me. For that kind of money, I expect a certain quality (unique animations, etc.). Of course that is a subjective view, but for me it wasn't there.

Others thought it was and good for them - I hope they get maximum enjoyment from it.

With housing MMORPG's can take one of two (or both) routes: cosmetic and functional. Having a bed that gives one an extra 10% PvE XP for an hour if rested in for 'x' hours - that's functional. Or crafting workbenches, which as I understand it will either not be present or very difficult to get. Storage of course, which we know is not happening for now.

Which leaves Cosmetic. Nothing wrong with that. Many players enjoy playing Interior Designer and can spend thousands of hours doing so. Again, good for them. Just not for me.

I imagine and hope it will evolve in time to be more functional. Or perhaps it is already and I am wrong. But from what I am seeing I am only minimally intrigued.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crown Store & ESO Plus

Or, since you're marking the thread with "Z", you could - you know - tell us what the price is going to be.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lythandra wrote: »

Greedy 4 SURE, especially now that you need to buy butter to get small chance to buy bread