Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for ESO's Anniversary Event

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
On Tuesday (sorry we're late!) we activated ESO's Anniversary Event on the PTS for testing. Similar to last year, you'll need to complete a quest, Ache for Cake, in order to receive this year's special cake which will grant double XP. You'll also receive a book that provides daily/weekly quests for you to complete, and each one awards an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box containing various goodies. While we'd love to get feedback on the event as a whole, specific feedback the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to complete Chef Donolon's quest?
  • Did you understand how to activate the double XP buff?
  • Did you find the Adventurer's Almanac? Did you understand what it was saying?
  • Were you able to obtain any Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes? Was it worth your while?
  • Were there any quests that should have provided an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box, but did not?

The testing for this event will end next Tuesday morning (1/24) at 10am EST.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll also receive a book that provides daily/weekly quests for you to complete

Really? Logs back in . . .
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's this book then? I completed Ache For Cake yesterday and didn't notice anything other than the cake in the rewards.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its not another keg style xp buff....
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc, so the book is right next to Donovan on the dock. It's a book that lists all the dailies in the game. I read it before and found it cool but that was it. That is the book referenced. But it doesn't give a quest at all. However, actually performing dailies does give the Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes as an extra reward on daily turn in. I was under the influence of the Cake when I turned them in. I'm not sure if that's required for the extra reward. I will provide more feedback once I checkout the extra rewards.

@Kendo12, it is a memento that gives the XP boost. You should also note that they said they are adding a memento to the Jester's Festival as well for the XP boost as a result of feedback.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got several Anniversary Gift boxes today from writs without having done the quest (I didn't realize there was a quest). I am pleased with them in general, as it will be a good way to help us get some furnishing materials. I had two with single page motifs which were nice but I'm hoping some will perhaps have some blue or purple recipes as well - it seems like purple furniture recipes will not be easy to get for awhile!

I'll try to find the book and quests to check them out next time I play.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is somewhat unrelated, but does Chef Donolon reveal which Daedric Prince(s) have been on his cake waiting list this time?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    @Enodoc, so the book is right next to Donovan on the dock. It's a book that lists all the dailies in the game. I read it before and found it cool but that was it. That is the book referenced. But it doesn't give a quest at all. However, actually performing dailies does give the Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes as an extra reward on daily turn in. I was under the influence of the Cake when I turned them in. I'm not sure if that's required for the extra reward. I will provide more feedback once I checkout the extra rewards.
    Cool, thanks. I'll have to go and have a look :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the rewards from the gift boxes? I really don't feel like jumping through a bunch of dailies to find this out, especially considering that I will most likely have to grind these dailies for a long time on live server, like in the New Life festival.

Are they recipes, component, crafting mats, and is there anything unique that you only get from the gift boxes, or not?

This we really need to know.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 20, 2017 10:12AM
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, I love the rewards from the jubilee gift boxes. I've gotten motifs (akaviri, minotaur, dwemer etc.) gold tempers, new furniture materials, small trophies and other items. Even the "trash" items aren't so bad since they can be sold for gold (same items you get from stealing).

Well done on the rewards :)

Ps. I got all my gift boxes from doing Crafting Writs.
    Edited by Edenprime on January 20, 2017 5:25PM
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. I'll have to go and have a look :)

@Enodoc @Dominoid - could any of you possibly datamine and share the possible rewards from the gift boxes for us? =p
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Carbonised Drop tables aren't dataminable. Without an easy source for attainment I can't get anything with a large enough sample size to assemble drops. I did check the code and there is only one item code for the Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box. This should mean regardless of what daily you got the box from, the contents chance is identical.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edenprime wrote: »
    I have to say, I love the rewards from the jubilee gift boxes. I've gotten motifs (akaviri, minotaur, dwemer etc.) gold tempers, new furniture materials, small trophies and other items. Even the "trash" items aren't so bad since they can be sold for gold (same items you get from stealing).

Well done on the rewards :)

Omg wow! I'm really loving this concept. Special rewards from any daily and tons of motifs and crafting materials? Awesome ZOS! You guys really know how to raise the bar! :wink:

PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna chime in and say the reward gift boxes are very cool. Kudos guys and gals of ZOS.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Which motifs are available in the jubilee boxes?
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo can't wait :D it's in APril...right...
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any list/pictures of rewards?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

I took pictures of all the boxes I had in my inventory from crafting writs (115 boxes). There are definitely duplicates, but this gives you an idea what to expect.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/iC7v2

For example:
    8w6JsT0.jpg

Edit: I'll keep adding more pictures as I do more writs :)
    Edited by Edenprime on January 22, 2017 12:06AM
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I took pictures of all the boxes I had in my inventory from crafting writs (115 boxes). There are definitely duplicates, but this gives you an idea what to expect.

For example:
    8w6JsT0.jpg

Thanks!
    Although I didn't see any unique/new things?

