The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Limited Dro-m’Athra Style Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The Crown Crafting Motif: Dro-m’Athra Style is now available in the Crown Store! Get this otherworldly motif for a limited time between today (January 26) and 10am EST on January 30.

Crown Crafting Motif: Dro-m’Athra Style
f1cc938adfa9862930307923c84aa22d.jpg?_ga=1.39860002.1610688445.1470041210

“Somewhere, deep in the Dark Behind the World, there are grim forges and bent benches where Lost Cats arm and armor themselves. On those dire times when they appear among us, their outfitting is much alike, implying they are made to certain standards. This one shall sing the song of these standards.” –Twilight Cantor Adara’hai

The Dro-m’Athra Style costs 6,000 crowns and will be available on all platforms for a limited time from January 26 to January 30.

Did you master this style and dress like the Khajiit spirits in the Dark Behind the World? Post your pictures here, or share them with us on Twitter or Instagram.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k....ouch!

Actually I am glad it is costly. A lot of people worked hard for that motif. Wow though, 6k for a motif. I can only imagine what housing is gonna look like here in a couple weeks.

With that said, totally buying it. The design for everything sans the staff is SICK, love it!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asked on Twitter but from MyKillv2.0's reply I am guessing this is an in game one (MoL?) and not a Crown exclusive one?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda surprised by the price and limited availability of a motif that's relatively easy to farm (nMoL is a joke) and that isn't very expensive in the player market.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is (still) available in the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is (still) available in the game.

Yeah from previous posts I figured it out. Damn I hate feeling like a newbie again.

Remember kids, ESO breaks are a bad idea, don't do it!
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    6k crowns? lmao, get ready for housing everyoe
    stam scrub
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you .......serious!!!

Limited time at 6k crown.
    I see where this is going. Time to leave seriously.
    Housing I see is gonna tip the scale too far for me the guy with 20k crowns left

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Maybe share with the devs a real question. Why does ZOS think motif have such a high value when they offer little to no benefit ingame?

We still can't change artwork on anything and only can craft a few sets
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the dropped pieces of Dro-m'Athra I have gotten fro VMOL, I think it looks great at base colors but dyes poorly. We usually have a guild request (but not a kicked-from-guild if you don't comply requirement!) to dye our gear red and gold guild colors on progression nights. I'd really like to wear my Moondancer or Alkosh gear since it is very good endgame gear, but Dro-m'Athra gear really wants to keep those slashing blue effects on material. Which is maybe part of the appeal and your designers want that. So that it remains clearly, visually Dro-m'Athra no matter what.

But I just wanted to point out that for many players, motif styles that dye strong and true are the ones I keep returning to. I love Dro-m'Athra from a geometric standpoint. I think the angles and design uniqueness are really neat. But the poor dying makes me hesitant to spend 6000 crowns on it. And I would politely request that more emphasis be put on "dye-ability" during internal QA of motifs and costumes.

Thank you.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, that price...

The most expensive CS stuff so far. You even crossed the line of 5,5k which is the biggest crown pack we can buy.

Totally not worth it. Don't buy it people - if you don't want to farm this motif by yourself, its prices in the guild stores are really really low nowdays.

Now I started to worry about the prices of housing...
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Style looks alright, but not something I'd wear.

I'll leave it to the whales to buy.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just made a post about how BS the price is and it got closed within 3 minutes. You guys don't deserve to carry the Elder Scrolls name anymore. Bethesda shut this crap down!
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni, it's time to have a talk about pricing.

Y'see, when the majority of the game farms a motif when the system was exploitable it has no value. Then asking us for what ammounts to 60 dollars, for a motif that's been farmed to death, is the most crap-tastically crazy idea you have had to date.

This isn't the first time you've done this, either. The Thief motif being 1000 crowns, the turbans being slightly more expensive than the other hats, you seem to think arbitrarily jacking up the price has no effect on demand.

WELL IT DOES HAVE AN EFFECT ON DEMAND. I might have actually considered buying it were it at a reasonable price, but this isn't reasonable. If you were to decrease it by maybe 2 K crowns, then we'd be talking. BUT NOT IN IT"S CURRENT STATE, and it just so happens I cant even spare the money right now, so your limited offer sale is pointless.

You are your own worst enemy. Stop with the limited time crap, stop with the overblown pricing, fire whoever co-ordinates your prices, and your going to make alot more money.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k? Someone (multiple people?) in the marketing department done lost their mind

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just made a post about how BS the price is and it got closed within 3 minutes. You guys don't deserve to carry the Elder Scrolls name anymore. Bethesda shut this crap down!

As far as anyone can tell the person running the show when it comes to crown pricing/items works directly for Bethesda

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I would imagine the thread was locked because there is already an official discussion thread.

