The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Show off your Gardens

FooWasHere
FooWasHere
✭✭✭
This forums needs more gardens to chill in! I've tested out designing some gardens on the PTS. I started out with two that looked decently challenging. The Sleek Creek House, with a lot of hard surfaces, and Velothi Reverie, where I found the yard quite dour. Both are houses which I'm considering, and I wanted to see if they could be made to work.

None of them have much furnishing but the default "buy furnished" option, as I'm only testing the gardens really.

Sleek Creek

OlAFwSk.png

qbCaX4e.png

q3yN0Qm.png

qvwSvxf.png
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Velothi Reverie

Here I built a terrace from blocks, both to insert some variation and to get a view outside. Again no real furniture placed.

wUCtXbA.png

VK9fLMK.png

navRlxA.jpg

TBge4Hz.png
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity Falls Estate:

I nicked trees from Strident Springs Demesne and the large cypresses from the big island property because TESO doesn't have any really big trees available on the gem store or in vendors (that I found) and I wanted it to feel a bit like an old forest.

So TESO, please make some of your really tall trees available in some way. Thank you.

tejlda1.jpg
    grraJxo.jpg
    q6jvebr.jpg
    JCcc3eb.jpg
    2mOsRHJ.jpg
    8zFG2x0.jpg
    6sRSzZ7.jpg
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FooWasHere wrote: »
    navRlxA.jpg

Too bad having a garden like that takes up so much of your item cap that the interior looks horrible. :(
    Edited by willlienellson on January 22, 2017 8:28PM
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad having a garden like that takes up so much of your item cap that the interior looks horrible. :(

The item count including the "default" furniture is somewhere just above 200 I think, so with ESO+ I think you can well get a decent house. And garden > house anyway! :smiley:

-Foo
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you guys have done an amazing job with these!
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A real inspiration. I'll be happy if I'm able to make mine look half as good as these :)
    PC EU
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Phaius wrote: »
    Serenity Falls Estate:

I nicked trees from Strident Springs Demesne and the large cypresses from the big island property because TESO doesn't have any really big trees available on the gem store or in vendors (that I found) and I wanted it to feel a bit like an old forest.

So TESO, please make some of your really tall trees available in some way. Thank you.

Oh that was absolutely Grand! Inspiring!
    I was thinking of doing a large garden next, just to see how much it takes to make it work. There's a lot of ground, and I think you picked exactly the right strategy. One need to go with the forest look. Manicuring it would take way too much items to "cover all the dirt".

-Foo

• Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭

Oh that was absolutely Grand! Inspiring!
    I was thinking of doing a large garden next, just to see how much it takes to make it work. There's a lot of ground, and I think you picked exactly the right strategy. One need to go with the forest look. Manicuring it would take way too much items to "cover all the dirt".

-Foo

Thanks! I tried a more formal approach with the Strident Springs Demesne since the property kind of calls for it, but to make garden bed walls, the only blocks were the small stone blocks and using those ate up so much of the item cap. A more naturalisitc approach works better and doesn't use up so much of that cap (tbh, I wish TESO would raise the cap to 1K at estates... at least). There are ways to get a full garden that doesn't use so much of the cap but it does require the bigger trees and less of the smaller plants, but working with natural features helps a lot, like putting plants around rocks, using big fillers, etc.
  • Frondale
    Frondale
    ✭✭✭
    Great pics of the gardens. I love a pretty garden myself and was very keen to try and make one.

I have not been on PTS. So have I got this straight?

The items like trees and such that are already in your unfurnished, freshly bought house are included in the item limit from the start?

I agree, item cap needs to be raised to allow for nicer gardens.
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Frondale wrote: »
    Great pics of the gardens. I love a pretty garden myself and was very keen to try and make one.

The items like trees and such that are already in your unfurnished, freshly bought house are included in the item limit from the start?

When you buy an unfurnished house, the house and (any) garden contains no items at all. I bought the "Furnished" option (crowns only) to start off with, and then there was like 50--60 items in the house and garden in total. And those items count and can be used as normal items.

• covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner House - Wayrest
    Screenshot_20170110_005919.png

Screenshot_20170110_010039.png

Screenshot_20170110_010021.png

Screenshot_20170110_005946.png
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish we had more inner city houses with garden areas, would be really nice to break away from a busy area full of players and npcs and jump straight into a nice shady treed area (with a pool!), right in the heart of the city.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serenity Falls Estate:

tejlda1.jpg
    grraJxo.jpg
    q6jvebr.jpg
    JCcc3eb.jpg
    2mOsRHJ.jpg
    8zFG2x0.jpg
    6sRSzZ7.jpg

Wow, this is beautiful! :smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you buy an unfurnished house, the house and (any) garden contains no items at all. I bought the "Furnished" option (crowns only) to start off with, and then there was like 50--60 items in the house and garden in total. And those items count and can be used as normal items.

I bought houses unfurnished with gold and they all came with some trees, shrubbery, rocks, and a couple interior lights.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭

THEY'RE THERE!! In standard Vendors and called Tree, Sturdy Shade (green quality, size massive). See below at 9:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEQFUPrWu0

These were available in several places I think but specifically Rawl'Ka in Reapers March. See below at 16:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx--W441YQI
    Edited by Icy on January 23, 2017 8:45PM
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    I bought houses unfurnished with gold and they all came with some trees, shrubbery, rocks, and a couple interior lights.
    Yup, you're right, I looked at the "unfurnished" options a bit more, and there's indeed some items in the yard, even for the small houses.
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »

Wow, this is beautiful! :smile:

Thanks! I admit I'm mostly in for Homestead just to build gardens :D
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenity Falls Estate:

tejlda1.jpg
    grraJxo.jpg
    q6jvebr.jpg
    JCcc3eb.jpg
    2mOsRHJ.jpg
    8zFG2x0.jpg
    6sRSzZ7.jpg

I sense sweetfx at work here. The shading and overall colors look richer than the normal palette.

Looks fabulous!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here.

Although it's not always clear until you buy it what's an item which counts towards the item limit but can be moved and what's part of the terrain and therefore can't be moved but doesn't count towards the limit.

For example there's some patches of purple flowers in Humblemud which are just part of the ground texture, even though you can buy very similar flowers. It's even more confusing with rocks. When I bought Mournoth Keep I removed all the default items and was surprised to find that some things I had thought were 1 rock were actually two different rocks, one part of the terrain and one placeable which was positioned to look like an extension of it.

But things like trees and shrubs are always items. They will count towards the limit but you'll be able to move them, take them to another house or get rid of them completely if you want to.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_MandiParker
    ZOS_MandiParker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simply beautiful! We love seeing the creativity of players, and I have a feeling that you folks are gonna love some of the upcoming offerings from the Luxury Furnisher. :)
    Mandi Parker
    Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Simply beautiful! We love seeing the creativity of players, and I have a feeling that you folks are gonna love some of the upcoming offerings from the Luxury Furnisher. :)

I'm confident that we'll get raised flower beds, edge stone borders, and small and midsize earth pots for flowers then! :smile:

Edit: typing, hard stuff...
    Edited by FooWasHere on January 25, 2017 10:55PM
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity Falls Estate:

tejlda1.jpg
    grraJxo.jpg
    q6jvebr.jpg
    JCcc3eb.jpg
    2mOsRHJ.jpg
    8zFG2x0.jpg
    6sRSzZ7.jpg

this is really beautiful!!!
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread gives me LIFE! <3

Could we please up the cap on how many items you can place in/outside your house. This is beautiful what our community has done to these gardens :)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 25, 2017 8:13PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff guys!

This is what I made in the Ebonheart chateau.

126195Screenshot20170118202959.png
    951473Screenshot20170119011704.png
    889755Screenshot20170119011651.png
    361815Screenshot20170118203049.png
    321658Screenshot20170118203033.png
    635503Screenshot20170118203030.png
    879326Screenshot20170118203016.png
    947730Screenshot20170118203008.png
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 25, 2017 10:21PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    I had a go at the Twin Arches garden. The house is lovely but I wasn't optimistic about the garden, as I like it really lush--which doesn't really feel right in a desert environment. There's just a tiny green patch.

The selection of cacti was quite small, and I found it difficult to make good stone arrangements with the limited variation of desert stones available.
    Inspiration welcome! :smile:

vmvNblT.png

md4Q6QO.png

JA9dJFw.png

AiFUQMR.png

The new Prairie Flowers were very nice. I chose to place them in pots as I imagine the desert sand would be a bit harsh.
    I added a well in the corner as I imagine the garden would require a lot of water.

-Foo
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread. Thank you.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Great stuff guys!

This is what I made in the Ebonheart chateau.

126195Screenshot20170118202959.png
    951473Screenshot20170119011704.png
    889755Screenshot20170119011651.png
    361815Screenshot20170118203049.png
    321658Screenshot20170118203033.png
    635503Screenshot20170118203030.png
    879326Screenshot20170118203016.png
    947730Screenshot20170118203008.png

WOW!
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any Garden insp for Large Altmer house? :)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man look at these, they are just great. I'll need so much help with my house t.t
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    I started a dunmer and nord garden theme, in Quondam Indorilia and Old Mistveil Manor. (Both are not finish, just wanted to test and see what I can do)

Quondam Indorilia.

m7glsuiqotay.png
    9snsyqhs9otm.png
    emzx1wdos5a6.png
    nplfpvn2sm8u.png
    9rji2mtroq39.png

Old Mistveil Manor.

hrl0cwd4s8ak.png
    ku3a23toys9r.png
    zrtcays62jed.png
    76es64dlsjmc.png
    2ky8hurgxq6s.png
    pfp4zbhnc4ty.png
    Edited by Toraf on January 26, 2017 3:26AM
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.