The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Campaign for what?

Iskrasfemme
Iskrasfemme
✭✭✭✭

Nothing, absolutely nothing I have against players who 'change sides' every day. However, I have against a policy adopted by ZOS that allows players to change sides 'at the taste of conveniences'. Bad for those who fight hard and loyal to a faction, alias, the idea of creating a campaign where they fight factions, does not seem to combine with the 'taste of conveniences'.

In a world where everyone - unfortunately - wants to take advantage of others, opportunism prevails. It's no different in game.

But then, for a campaign if, depending on the score, can we change sides to stay on the side of the 'winners'?

Iskras love u >:)
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't spend 90% of their time in-game sending hate tells to every person who kills them and actually have friends on other factions. I know, it's probably hard to believe.
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    Iskra, I think you consistently fail to realize that this is a game. People play this for fun and entertainment. Each player will find something different to be fun. What YOU seem fun is your opinion as well, but for *** sake keep it to yourself. We don't need to see a post in zone, whispers and forum posts every time an opposing alliance takes a keep or you see someone you know playing an opposing alliance FOR FUN. Get over yourself, caring about the campaign is long gone. There is NO POINT to winning a campaign.
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskra, I think you consistently fail to realize that this is a game. People play this for fun and entertainment. Each player will find something different to be fun. What YOU seem fun is your opinion as well, but for *** sake keep it to yourself. We don't need to see a post in zone, whispers and forum posts every time an opposing alliance takes a keep or you see someone you know playing an opposing alliance FOR FUN. Get over yourself, caring about the campaign is long gone. There is NO POINT to winning a campaign.

Agree :)

I wrote this 'Nothing, absolutely nothing I have against players who' change sides 'every day.' To make it clear that I have nothing against third-party definitions of 'fun'.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most I can do is 'propose' something about my faction. This I learned over time 'in game'. But I question a 'method' adopted in specific campaigns. I believe that ESO has space for everything and everyone and I hope it always is so. So, who knows, create something specific to factions - in this case, restricted to the faction 'chosen by the player'?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The most I can do is 'propose' something about my faction. This I learned over time 'in game'. But I question a 'method' adopted in specific campaigns. I believe that ESO has space for everything and everyone and I hope it always is so. So, who knows, create something specific to factions - in this case, restricted to the faction 'chosen by the player'?

This existed early last year, it was scraped because of mass negative feedback.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

This existed early last year, it was scraped because of mass negative feedback.

I enter in campaign in this year. Good to know that.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telel finds that the knowledge you worked with other people to accomplish a somewhat difficult challenge is sufficient to make not failing on purpose better than....failing on purpose.

So humble khajiit respectfully disagrees with your claims that there is no point. They shall also call you an elf faced elf for saying that the days of friendship and trying to win are as dead as that village with the funny name and rude mayor.

AS for the point this one thinks you should have settled on making....Telel thinks you should have settled on making it.

Unless your point was that farming your friends for AP and clogging up the queue on the last competitive server is a good idea.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

Telel finds that the knowledge you worked with other people to accomplish a somewhat difficult challenge is sufficient to make not failing on purpose better than....failing on purpose.

So humble khajiit respectfully disagrees with your claims that there is no point. They shall also call you an elf faced elf for saying that the days of friendship and trying to win are as dead as that village with the funny name and rude mayor.

AS for the point this one thinks you should have settled on making....Telel thinks you should have settled on making it.

Unless your point was that farming your friends for AP and clogging up the queue on the last competitive server is a good idea.

And I humbly disagree with yours as well. If ever there is a reason to win the campaign other than a chance at tempers and wax from deconning gold items or 10 wall repair kits, then by all means I will play the objective. Until then, I will continue to do what I consider fun, which is to suicide into groups and take as many enemies as I can with me :smile:
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for some unneeded bait. For further discussion please refrain from calling others out as that is considered naming and shaming, which is against the Forum Rules. Let's leave the fighting on Nirn :smile:

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

And I humbly disagree with yours as well. If ever there is a reason to win the campaign other than a chance at tempers and wax from deconning gold items or 10 wall repair kits, then by all means I will play the objective. Until then, I will continue to do what I consider fun, which is to suicide into groups and take as many enemies as I can with me :smile:

The magic of friendship is all the reason this one needs to not lose on purpose. Which is why this one spreads it in so many inventive ways via the medium of zone chat, and team speak lead PUGs.

Though making sure those darn dirty Griffs and Tucker's don't always get their way is an added bonus.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn down for what?
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no big advantages switching to the winning faction.

Being among first in a loosing campaign gets you better rewards than being ranked somewhere in the middle of the winning campaign.