Also the age old thing, if you don't like the pricing or the product don't buy it. They won't list something again at a high price if it doesn't get sales.

The way this works is they keep pushing the bar a little higher until they find the sweet spot where they're getting more money and not seeing masses leaving the game or no sales at all.

The Crown Store has never been well priced on items if you translate them into RL values, if people are not happy with what's on there don't buy it and you won't help validate them.

If it's an item you really want then sadly you need to pay for it, this is the joys of F2P/B2P models.

Also Bethesda please don't shut this down, I really enjoy it. :sweat_smile:
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 the whales tell you you don't have to buy it and zo$ needs income lol
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the weakness of crafted sets, no thanks. Way too expensive for something I might never even use.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Meh. Style looks alright, but not something I'd wear.

It looks cool, but I have no characters that would wear it, so I agree.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Subtle cash grab
    2. Most everyone already farmed that motif by scaling normal MoL to level 10 pre OT
    3. Crafted sets aren't even comparable to dropped sets at the moment
    4. Not even a discreet price increase in crown store items
    5. Can't even imagine the cost of housing if you'll price a cosmetic motif higher than the cost of the actual game
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6K for a motif, when most people prefer dropped gear over crafted.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, so can we buy that Dro-m'Athra skin next?

10,000 crowns would seem a fair price.

:/
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Inb4 the whales tell you you don't have to buy it and zo$ needs income lol

Well I mean in this case it's kind of true. You don't have to buy it because it's only limited time on the Crown Store, it's in game and going to be in game forever assumingly.

As for ZOS needing to make money, well they do but this is how cash shops work, you keep setting the bar higher until you find the sweet spot. This is only really 1,000 crowns more than other rare motifs and we've become entirely accepting of 5,000 being acceptable for a motif.

The only way this won't become a trend is if it doesn't sell well.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bear no ill will to Zenimax for a 6,000 crown motif purchasable chapter by chapter (or full book) from guild stores. If someone spends the crowns, more power to Zenimax! I hope they build me a Clockwork City from the proceeds!

But for anyone spending those crowns on that motif, could you let me hold $20 till payday?
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Well I would imagine the thread was locked because there is already an official discussion thread.

Also the age old thing, if you don't like the pricing or the product don't buy it. They won't list something again at a high price if it doesn't get sales.

The way this works is they keep pushing the bar a little higher until they find the sweet spot where they're getting more money and not seeing masses leaving the game or no sales at all.

The Crown Store has never been well priced on items if you translate them into RL values, if people are not happy with what's on there don't buy it and you won't help validate them.

If it's an item you really want then sadly you need to pay for it, this is the joys of F2P/B2P models.

You know, on one hand I could say the price is justified because of the rarity. But on the other hand....6k??

Holy guacamole!

Makes me wonder about the prices on CS homes...

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    $40 for a freaking motif when the game itself is only $60 is insane. Goodbye ESO. Was fun for the months I played. Now I'm just going to check out the forums and watch the greed fest take root.

Keep in mind that this is more about master writs that require you to have certain motifs which they are now moving to the store. This means fewer and fewer people will be able to get them when they go for 30k if you don't have the time or desire to do the trial the umpteen times you need to for ALL the motifs. It means that those items in Rolis' inventory will likely be in the crown store for a hefty price since they go for a hefty number of writs on the PTS.

Yeah, I was feeling like I should keep up on my research but when I saw this today and thinking of all the things I saw in PTS along with the lack of new actual game content (updates like tam one and house do NOT count). There is no reason to stay. Sadly, I believe this game has seen its best days and they were never nearly as good as many other games, mainly skrim.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 26, 2017 3:59PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Zeni trying to kill this game?

Is Zeni attempting genuinely to kill their own game with the price increase in crown store items, horrible game balance and little actual new content?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

You know, on one hand I could say the price is justified because of the rarity. But on the other hand....6k??

Holy guacamole!

Makes me wonder about the prices on CS homes...

Which is again not outstanding when you look at every other one being 5k. I mean don't get me wrong it's a ridiculous price, but when they're selling standard motifs at 5k then a limited time offer at 6k really shouldn't shock people.
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    So now that there are items that are above 5.5k crowns, when do you plan on making the process to buy crowns not painfully slow (aka let us buy multiple packs at once)? Or at least introduce a higher pack tier that gives 11.5-12k crowns for $79.99 USD.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to wonder if the pricing was done purely to push the issue people have been talking about while speculating crown prices of housing. I have seen it mentioned that no other crown items have gone over the 5500 crown pack amount, so houses shouldn't either. Well now something has.

I half way expect major complaints and rage quits in 11 days when people, who are too lazy to farm the gold, see the crown prices for housing.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    We all wondered why they were so quick to patch the Rakkhat cheese when so many others are still floating around. Now we see...
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae