The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for the Thieves Guild Anniversary Event

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Today, we turned on the Thieves Guild Anniversary Event for testing on the PTS, which celebrates the original launch of the Thieves Guild DLC. In this event, you'll find that we've done the following:
  • Double yield from resource nodes in Hew's Bane
  • Double drops from World and Delve Bosses in Hew's Bane
  • Increased the rewards from performing Heists
  • Increased the amount of Dro-m'Athra style items obtained in the Maw of Lorkhaj

As you test out these changes, below is the specific feedback we're looking for:
  • Do you plan to spend time in Hew's Bane during this event? If so, what will you be focusing on?
  • Was there anything that you thought would work a certain way during the event, but didn't?
  • As always, any additional feedback about the event you'd like to share?

This event will be available to test through the week until next Tuesday at 10:00am EST.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you make the Thieves Quests give Double Guild Rep during the event?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double whiskers from Maw of Lorkhaj is not quite as exciting as double drops from Maelstrom in Orsinium event...
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about doing something for thievery in general ? Like doubelling the fencing limit or increasing the drop rates of the more valuable stolen items.
    Edited by Ahzek on January 24, 2017 9:34PM
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a concern that Hew's Bane is pretty small. Can we have player collision turned on so that we can jump from head to head and not touch the ground, please? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    How about doing something for thievery in general ? Like doubelling the fencing limit or increasing the drop rates of the more valuable stolen items.

This is a great idea to celebrate the Thieves Guild. Steal more and get more for your loot!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

This is a great idea to celebrate the Thieves Guild. Steal more and get more for your loot!

Stealing and fencing is a function of the justice system though. At least "officially". But I like the idea.
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Could you make the Thieves Quests give Double Guild Rep during the event?

this ^
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: make the hat from the Merchant Lord's Regalia, the costume you receive from completing the Thieves Guild questline, drop as a runebox from the Heist quests during the event.

The hat:
    Merchant-Lords-Formal-Regalia-Male-Close-Front.jpg

It's visually unique, and I can't think of any clipping issues it would have with other costumes or armor types.

Apart from that, everything looks good. My only other suggestion would be to double Lorkhaj drops during the event.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we could have double drops from Maw of Lorkhaj in general (not only style materials), and maybe double XP in Hew's Bane.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    Perhaps we could have double drops from Maw of Lorkhaj in general (not only style materials), and maybe double XP in Hew's Bane.

^
    This. We had double loot for orsinium, why not for vMOL ?
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, could we get an increased chance to get the Abah's Landing style motif from dailies?
    Edited by Vanthras79 on January 24, 2017 10:52PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Incubusphan
    Incubusphan
    ✭✭
    You should increase the drop rate of sharp trait on weapons in maw of lorkaj for the event.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »

Stealing and fencing is a function of the justice system though. At least "officially". But I like the idea.

Yeah, officially this comes under the Ledgermain and not TG, but I thought it a neat idea.

@ZOS_GinaBruno How about putting more of those Thieves Troves around Hew's Bane, too? :smiley:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit has a most humble request. Can perhaps fellow Khajiit Pirharri have her unfortunate "finder's fee" of 35% removed for the event? It is quite large, y es? And... perhaps, we can even double the number of stolen items to launder/sell during these most glorious quick-fingered times?
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we get double money from fencing stolen goods during this event?
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Double whiskers from Maw of Lorkhaj is not quite as exciting as double drops from Maelstrom in Orsinium event...

Yea, that's... very underwhelming, to say the least.

How about double the chance for weapon drops from MoL? I know tanks who are still looking for that defending or infused 1H Alkosh sword, and I want a sharp Moondancer inferno staff.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • CloneTrooper699
    CloneTrooper699
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably too late now but for future DLC anniversaries (Dark Brotherhood) could you add a couple of short repeatable quests similar to the new life festival. Also probably too late but having runeboxes with costumes hat's or mementos that can only be obtained through pickpocketing and looting in Hew's Bane (or other places) would be pretty cool, I can just imagine the pickpocket farming everywhere, the guards would be going crazy.

