Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extreme lag

MrAppleman
MrAppleman
✭✭✭
This is disgusting. I am NA ps4 in the IC on Haderus and players are jumping around during fights.

Horrendous ***.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on NA PC....the disconnects are happening more and more lately.....sad.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA here, game is borderline unplayable.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just quit. Who wants my stuff?
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    I just quit. Who wants my stuff?

I'll take it :-)
  • DarkDeller
    Yup im in aus, have a 100mb down 40mb up and can barely play.
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    my skills become desynced often and I'm guessing it is due to the lag this thread is describing. I literally cannot weave while it's happening and I basically have to pray that my skill commands actually get executed.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Latency issues like this are normally linked with Internet connectivity and network issues.

To assist with ruling out the most common causes we would like you to first complete the below process:

Power Cycling the Network

Power cycling the network will allow you to start over and re-establish a connection to the internet, eliminating any stale connections causing an issue. To complete this please follow the below steps:
    1.Shut down the computer
    2.Turn off your router and/or modem
    3.Wait two minutes and turn your router and/or modem back on
    4.Wait an additional two minutes for them to power up and then turn back on the computer

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_PeterT wrote: »
    Latency issues like this are normally linked with Internet connectivity and network issues.

To assist with ruling out the most common causes we would like you to first complete the below process:

Power cycling the network will allow you to start over and re-establish a connection to the internet, eliminating any stale connections causing an issue. To complete this please follow the below steps:
    1.Shut down the computer
    4.Wait an additional two minutes for them to power up and then turn back on the computer

Most of us have tried that time and time again. We can ping every over server with no issue except yours. The fact that everyone gets it should tell you that this is not a local latency issue that this is server server side or possibly throttling from the ISP either way fix what is causing rather than insulting us with the same suggestions that do nothing.

Your customer are not that stupid stop thinking that we are.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    many problem started With dueling in city and People stand and do duel around wayshine and inside banks, this is so bad and you shouldnot let it be possible to do duelling in city and in banks, find a special Place People cango for do duel ythen they also know who wanna do, im so tierd of beeing aksed for duel and if you not do many rude and Call you noob, im not in this game for do duel im here as role player and im 31 and feel thiis game start to be bad and maybe time for find a New game to play, and i lay in pve so why we need duel in pve it should been inn pvp,
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1.Shut down the computer

I think this copy-pasta was meant to be sent to the people running your servers; not us. I understand the mistake though, its ok :)
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad ZOS replied back to me. I tried. Everything. But not work. However I like ZOS. They been helpful in sending me steps though. Friendly also. However. If steps not work. Contact sony. ZOS gave me links in support to Sony. Sadly both links to sony. Is not valid. " it's not you. Its us"

The good thing is and temporarily fix. Which is not mentioned in my support ticket. Is by reinstalling my whole game. (15hrs) (left it at night and morning in standby) Good thing. No lag at all and Cyrodiil was playable. Sad part. Lasted only 3 hrs and lag and freezing start again. :blush:
    Edited by Serjustin19 on January 30, 2017 3:56PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1.Shut down the computer

Was running with the guild on Sunday - 24 of us in the group. Lag was universal across all players in the team anytime we entered a battle in Cyrodiil. Many of us have tried the tips above.

~Deedle
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag ?? What lag ? I tough that the 2 second delay between bar swap is intendet game Mechanic.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off ALL wifi

ALL of it
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• FairRow
    FairRow
    Soul Shriven
    DarkDeller wrote: »
    Yup im in aus, have a 100mb down 40mb up and can barely play.

Ayy, got the same issue here. Who's your ISP? I'm with TPG...
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zero lag --- ever... in Sydney Australia

Telstra NBN 100/100

I get 82MB Download and 49MB Upload on the ps4 on average.

All my of guild is complaining about the same thing, yet I get no lag at all ever, even in cryodil.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my guild mates from across 3 countries have same ping spikes at same time being in diferent zones
    This started to happen since 3 days ago. Please dont tell us its our Internet
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my guild mates from across 3 countries have same ping spikes at same time being in diferent zones

It's bloody weird because I get zero lag like none zero! from Sydney Aus but EVERYONE in my guild and other mates are same the!

Like why do they get it and not I? 1/100?

It's not your internet this I can tell you 100% trust me we have gone through so many scenarios
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

It's bloody weird because I get zero lag like none zero! from Sydney Aus but EVERYONE in my guild and other mates are same the!

It's not your internet this I can tell you 100% trust me we have gone through so many scenarios

Are you on pro? Or standard PS4?
    How many hours you play?
    Did you ever get blue screened?
    Pc na
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »

How many hours you play?
    akl77 wrote: »

How many hours you play?

Yes I am on the pro
    I play every day... for like 4+ hrs
    Never any more!

This is weird!
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never know if next minute will get blue screen. Seeing crowds means crashing for me.
    I'd rather spend my time on other games without the frustrations.
    Pc na
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    Playing the game less and less as my crashes increase. As others have said, you can mitigate crashing by playing at a forced 1080p resolution (ie, turn off 4k in the system settings), or just avoid popular cities. When Morrowind hits, this forum is going to explode if they do not figure out how to decrease lag/crashing.
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1.Shut down the computer

So for the longest time, when complaining about lag, we've been getting replies such as this. It's our fault, it's our internet's fault, it's not ZOS's issue.

But then, in a turnaround, there's this post admitting the lag, and announcing a drastic test to alleviate the issue, at least for a week.

I worked public relations for three years at a nuclear plant, where we were told "always be up front and tell the truth, no matter how much it hurts." Cause, if you're not upfront, it's gonna come around and bite you in the butt.

So, yeah. There's lag. You knew it, and now you've admitted it. So quit saying: "Latency issues like this are normally linked with Internet connectivity and network issues."

~Deedle
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil