Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing too expensive

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    how the hell are normal people that don't play 100+ hours a week supposed to come up with that kind of gold?

for such people there is only one way - buy gold for cash
    but its illegal

if you wont play much trade much and grind much, you will not earn gold for manors in legit ways
    thats all

All the houses will be available via the Crown Store as well. If you want to spend money for one give it directly to ZOS

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We have moved this discussion to the public test server forum as housing is available on PTS only.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best houses obviously need to cost a bit, but 3 mil gold? I have 60k on a good day, how the hell are normal people that don't play 100+ hours a week supposed to come up with that kind of gold?

As someone who doesn't play 100+ hours a week, yet still has a few million gold, I'm actually glad that there's such a massive goldsink, also the fact that not everyone will have it and that a title is associated with it, makes it kind of prestigious. Mind you I don't have enough bank to buy all the 3 manors, but I do know a few people that do. There are also a few traders with 100+ million gold, who will finally have stuff to spend their ridiculous "wealth" on.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    I currently have less than 100K gold and I think they got the prices spot on. Large houses and mansions should be 1Million plus.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Are they one time purchases or is there an upkeep/maintenance fee for them?
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can any of you adventurers post housing prices? at least a few. I'm not on PTS and I'd really love to get an overview of what the hell all the fuss is about. Thank you!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of like the fact that I can't afford all of the houses right off the bat. It gives me something to work towards; ESO is a game where it is crazy easy to make gold, though a million still takes a bit - join a trading guild, make sure you have all the slots filled, and you should be able to afford a pretty house at least by the time the patch drops.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another entitlement thread where someone feels they deserve everything handed to them. You can't have the manor because you don't play the merchant game. Get over it. It's like if everyone believed they deserved to become emperor.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on January 4, 2017 3:56PM
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    Can any of you adventurers post housing prices? at least a few. I'm not on PTS and I'd really love to get an overview of what the hell all the fuss is about. Thank you!

It is listed in the patch notes on PTS.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Are they one time purchases or is there an upkeep/maintenance fee for them?

One time cost, no ongoing maintenance per patch notes.
    PC NA
  • castigulaub17_ESO
    The best houses obviously need to cost a bit, but 3 mil gold? I have 60k on a good day, how the hell are normal people that don't play 100+ hours a week supposed to come up with that kind of gold?

I completely agree. Housing is way over priced. This old mentality that housing is an elitists symbol is over in most games. Just to name a few; Black Dessert online, SWTOR, LOTRO, for example have very well prices homes. Those games also have a way easier method to make in game money. They have an in game central auction house. Very easy to make money in most other games. BDO uses a different currency all together that makes owning homes and workshops accessible by all.

Please don't make houses an elitists symbol of wealth. Small and medium houses need to cost half of what they cost now. Even large homes are over priced. I understand Manors being the symbol that all elitists crave and need. But the other homes should be accessible by all.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »

Here is a really helpful link for house locations and cost.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing
    PC NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For sure the manors are designed with a guild house idea.

Basically the weekly money some guild require for bids will go into a gold sink for houses.

I'd expect to see larger guilds but all manors and attune some crafting stations as well as assistants.

It's really a good thing.
    My biggest and only fear are crown prices which should never go above 5k in crowns but really that's expensive IMO anyways for motifs, mounts, crown crates and stuff today.

Maybe the manors will fall under 2500 crowns each.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    Actually no don't say they are OK. They'll jack them up to 10s of millions and stick them all in CS.

I'm fairly sure that will be the case with unique houses (e.g., the island house and Craglorn cave house).
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We have moved this discussion to the public test server forum as housing is available on PTS only.

Will Homesteads get their own Forum Subsection once they go live?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need more gold than the price of house because gold brought houses are unfurnished while Crown brought houses come fully furnished.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For sure the manors are designed with a guild house idea.

Basically the weekly money some guild require for bids will go into a gold sink for houses.

I'd expect to see larger guilds but all manors and attune some crafting stations as well as assistants.