I love the ideas above about removing the smuggler's fee of 35%, increasing the fence interactions and the sale price of stolen goods.

Hey, and arrrrr double xp never hurt anybody :wink:
    I'm a goat
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double style item from Mol needs to be changed.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Does the repeatable quests of thief guild receive the double drop bonus too (the quests to steal items/break into justice chests/Launder items and that have a chance to drop Abah's Watch motifs)

Edited by KaiDynasty on January 25, 2017 7:45AM
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it some suit somewhere decided DLCs in general and this one in particular weren't selling enough >.<
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] As always, any additional feedback about the event you'd like to share?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. I've (for my shame) yet to complete Thieves Guild so this might convince me to jump into the zone and do more there.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, we turned on the Thieves Guild Anniversary Event for testing on the PTS, which celebrates the original launch of the Thieves Guild DLC. In this event, you'll find that we've done the following:
    • Double yield from resource nodes in Hew's Bane
    • Double drops from World and Delve Bosses in Hew's Bane
    • Increased the rewards from performing Heists
    • Increased the amount of Dro-m'Athra style items obtained in the Maw of Lorkhaj

As you test out these changes, below is the specific feedback we're looking for:
    • Do you plan to spend time in Hew's Bane during this event? If so, what will you be focusing on?
    • Was there anything that you thought would work a certain way during the event, but didn't?
    • As always, any additional feedback about the event you'd like to share?

This event will be available to test through the week until next Tuesday at 10:00am EST.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Define "Dro-m'Athra style items".

Are we talking more purple (vet)/blue (normal) loot from the chests and more gold from final chest or, as already pointed out, two whiskers instead of one?

Also "increased the amount" is very vague. Does it mean double the loot, 1.5x the loot, higher level loot than usual, higher chance of getting BiS loot?

Help us out here so we know it's worthwhile getting a raid together on the PTS from the few who have it installed to test out these things.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double whiskers in MoL seems really pointless.... and given the way the other anniversary events have gone feels a bit... well, cheap really.

The grind for gear and weapons in there with good traits is one of the worst grinds in the game due to the RNG factor and the fact that its some of the most desirable gear in the game...

surely the real incentive for people to go back (Or to buy the DLC if they haven't already) would be to increase the drop rate of the weapons and gear?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been nice with something that drew people out of Hew's Bane. Wrothgar was heavily crowded and completely vacuumed for mats during the Orsinium event. Hew's Bane is tiny in comparison, and double mat drops will ensure that every harvest bot will be present there.

- Double the amount of loot - or half the respawn rate - of the Thieves Troves in the world, would make searching for them more worhwile, and draw people out of Hew's Bane.
    - Haggling is a Thieves Guild passive, make it work twice as good during the event. 20 % increase in value of fenced goods instead of 10 % at max rank. Draws people out of Hew's Bane, and it's a TG DLC only skill line.
    - Something else should have been done for MoL. Double Whiskers is extremely lackluster.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Double whiskers in MoL seems really pointless.... and given the way the other anniversary events have gone feels a bit... well, cheap really.

The grind for gear and weapons in there with good traits is one of the worst grinds in the game due to the RNG factor and the fact that its some of the most desirable gear in the game...

surely the real incentive for people to go back (Or to buy the DLC if they haven't already) would be to increase the drop rate of the weapons and gear?

I agree :smile: I remember these awesome IC and Orsinium events when I didn't even leave the sewers (farming the skin) and vMA (farming weapons) during the whole events! I really missed the sun of Tamriel back then... Well, I didn't get what I was after but still...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that clarification is needed.

"Dro-m'athra style items" could mean just the whiskers which is incredibly underwhelming or it could mean any item that has the Dro-m'athra style which would be much more exciting.
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭
    Does this mean double the chance of a moondancer sharp? Or double whiskers...
  • Henryc1t807
    Henryc1t807
    ✭✭
    How about giving us all that *** skin
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe reduce the max population per instance? I think that would take care of most of the concerns about overcrowding. Also worth noting is that many other zones are resource heavy and with all the competition in Hew's Bane, you farmers might do just as well farming abandoned areas during the event.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!