Is it just random old/existing things? Like no new polymorph/clothes/motifs etc?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DPShiro If you don't want the contents, feel free to send them to me. ;)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For example:
    8w6JsT0.jpg

Wow. That was quite the undertaking and this is quite the resource.
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭

For example:
    8w6JsT0.jpg

Wow. That was quite the undertaking and this is quite the resource.

I can add more tomorrow when I do more writs :) Also not really a big undertaking since I just took screenshots of each and made an action in photoshop to crop that area and batched it through :D I might have too much time in my hands...
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can anybody say if there's a new motif to this? Or runeboxes, recipes ect.

And a screenshot of achievements would be greatly appreciated!
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    So can anybody say if there's a new motif to this? Or runeboxes, recipes ect.

And a screenshot of achievements would be greatly appreciated!

Doesn't seem to be anything new in them. Since it's not a holiday event there are no achievements that I know of.

Also I added 76 more pictures to the gift box album http://imgur.com/a/iC7v2
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to complete Chef Donolon's quest?
    Yes, I already had all the ingredients to complete it.

Did you understand how to activate the double XP buff?
    Yes, same as last year, by activating the memento.

Did you find the Adventurer's Almanac? Did you understand what it was saying?
    Hmm, I did see the book and activated it, to get it for the Eidetic Memory, but I didn't actually read it. I also didn't think it was in any way relevant to the anniversary event. Maybe there should be an additional quest stage so we can get a quest marker above the book? Or an iventory version of it. Thus it would be clearer that it's useful for the event.

Were you able to obtain any Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes? Was it worth your while?
    I did complete a few dailies (the crafting dailies) while having the XP buff, but just because I read in the forums that they provide anniversary gift boxes. The boxes were awarded as expected and the contents were quite useful.

Were there any quests that should have provided an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box, but did not?
    Not sure, since I didn't read the book.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we'd love to get feedback on the event as a whole, specific feedback the team is looking for includes the following:
    Yes. No problems here.
    Have your cake, and eat it!
    Only after @Dominoid told me where it was ;) It appears to be a lore-based rundown of daily quests, but there's no indication that these dailies are in any way related to the Anniversary event or the Jubilee Gift Boxes.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, though I really had no idea anything was going on until I opened the crown store to look at something else and saw the cake. Maybe there was supposed to be a pop-up and I just didn't get it? If not, there probably should be one.

Yes, because I had done it last year. Can't say how obvious it would be for a new player.

I found the book only because I read about it in this thread. It just looks like any other book and I normally would have ignored it. I did not understand what the point of it was until I also read about that here.
    Were you able to obtain any Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes? Was it worth your while?

I got multiple boxes from doing writs, and was generally pleased with the contents. I would love to see some blue/purple furniture recipes added!
    Were there any quests that should have provided an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box, but did not?

Since I didn't understand the book I had no idea about what quests would work, so I only got them from writs. I would suggest detailing the quest list when you do a news post about the event so that at least a portion of the playerbase would know, and could tell others that ask.

It would also be nice to have a couple of new simple daily quests like we get for other events, though I do get that this isn't really an "event." I'm pleased with the boxes at least.

• opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Were you able to complete Chef Donolon's quest?
      Yes. In fact, all of the ingredients he asks for are laying around him out in the open. They don't even count as stolen items. I assume this is by design? :P
    • Did you understand how to activate the double XP buff?
      Yes, but mainly because I participated in last year's event. I can't recall if there was any specific instruction on how to get the buff, or if it would even be needed.
    • Did you find the Adventurer's Almanac? Did you understand what it was saying?
      I already knew how the event works from reading the forum, but it doesn't seem like it was self-evident. I loved getting a book written by the best Daggerfall Covenant character, though, so there's that. ;)
    • Were you able to obtain any Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes? Was it worth your while?
      Did not have time to test. Based on screenshots I've seen, it looks worth my while.
    • Were there any quests that should have provided an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box, but did not?
      Did not test. Sorry.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this! Good job zos! :-)
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Were you able to complete Chef Donolon's quest?
    No. The voucher does not show up in my inventory, nor does it show up in the Crown Store.

[*] Did you understand how to activate the double XP buff?
    See above.

[*] Did you find the Adventurer's Almanac? Did you understand what it was saying?
    I've seen it before in the Undaunted camp of all three alliance capitals, though if there is a new edition, I've yet to read it. The 1st lists various DLC, activity, etc, in my understanding.

[*] Were you able to obtain any Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes? Was it worth your while?
    They do show up on the reward screen of daily quests, yes, but they don't appear in my inventory. If I can't access them, how are they worth any time at all?

[*] Were there any quests that should have provided an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box, but did not?
    Pledges and crafting writs.

Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AverageFurry the Anniversary Event is no longer available on PTS and haven't yet started on Live.