If that is the case, and I totally see your point, wouldn't the next "obvious" addition to Homesteads be to allow Trade Guilds to set up a permanent Trade Kiosk within their Homestead?

I am sure some Trade Guilds manage to get the same pitch all the time, but as guilds change some may find themselves moving around, and from both a seller and a buyers point of view a know point of sale location is always better.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to expensive? looool
    Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
    Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
    Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
    Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
    Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance

manors 3.7m ea, large homes around 1m ea, rest homes, 23 different you can buy all of them for around 3.5m when most of them are under 200k per single home, only medium homes are for around 300k and this is also not high amount of gold, not hard to get it atleast in week playing
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    12000k gold just to get the achievements wth.
    Dat endless grind again.
    PTS-EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The manor isn't meant for the player who just jumped in 4 months ago, or even most year old accounts. These are priced for the mature account that has since run out of things to spend gold on.

To put things in perspective, maxing your bank plus maxing bag and riding skills on 8 characters will end up costing you well over 2 million gold. Even those of you partially there have probably spent over half a million gold already, not counting everything else you spend gold on. When you reach the point beyond upgrades, you're going to start to see your gold build up.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone says ESO is crazy easy to make gold. I just don't see it. I've been playing since first beta, I'm in a couple trade guilds that I keep full, and I have all crafting maxed. I don't seem to sell anything. I've never had more than 100k
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    Small homes are affordable, and that's fine like that. A normal person doesn't need a huge mansion. If you want a huge mansion, get rich.

I see big manors more as a thing to be used as a guild hall. Getting a few millions gold together as a guild isn't that hard.

I just wished they showed crown prices too so I could know which one to use. I'll be buying a 3.7 million gold manor for my guild anyway and I hope the prices don't go down.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest and only fear are crown prices which should never go above 5k in crowns but really that's expensive IMO anyways for motifs, mounts, crown crates and stuff today.

What part of 4500 Crown Elk did you miss last month? :neutral:

I expect that furnished Manors will be the most expensive thing ever to be seen in the Crown Store, until the furnished private island comes up for sale.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HuawaSepp wrote: »
    12000k gold just to get the achievements wth.
    Dat endless grind again.

like endless gring for gran overlord rank on pvp without being in PRO group to farm ap, just not ablu to every noob, casual etc and thats all, not everyone ar able to get Dro-m'Athra Destroyer title and still not much people is able to get just skin from vMoL, you have get to deal with it not every acheivement, title is able to get for you if you dont playing to much and dont playing experienced/hardcore
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭

Well, they could've gone with an Aion style auction system where you bid on a house to get one, then you pay weekly upkeep. These are reasonable prices. If you really want manor and don't want to join a trading guild to make money, you can use your own cold hard cash and use gems. Otherwise, find yourself a nice small house for that 60K gold.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game needed a better gold sink to help balance out the economy. I wish I was one of them, as I will scrape together just enough for a medium home, but there are many players who have too much gold ingame. Giving a place for large sums of gold to disappear is healthy for all of our trade vendor prices and wares sold within, over time. MMOS without good gold sinks suffer from inflation, as farming gold is just like printing money on a whim.

Plus Zenimax will be able to make some extra funds be selling furnished versions in the crown store
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What part of 4500 Crown Elk did you miss last month? :neutral:

I expect that furnished Manors will be the most expensive thing ever to be seen in the Crown Store, until the furnished private island comes up for sale.

A motif and some mounts are 5,000 so what you think the manors fully furnished will cost?
    I'd say no less than 10,000 crowns ( that's wishful thinking cuz I'm buying houses with crowns ) this will be great profits for them it can't be less than a motif.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 4, 2017 4:19PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prices seem fine, not everyone should have a manor.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got to disagree, the prices seem perfect to me in terms of gold. It leaves most people able to buy a nice medium house immediately and able to work for something larger over time! We'll see how the Crown prices are, though. I'm all about supplementing my gold purchases with Crown purchases but I'm not going to go whole hog and dump every last resource into them, especially if they're too expensive.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Prices seem fine, not everyone should have a manor.

Especially the cheap and thrifty. lol.
    ****Master Healer...****