The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The problems never end ZOS!

Robisok74
Robisok74
✭✭✭
I am really finding it hard to keep my cool, whilst watching a load screen and writing this.

I have a day off work and thought i would play a bit of ESO. I find maintenance is due today, well OK i can understand that (If i thought anything would ever get sorted).

So i think Ok i have a couple of hours, ill go and do my pledges. No! that is too much for a paid member. I get into a group and try to port in, i sit on a load screen for 10mins and have to restart the game, by which point i have been kicked.

I wait my time penalty and rejoin the que, i find one and go to port in and find i am stuck on a load screen again! In fact i have decided to write this whilst waiting and can confirm my screen is still loading after about 20mins.

I do not expect any king of answer or apology from ZOS, as that really isn't how they work. [SNIP]

I would like an answer to this question though if at all possible. Do you think that this is acceptable for people paying £8.99 a month?

Also please if you ever take the time to read a paying customers post,could you please think about removing the "This may be an unusually long load time" banner. This is false and quite frankly a lie and insulting, as it is a normal load time.

Sorry for the fume, but i am sick of this[SNIP] im still sitting on this stupid load screen!!!!

Edited title and post to remove inflammatory statements and profanity
Edited by ZOS_PeterT on January 5, 2017 9:20PM
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robisok74 wrote: »
    I am really finding it hard to keep my cool
    Loading times can be a severe issue for low end model computers. But I personally think this is more of a issue on your end than there own. If you can't get a new computer than I would suggest alt+tabbing out of the game while it's on a loadscreen, try watching a video or two then come back. No need to rush, man. Just take deep breaths and relax. You'll find that you'll enjoy your time more that way.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    Loading times can be a severe issue for low end model computers. But I personally think this is more of a issue on your end than there own. If you can't get a new computer than I would suggest alt+tabbing out of the game while it's on a loadscreen, try watching a video or two then come back. No need to rush, man. Just take deep breaths and relax. You'll find that you'll enjoy your time more that way.

Judging that the OP is saying there is maintenance today they are on XB1, which to be fair is just as bad as a low end computer :D
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading times can be a severe issue for low end model computers. But I personally think this is more of a issue on your end than there own
    This is a fact. I can play ESO on my new Custom built Desktop on highest quality, and never spend more than 15 seconds on a loading screen, with the login being the longest.

While when I'm on my old laptop, loading times take at least 1 minute, and I lag if my settings aren't at minimum (or close).

Try lowering your quality settings. This could save a lot of performance issues. Same if you have lots of addons active.

• Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭

XBOX ONE S

60Mbps fibre connection

All XBOX and ESO ports forwarded

No sorry. Not my problem. In fact there are days when things work remarkably well, but they are far and few between..
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @1mirg you're kidding me right? You do understand console and pc are totally different platforms. Hell I even get long as load screen with an i7 5820k with 100mbs connection.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like the car has a flat tire, they will either just ignore it or replace it with a bicycle tire.
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really finding it hard to keep my cool, whilst watching a load screen and writing this.

I have a day off work and thought i would play a bit of ESO. I find maintenance is due today, well OK i can understand that (If i thought anything would ever get sorted).

So i think Ok i have a couple of hours, ill go and do my pledges. No! that is too much for a paid member. I get into a group and try to port in, i sit on a load screen for 10mins and have to restart the game, by which point i have been kicked.

I wait my time penalty and rejoin the que, i find one and go to port in and find i am stuck on a load screen again! In fact i have decided to write this whilst waiting and can confirm my screen is still loading after about 20mins.

I do not expect any king of answer or apology from ZOS, as that really isn't how they work. As long as they are getting the money they couldn't give a s**t.

I would like an answer to this question though if at all possible. Do you think that this is acceptable for people paying £8.99 a month?

Also please if you ever take the time to read a paying customers post,could you please think about removing the "This may be an unusually long load time" banner. This is false and quite frankly a lie and insulting, as it is a normal load time.

Sorry for the fume, but i am sick of this incompetence and the lies of "we have sorted this" when it hasn't been and probably never will be and im still sitting on this stupid load screen!!!!

Try repair your client actually repair your client after every maintenance/patch it helps with loading screens i can confirm.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axorn wrote: »

I do not expect any king of answer or apology from ZOS, as that really isn't how they work. As long as they are getting the money they couldn't give a s**t.

Sorry for the fume, but i am sick of this incompetence and the lies of "we have sorted this" when it hasn't been and probably never will be and im still sitting on this stupid load screen!!!!

Try repair your client actually repair your client after every maintenance/patch it helps with loading screens i can confirm.

Xbox. There is no repairing to be done.

Doesn't matter how anyone tries to twist it this is on zos end.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will ignore you and have some shiny distraction for you instead, looks like this is just the way of life in 2017.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have to have low end products to experience long loading screens and other server related issues, I have i7 16 gigs of ram 300Mbs cable internet. Asus sabretooth mother board, ssd and still the game at times performs poorly, it is 99% server side issues, not much you can do on the home front.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @1mirg you're kidding me right? You do understand console and pc are totally different platforms. Hell I even get long as load screen with an i7 5820k with 100mbs connection.

Same as me, running a custom built computer where i render and edit 4k/6k RAW camera footage over a fiber optic network and ESO still gets laggy and long load screens, even when running 2 in game addons which shouldn't be eating into the LUA memory much.

Game has always been poorly optimised i have personally found. I understand a bit of lag, during intense battles, but not PvE lag or lag when im in the home keep.

If you have played a while most will have witnessed the positive correlation between the PvP campaign getting pop-locked and lag being introduced. This isn't to do with my computer, it is more linked with inadequate server hardware processing players requests.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before lock. That said you should name your platform. Each platform has different problems.
    Edited by DHale on January 4, 2017 6:31PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@PeaNutShotz

I suggest you read again. The person you quoted was the first response. OP doesn't say what platform he was on. Basically the person you quoted is correct and especially with knowledge OP is on XB it applies as well since
    XB isn't that great.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no secret that Xbox players have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to platform optimization.

For 6 months players couldn't risk traveling to wrothgar for fear of a crash loop. In a premium purchased MMO, designed for player retention and investment, to say players have been treated poorly, is an understatement.
    Edited by NeillMcAttack on January 4, 2017 7:26PM
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to have a problem on Xbox 1 when I'm helping my son out. Or when I'm bored and swap to Xbox from pc. It's not always the players connection. We've established that in multiple threads. Zos has sht servers! Done and done.
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly, it's not nice to lose time that you've paid for. However, you're another example of a hyper-competitive person taking a game too seriously and spewing out toxic sludge everywhere.

No matter how you feel, it is still just a video game.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to throw salt in wounds but you waited 20 minutes in a load screen?

Close the gsme on xbox dashboard, load game, log into a different character, log out, log back on the character that was stuck in loading.

Problem should be fixed. It's a band aid but us xbox players learn the work arounds, if not, you look foolish twiddling your thumbs at a 20 minute load screen.

It's def. A ZoS issue, like mentioned above, xbox support is absolutely pathetic and something needs to be done, might never happen but being proactive helps.

In the time you sat and stewed, you could have found out how to resolve your issue, and get back to playing.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google: clear XBox cache.

That could help a bit. I do it every few months like an oil change.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been there mate. taken a day off work only to be stuck in a cyrodil loading screen for 2 hours. had to create an alt to log in just to swerve around it- then my toon floated in cyrodil for another 10 minutes.

this game is so broken- but hey- at least we have decorations and fancy drapes. if these guys addressed the broken engine instead of the *** rims- have a loyal hardcore base( like dota and LOL) which would make the game actually popular among hardcore gamesrs- attract a real base and have more people come into it- they'd make more money than they could count-.

instead?! theyre doing it the other way around. lets fill the game wth as much crap and shiny *** as possilb-e hope it attracts casual gamers- then with that influx we can address mechanics and gameplay issues.

the top games in the world- counterstrike, DOTA, LOL, etc, etc dont have freakin drapes and curtain selections- they got awesome mechanics- and perfect pings around the world- wherever you are - net cafe or at home on a laptop - you can get into a game within 3 minutes and play perfect pro level latency gameplay.

i play regularly at a net cafe- and am surrounded by these dudes- THEY ARE ALWAYS PLAYING - while i am sitting in my chair swivelling looking at this:

http://esoacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Cyrodiil.jpgCyrodiil.jpg

I regularly get asked- what game is that? and i have to tell them the truth- its the best game i ve ever played- and the most frustrating too.

it ESO would address that i guarantee you they'd be better off.
    Edited by MakoFore on January 4, 2017 10:36PM
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I found that it was specifically the Banished Cells dungeon that was having this issue for me.

I was able to enter the Vault of Madness without any issue. I came back to the BCs later after maintenance and had the same issue.

Also have had this issue recently when trying to enter certain delves and solo content.

Thanks to those who have posted constructive comments, much appreciated :) I will make sure if i post again to put the platform i am on also :)
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this thread to the Xbox Support forum where it should be more helpful.

I'm sorry to see you're having this issue in Banished Cells, if anyone is experiencing the same in that specific zone, please post in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • a.malenotti69b16_ESO
    a.malenotti69b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have often endless loading screen in various areas and at various levels. Most of the time when I leave closed areas like caves or mines ...
    Every time I must restart the game but not always after works.

pls fix
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have the same problem with the banished cells AND wrothgar AND cyrodiil.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google: clear XBox cache.

That could help a bit. I do it every few months like an oil change.

I do it every day, sometimes multiple times and it doesn't help.

• CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally, make sure you map ports to the device name/mac address and not to an IP because your router may not always assign the same IP.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    I have 10 characters out of 12 slots (yes, I normally enjoy the game and I'm not trolling). Out of the 10, at any one time, between 1 and 4 of them have loading issues. Randomly. The characters have so far been at the Evermore (Bangkorai) crafting stations, the The Hollow City (Coldharbor) crafting stations, Tribunal Temple and Mournhold crafting stations (Deshaan), Riften Wayshrine and crafting stations (the Rift), pretty much anywhere in Auridon, Greenshade or Grahtwood and one time just trying to leave the Mill in Daggerfall (Glenumbra).

It can happen on initial boot of the game, loading the character selection screen, loading individual characters, using wayshrines or just entering or exiting delves or public dungeons. For a while now any of my characters in Covenant territory will sometimes be booted to another instance mid-travel (although miraculously this is one of the few loads that actually seems to work).

And this happens on two different models of Xbox One. Each console is connected to the router using verified CAT5 cable rated for 1Gbps via a fixed IP to a 36Mbps connection, with port-forwarding correctly set for both (I'm a Network Engineer by trade and I know more about NAT and PAT than most posters on here will ever know (or indeed want to)).

This morning I cleared my cache and deleted my local files TWELVE TIMES while trying to load 4 individual characters (only two of which actually managed to be successful). I was trying to collect the crafting mats for all 10, but gave up when the red mist set in...

This has been an issue with the Xbox EU servers since before Christmas - not my Xboxes, not my router, not my ISP (all of which work fine with every other game I inevitably end up playing because ESO has failed to work YET AGAIN)!

I pay a subscription for a game I currently can't play because the company who produce it are more interested in selling me Crown Crates than actually supplying the service they bill for.

Here in the UK, billing for services you've no intention of supplying is called 'fraud' - just FYI...

FIX
    YOUR
    DAMNED
    GAME
    Edited by TwinStripeUK on January 11, 2017 6:52PM
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    In Grahtwood I'm now unable to enter the Cathedral
    CapnPhoton wrote: »

Additionally, make sure you map ports to the device name/mac address and not to an IP because your router may not always assign the same IP.

You use the device(XboxOne) Mac address to asign the ip address, so that the ip address will always be the same. This way you have control over network access and security. You wouldn't want to open ports for your your entire block of ip addresses just the specific ips you have asigned via the devices mac address. In short yes i have :)
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Today it seems Crypt of hearts is the dungeon i can't enter. To be honest though ZOS the whole dungeon grouping thing is an epic fail on your part!!

Almost every dungeon entered now, you can see somebody can't enter AND YET YOU DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!! Absolutely shamefull!!!!

Just a thought. Why not make dungeons a 3 player activity because it's rare that you ever get 4 players in lmao!!!
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

XBOX ONE S

60Mbps fibre connection

All XBOX and ESO ports forwarded

No sorry. Not my problem. In fact there are days when things work remarkably well, but they are far and few between..

I would recommend doing the ports mapped to a device name and mac address and not to an IP. The router can assign an IP to another device. If they are mapped to the MAC and device name, the settings will always follow. I started doing this a few months into playing the game and I rarely have lag or loading issues.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens are still an issue on Xbox live as well as being disconnected often

It's very rude for ppl to say silly stuff like it's your Xbox when the developers have three different platforms.
    The game should be developed for each network

It's that simple....
    To the OP, I get loading screens too but the idea that we need a high end machine to run the game points at development flaws cause consoles are consoles.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501